How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Schwick :D
I mostly do EE and don't always have carbs, I will have extra veg or a large salad. Home made soup is a good filler and full of free/superfree foods. For breakfast I have fruit either on it's own but lots of it, or with a yoghurt.
Hope this is of some use.
X

OKay the first thing to do is not panic and make any rash decisions about changing plans. You need to give any plan a minimum of four weeks before you can say if it working or not.

Next, post your food diary on here so we can see what you are eating - we may spot something you are doing wrong or can make suggestions on how to improve your menu plan.

What was your diet like before SW and how close to target are you? Both of these can affect losses, as can hormonal changes and a multitude of other things. And remember that you have lost 2.5 lbs in three weeks which isn't bad at all - it's a bag of sugar!

Great advice as ever Circes ;)

I'm not sure EE is working for me, first week no loss, 2nd week lost 2lb, this week 1/2lb. :cry:

I know very little about Green Days, I do feel I am having too many carbs with the Free Foods (ie cereal, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc.), anybody have any ideas on this?

Thanks

Sorry I got your name wrong SWchick - eyes must've been crossed ;)

Thanks Ladies, Well I have been very confused I have to say, so appreciate your help.

I joined SW with my 2 sisters, here we go,

Me (as above)

Sis 2 - sick 1st week, 2nd week puts on 1/2 lb, 3rd week loses 3 1/2 lb. :D

Sis 3 - 2lb loss 1st week, 2nd weeks puts on 1/2lb, 3rd week jacks it in..

Thanks Ladies, Well I have been very confused I have to say, so appreciate your help.

I joined SW with my 2 sisters, here we go,

Me (as above)

Sis 2 - sick 1st week, 2nd week puts on 1/2 lb, 3rd week loses 3 1/2 lb. :D

Sis 3 - 2lb loss 1st week, 2nd weeks puts on 1/2lb, 3rd week jacks it in..

Once Sis 3 sees how well you (and sis 2) are doing & how determined you are, she'll rejoin you & sis 2. As Circes said, you need to give it at least four weeks in order to have given it your best shot and you will only do that by staying on plan.
;)

Good for you SWchick :D
Lots of people around for help, advice & a listening ear ;)
The best of luck to you. Keep us all updated on how you're getting on.
Weigh in tomorrow, Yay :D haha
x

Great information, thank you , im just starting out so this is very helpful

Great information, thank you , im just starting out so this is very helpful

Welcome Bree :welcome2:
Are you going to group or weighing in at home?

Im doing it from home, i havent got a SW near me :( , joined up online although i find minimins better for explaining things, than the SW website, Day one is almost over and im still here lol

Glad you're still around Bree :)
It's a great eating plan and apart from losing weight I've found my skin has benefited from the better food I'm having :)
Ditto to all you said. No group near me either. I just use the SW site for weigh in days and to do my food diary. I've found it a good idea to be able to look back for meal inspiration so I don't get bored eating the same old same old.
I weigh in on a wednesday simply because I joined on a tuesday evening ;)
There are lots of places to look on here for inspiration, hints & tips. Not all posts are food related either, there's an Off Topic forum where all sorts of different things get discussed. I particularly like the Tip Of The Day area. Found a gardening, grow your own one yesterday, a passion of mine, so that's had me chatting away in between chores and working in my own garden today in the beautiful weather. Yay :rainbow:

Thanks for the encouragement, day two yipeee, i keep telling myself each day i stay on track is one day im taking back :)

Thanks for the encouragement, day two yipeee, i keep telling myself each day i stay on track is one day im taking back :)

Oh absolutely. What day are you going to be weighing in?
I've been relatively inactive for so long, I get really excited at not being breathless going up the stairs anymore, or being able to bend over comfortably to put my socks on and then not seeing marks where they've dug in :D
Keep going Bree you CAN do it x

I weighed yesterday and it almost killed me, seeing it in front of you is very different from seeing it in your head :(, i will weigh in again next Sunday and im praying for nice numbers :), i would love to be able to walk 2 miles again without dying, its been so long since i could do that.

Have you seen the 'Sunday weigh in' forum? I use the wednesday home weigh in one. Always lots of encouragement pre weigh in and lots of support afterwards. But everyone on here is great :D
I know what you mean about actually seeing it in numbers, I was quite upset to see that I was heavier than I thought, but that's all in the past :D

Onwards and downwards if that makes sense lol :17729:

Good one Bree ;) :cross:

Thanks for all the advice - new to SW so finding it all very helpful.
Not fully started it yet, reading and taking notes ready for the off but I am being careful what I eat.

Thanks for all the advice - new to SW so finding it all very helpful.
Not fully started it yet, reading and taking notes ready for the off but I am being careful what I eat.

Good luck Kindleuser, you'll be hard put to find a better site for support on your journey :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back