How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Slimming World Advice for New comers (Including Extra Easy)

Morning!

I have a similar related question to Shazlee. It seems that most of the recipies in the magazine are for extra easy (which I am quite disappointed about as I wanted to follow the Red plan). Is there a way of converting Extra Easy to Red?

Thanks.

If you look in the back of the magazine you will see a list that has all the recipes and the syns on each plan

What a great thread! I've been on SW since July last year, doing EE and it has worked really well for me but I really fell off the wagon a few weeks ago, just couldn't get motivated but rediscovered this forum last week and it's really helped, and this thread in particular has really given me a boost and helped be get right back on the plan with a vengeance!

Fingers crossed I get a good loss tomorrow! :scale:

This is so helpful, thank you!

B****r think i have slipped up already. was doing SW at home but decided last night to join a group. Heard someone say last night mugshots are free food.... so not being very organised for work today had TWO (was starving) now think may have blown syn allownace for day (week)as well as feeling like a greedy pig. must try harder.

Hi Lass the first was tomato noodle and the 2nd (shame) was a chicken noodle thing. It was the calorie count that made me think not as free as I thought.

I think the less than 1% fat ones, with no artificial colours and preservatives are free - the others aren't. The ones from the cheapy shops are not likely to be free even if less than 1% fat because they use less healthy ingredients apparently, but from supermarkets are fine. I have bought some but not tried them yet because they are a bit high calorie for a snack and I don't think one would be enough for a meal.

Got both of them from asda but to be truthful don't think I will bother again. Not enough satisfaction in them, hope you enjoy yours more.

This is a great thread! I have just joined this forum and so far it has been very friendly and helpful. When i read the info on 'advice for newcomers' it made perfect sense, already i can see where i went wrong last time, and i wasn't using my syns properly at all, i always thought the lower the better Thanks so much Natt! :happy096:

Re: Slimming World Advice for New comers (Including Extra Easy)

Great. Have learnt lots and lots. Thanks all

Thanks for this thread. Going to join a class next week and getting myself up to speed. :)

Hi! Im 16 and doing slimming world from home (my mum did it last year) so using here books. I've been doin it for 3 weeks and only lost one pound, i cant understand why has anybody got any advice?

Hi! Im 16 and doing slimming world from home (my mum did it last year) so using here books. I've been doin it for 3 weeks and only lost one pound, i cant understand why has anybody got any advice?

Do you have a food diary? It's tough to say what might be up without an idea what a typical day's food is like. Chances are its something simple, but if you are weighing your healthy extras (and keeping to the right ones), snacking on free and super free foods, and counting all your syns honestly, then it's possibly something you are eating that you think is free but isn't (fresh pasta/noodles are synned for example).

S7.jpg
S14.jpg
S21.jpg
S28.jpg
Som_April.jpg
Club10.jpg

Thanks for posting this, I'm currently going through old posts just for some more info etc, every little helps!! :)

Agree with everyone saying keep a food diary. I still do mine 10 months on. Plan my meals for the week ahead & jot down everything I eat on the day, that way if i'm starting to go off track I can pull it back through the rest of the week. And reflect on both good/bad weeks to see where I went right/wrong and had good losses etc. Best of luck everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back