How to become a CDC?

LizzMB

WILL be Slim!
my CDC said she would sponsor me, and initially i didnt think i could do it, but there are a fair few people that have started on CD becuase of how well i have done so i'm thinking long and hard about whether i have made the right decision.

I have such a buzz and motivation about this diet and how far it has got me, that i cant help but want to pass on this wisdom to others and wonder whether with the right training, that i would be suitable...

Your thoughts would be appreciated! :D

xx

I dont know anything about how to become a cdc, but you've certainly been an inspiration to me! I am so envious of your stats and determined to get there eventually!
Well done on being within spitting distance of your goal! I imagine being a cdc helps keep you on track afterwards! I'm sure you could do it, you have so much to bring to the job from your own experiences I'm sure you would be a huge success.

Much respect!!
Cheryl

Last edited:
Lizz - I think you could certainly motivate people and help them on their journey! There's a whole raft of practical considerations here, as you'll probably be realising - as well as the all important 'could I help people?'. I think you could help people. Easily!

Been thinking about this myself, and discussing with my CDC - but I'm undecided as yet. At the moment the practicalities of 'time it will take once counselling' and 'location of counselling' weigh heavily against it for my circumstances (busy life, small house). I don't know how your circumstances are, but I have to honestly ask myself 'how much can I really take on?'. Otherwise knowing me I'll take on more than I should.

How many CDCs are in your immediate area, Lizz? I have an additional issue - my CDC lives up the road and around the corner... and a chap has moved in over the road into a house-share and he has Cambridge vinyls splattered all over his rear windscreen (suspect he's a mobile CDC). My CDC has warned that Cambridge can be cautious about such a concentration of CDCs in one small geographical area. We are considering how I might base myself differently to do it - but if we can sort that one out, she's happy to sponsor me. But I've a lot more thinking to do - it's tempting to have as a 'sideline' in these uncertain times... but I worry about that as a reason, and so try to shut that out of my mind.

Hi Lizz,
Hope your well hon, I would say go for it, your a true inspiration hon you have done so well and its amazing to help others on there journey.
It does not matter how many people are in one area, when I was on my follow up training course last week they actually stated that there can never be to many cdcs in one area as we all know different people.
My cdc lives down the road to me too, but I can honestly say out of all the clients I have only 2 or 3 of them have actually come from the cambridge website most of them are from word of mouth or people I know..
I definately think you should go for it.. I was exactly the same as you felt like I was buzzing from it and just wanted to help others and I can honestly say I love it. It can be hard at times just to juggle things around with family life etc but its fab. x

If you feel its right for you Lizz, then go for it... you are very caring and supportive, as well as being a great role model yourself. Why not try the first stage and see how it feels?

xxx

Go for it! You'd be great!!:)

Back