How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lostfan - dried pasta and rice!! fresh stuff is high in syns. can't answer on meat/fish as i don't eat it or pay attention when people talk about it, but seems like an awful lot of it is free, ONLY IF ITS LEAN and you trim fat off backon etc. 99% of fruit and veg are free, some aren't - mainly stuff tinned in brine/syrup etc so worth checking but i haven't come across a raw veg or fruit that aint free food yet

Sorry to be a pain I just want to clarify on the whole free foods thing - on EE. Free foods are any fruit and veg fresh or frozen, lean meat and all fish even oily ones and including seafood? Any kind of pasta and rice - and these you can eat as much as you like (within reason)?

Lostfan - dried pasta and rice!! fresh stuff is high in syns. can't answer on meat/fish as i don't eat it or pay attention when people talk about it, but seems like an awful lot of it is free, ONLY IF ITS LEAN and you trim fat off backon etc. 99% of fruit and veg are free, some aren't - mainly stuff tinned in brine/syrup etc so worth checking but i haven't come across a raw veg or fruit that aint free food yet

This is essentially correct, the actual list includes, but not limited to:

• Lean meat & poultry
  • Fish & seafood
  • Potatoes, pulses and starchy veg
  • Rice, pasta & grains - dried;
    • fresh pasta (the stuff in the chiller cabinet) has syns:
      • filled pasta 5 syns for 100g uncooked
      • unfilled 2.5 syns for 100g uncooked
    • microwave packet stuff, like dolmio:
      • flavoured - 4.0 syns per pack
      • plain - 2.0 syns per pack
    • rice like microwavable uncle ben's:
      • plain - 1.5 syns per pouch
      • flavoured - 3.0 syns per pouch
      • savoury rice - 1.5 syns per pack
  • Eggs
  • Fat free dairy products - natural yoghurt, cottage cheese, quark and whatnot
  • Vegetable proteins, eg Quorn and tofu
  • Herbs, spices and stock
  • Tea, coffee and diet drinks
  • Fresh/frozen fruit - canned fruit in both juice and syrup has syns;
    • vaires wildly, but approx 2.5 syns per 100g in juice and 4.0 syns per 100g in syrup
  • Most vegetables - check your book

here to suscribe. im doing red and green days at the moment but want to move onto extra easy, these posts are really handy so thankyou!!! xx

Hi everyone i am also doing mainly green at the moment but thinking of trying ee again and this post is so helpfull thanks squiddie xx

Just started week 2 so thank you this thread has been really helpful! It's great seeing advice from others going through the same thing :)

My only advice for someone who is starting this is read your book like its the bible, no one will ever know everything about it and everyone whose on it can give different advice. I have learnt so much from listening to other peoples stories and how they do things that hopefully it will help me in my journey

My only advice for someone who is starting this is read your book like its the bible, no one will ever know everything about it and everyone whose on it can give different advice. I have learnt so much from listening to other peoples stories and how they do things that hopefully it will help me in my journey

I definitely agree Barbara! I'm trying to look through the different threads on this for advice and some it has been really helpful

I just dont know which plan is which...what am i supposed to be following.....whats the difference with the three plans...extra easy..original and green....someone help me PLEASE......

I just dont know which plan is which...what am i supposed to be following.....whats the difference with the three plans...extra easy..original and green....someone help me PLEASE......
All three plans work in a similar way, it's completely up to you which one you follow. Green has next to no meat (unless you have some as a Healthy Extra B Choice) and Red is the inverse of Green where it's extremely meat heavy. Extra Easy is a mix of the two and recommended for new members.

I would say try all 3 and see what happens and see which one you have the better weight loss with and stick to it

thanks squiddie that was great will keep on going over it as I am on sw,can you tell me what plan out of the 3 is the best to follow to loose weight fast, or are they all the same good luck with your weight loss:)

Don't make it complicated! Extra easy gives you a lot of flexibility and you can get fantastic results.
Save the other plans for later, when you have followed it for a few weeks, or for a time when you might need them. xx

thanks squiddie that was great will keep on going over it as I am on sw,can you tell me what plan out of the 3 is the best to follow to loose weight fast, or are they all the same good luck with your weight loss:)
I would start with Extra Easy, trust the plan and follow all three parts and you will lose weight. Try not to think about how fast you'll lose, but more about losing it permanently. Good luck :)

I'm back after ANOTHER relapse.... Oops!
Started about a week ago, WI tomorrow night so fingers crossed. Doing red again because that's what worked for me before, and also, I don't know too much about EE!
Might read up a bit more on it later on... :)

Hello everyone.
I am doing SW for the first time and am doing it online.
Please can someone help with a question. I am doing the EE menu and on site I am looking at the Cajun chicken with spice potato wedges and coleslaw recipe. It only gives syncs for the green menu but doesn't mention EE or original, like other recipes do. Does this mean its free?
Thanks

Morning!

I have a similar related question to Shazlee. It seems that most of the recipies in the magazine are for extra easy (which I am quite disappointed about as I wanted to follow the Red plan). Is there a way of converting Extra Easy to Red?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back