How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys love this thread finding it really helpful in trying to get my head round it all. I've at least 6 stone to lose and going to my 1st meeting 2morrow night. Wish me luck love how everyone's so supportive on here!

Hi guys love this thread finding it really helpful in trying to get my head round it all. I've at least 6 stone to lose and going to my 1st meeting 2morrow night. Wish me luck love how everyone's so supportive on here!

Loads of luck and I am sure you love this eating plan - Im in the same boat with weight to lose but just trying to keep focussed which is where this forum is a godsend :) xx

Loads of luck and I am sure you love this eating plan - Im in the same boat with weight to lose but just trying to keep focussed which is where this forum is a godsend :) xx

Thankyou probably be on here after 1st meeting 2nite trying to make sense of it all! Lol. We can do this! :) xxx

Hi slimmers!

So, I started Slimming World yesterday...I'm a newbie! I'm not new to dieting though, I've been on another diet since 16th February and lost 19 pounds (out of 50! - god that sounds a lot) so far :D and I don't quite want to say just yet what the other diet is because it really is FAB and I don't want people to think that I'm slating it or going off it because I'm not...I'm pretty fickle when it comes to dieting :p

As you will see I'm slowly getting there with my target and that is purely down to the other diet I've been doing. (If you do want to know then please just ask...it's not a top secret/ground breaking diet, I just don't want to put people off it! ;)) But, my weight loss HAS slowed down with it which I know is completely normal. I'm not far from half way to target and I still have time, I think I will hit my target, sensibly and (HOPEFULLY ***FINGERS, TOES, EVERYTHING CROSSED*** be able to keep it off, FOR GOOD!). So, because it has slowed down quite a bit and I am still so motivated to keep dieting and be super strict, I thought I might try a different diet. Almost as a KICK START and another BOOST to the old metabolism.

The main point of this post really is to ask for advice and tips... :) - Does everything think it seems like a good idea? Or, should I just stick with the diet I have been doing? (I went to SW yesterday and got half price membership so I'm not too worried if I do end up sticking with what I know). AND, if everyone does think I should give SW a try to keep going with my weight loss and give the weight loss a boost - ANY TIPS?!!! I'm trying to get my head around all the information. I always find you need a good few days and then you start learning the ropes.

So...from one crazy dieter - to hopefully some more expert/less crazy dieters ;) ... any advice would be greatly received.

E x

Brilliant thread!

I think the US version of EE must differ slightly: 2 HEA and 1 HEB each day, 5-10 Syns per day. No red and green days on the US plan at all, just EE. I have my old SW UK books and recipe books and so on, though, so I can mix things up a bit with the help of this great thread! Thanks!

great great great thread, i'm a newbie so i had a good read of this ready for my second meeting on thursday!

Hi guys, apologies if this sounds slightly silly but I'm still confused as to which days you can do. Do you have to do red day, green day, red day, green day or do you have to choose all red days or all green days or all extra easy? Starting Monday and I still can't get my head round it!

Thanks
x

You can do whatever you want - either stick to the same plan all the time or do a mixture. There are no rules on how long or how often you have to do a plan - its entirely up to you :)

very helpful thanks

This is such an amazing thread, I'm tempted to print out all the info and keep it in my SW folder as a quick reference point!

Hi, I've just joined too.
I've followed Slimming World for years (well, off and on) and yet again have restarted ..............
Visit to the doctor and advised to lose some weight for the good of my health.
I'm really encouraged by some of the posts I've read
Tina:sign0144:

Asda does an extra lean mince that is free, but a lot pricier than their lean ones! :-( Tesco do a frozen mince in their lighter choices and I am fairly sure that is free too. Great for chillies, spag bol etc... but wouldn't work for HM burgers. xx

hi Just wanted to say fingers crossed that i can do this! all your posts sound as if it should, have been on plan for 8 weeks and only lost 9lb been doing red/green cos couldnt get head round ee.....am going to try ee this week as everyone in class has great losses on this plan and so far my biggest loss is only 3lb.

luckystarr79 said:
hi Just wanted to say fingers crossed that i can do this! all your posts sound as if it should, have been on plan for 8 weeks and only lost 9lb been doing red/green cos couldnt get head round ee.....am going to try ee this week as everyone in class has great losses on this plan and so far my biggest loss is only 3lb.

Hi luckystarr. You've mentioned 'only' a couple of times there. Please don't disregard your losses like that. We'd all love to lose the weight quickly but for some of us it's a little bit slower than others. It doesn't mean you won't get to where you want to go. Just keep focused & don't put yourself under too much pressure & you'll get there.

I've an average loss of between 0.5lb - 1 lb a week & lost 2st 3lb so far & never been happier. It might be a long road but it's a pretty wonderful one! xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back