How to become a consultant .... My journey

roannegreenway

Well the title says it all so lets begin !!!

Well I'm Roanne I'm 40 ( although my 7 year old to get some choccy will swear blind I'm 21 lol ) I am married with a 16 , 7 and almost 3 year old and have do far lost 7 and a half stone .
I went to an opportunity event back in snowy January with my Consultant who is also pretty much my best friend Tony .
I liked the idea and then went for an interview which I was as nervous as anything ( sat in the reception area eating a Kinder surprise ( I like to look professional ) .
I made a folder beforehand of before and during pics as I've still a couple of stone to go and put all my award certificates in there . I asked a few questions and they told me there and then that I was through subject to a credit score but that the area I'm from has no spots available and would be on a waiting list .
And from there I will start again !!!!

Last week I got a call from my friend who managers the local community centre saying a SW lady keeps asking to visit to check the facilities out , I went to group early ( I help set up and run the tills for all 3 sessions usually and help put away and do stock ) and asked Tony what's going on ..... He says that another C wants the area where I live as there's no evening groups nor are there any WW local either . And in his exact words over his dead body will someone get another group before me ..... Well to cut a long story short I'd been overlooked on the waiting list but as soon as it was noticed I was on it I had my group and venue ( let's say I had to dig my heels in a fight abit , it can be abit dog eat dog out there ) .......
So as it stands I open up my group on the 4 th of September , my pre training is on June the 29 th and I'm off to Derby HQ on the 2/3 off August .
I'm doing this diary as I joined one also and found it invaluable info into the process from the opps event to training to all the highs and lows of the job .......
Please feel free to come on my trip with me and ask away xxxxx

image-1285778275.jpg

Well weigh in at group last night and I lost 2 1/2 so I'm over the 7 1/2 stone mark now ... Ran the tills and we had 141 members with with 11 at target so that's 130 paying which is an average night .....
I sat in on the new member talk as Tony is prepping me for training ( seems so daunting ) I hear him talk week after week with such ease and sometimes wonder if I can do it.!!!
Have to sort out a bank account this week and start shopping for the little things like files and plastic boxes for the 2lb star awards .......

You look fantastic Roanne, well done mate, when i have lost my 7 to 8 stone, i hope it has the same effect on my image, Well done.
I will be reading with great interest in your progress as you take this journey, I went to my local Opps evening last friday and was told there are vacancies coming up, but on the very sensible advice of several members on here i will be waiting until i'm closer to my target weight before i do anything to rash :) Well done again and keep it up ;) Matt

Thanks Matt

My paperwork turned up today with the contracts, have also decided that I'm going up to training with my consultant and Amanda ( another girl from another group who's interview is soon , but I'm confident she will pass !!! ) we are gonna stay at The Derbyshire and my C is going to observe our training .....( we're in a twin room but he's gay so he's safe !! )
Off for a terrible weekend of drinking back home in Clacton On Sea with family and friends ( don't get back often ) so will smile at the scales in Monday as I know I would have enjoyed it .
Thanks for following the thread Matt , I think it's a great idea to document the ups n downs , as nosey as I am tell us more about yourself mate xx

Wow-You have done amazingly well to loose so much weight, you look fanatic in your photo hun :) ( so dose Matt) I see on your info you started in aug 2012, is that when you actually started your slimming world journey hun? I am on my first day, have a long way to go and a lot to learn.

Good luck with becoming a consultant-i am to scared to go to meeting so ordered the info I need and am hoping mini mes can keep me on track and answer any questions. You seem really friendly though and will make a great consultant I am sure.

can I ask do you do green, red or the EE hun or muddle them up, I am not sure what to do yet? xxxxx

Hello Jules , I started doing SW from home about 18 months ago and lost quite abit but was far to shy to go to group , I took the plunge in August 2012 as I was coming up to 40 and enough was enough .... The 1 st group I went to was awful and I make no bones in that , the C was downright rude and I felt very unwanted there so after abit I changed to the group inning now where Tony tells everyone we are the double act group as its abit of a partnership thing .... That 1st night changed me , he re taught me the plan and really gave me the confidence to shine which is what I'm like now ( sometimes to my hubby's disgust lol ) ...
I follow EE its the easiest for me although I don't eat meat ( I eat fish ) it still works well .
I managed the Marathon in April after years of not being able to really walk the school run , my life has done a 360 and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner .....
Really want this thread to be honest n open with highs n lows and anything people wanna know just ask xxxxxx

Hello Jules , I started doing SW from home about 18 months ago and lost quite abit but was far to shy to go to group , I took the plunge in August 2012 as I was coming up to 40 and enough was enough .... The 1 st group I went to was awful and I make no bones in that , the C was downright rude and I felt very unwanted there so after abit I changed to the group inning now where Tony tells everyone we are the double act group as its abit of a partnership thing .... That 1st night changed me , he re taught me the plan and really gave me the confidence to shine which is what I'm like now ( sometimes to my hubby's disgust lol ) ...
I follow EE its the easiest for me although I don't eat meat ( I eat fish ) it still works well .
I managed the Marathon in April after years of not being able to really walk the school run , my life has done a 360 and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner .....
Really want this thread to be honest n open with highs n lows and anything people wanna know just ask xxxxxx

Aw thanks for answering my questions hun, I have started on a red day_think i would have found the EE a bit easier, never mind live and learn. maybe thats something I could do once I have lost a bit of weight then join a group, and sounds like even if there first one I go to isnt the best theres sure to be another one near.

You should be soooooo proud of yourself fo how far you have come, espically with the marathon :happy096:

xxxx

Hi Roanne,
I'm a consultant as well; it's good Tony is supporting you, it really can make all the difference having someone on your side.
Well done on your weight loss.
Hope everything works out for you. Are you starting up a new group or relaunching?
The day & time of your group, location and venue are so important to get right, as it can effect things like being allowed to have your banner up, moving groups if it's a school and they are holding another event, and availability 52 weeks a year.
Really hope that helps xx

Hi Roanne, I have always been on the solid side, I was the one my mum would say, "give it to Matt, he'll eat it" and on the whole I did :( then I gave up smoking and that nearly doubled my weight, and then I stopped cycling to work and then, and then, and then, whatever!!! I got very fat! Ha ha, and so we come to late last year and I was struggling to even do my shoelaces up without being out of breath, :( one day I was in a shop getting some keys cut and there was a local rag on the counter and as I opened it and right there was a story about some guy who lost about 12st and he did it by going to..................yep :) Slimming World :) so I did no more thinking about it I went home and signed up, but very soon after realised I needed to go to a group and that was my second best decision the people there are fantastic the support is incredible and the weight loss is, well,......................bloody brilliant and then to top it all I then get to meet you guys :)
i got a call this morning from the area manager she said that everyone was very impressed with me last week at the opp's evening, she asked if I'd like to proceed with the next part of my consultants journey, I said that I would actually like to be closer to my target weight before I did and so at the moment, no, but if she asked me 2 to 3st down the line I would gladly take the plunge :) so she as said I could set up in my locale and there is a huge populous to reach out to and so August time I will probably start my journey proper. :) there you go, a bit about me :)

Ah ta Matt , I love to get to know the people who are following this thread ..... That's brilliant that you got such positive feedback so quick !!!
Tonight I lost 2 1/2 do now I'm officially overweight and not obese ( weird thing to celebrate eh lol ) .
I signed my contracts tonight and got Tony to witness them .... So kinda all official now .
Just now looking forward to getting as much weight off in the next few weeks before Pre Training as I'd like to look my best .

Hello LittleMissSlim,

Totally agree about the venue , my friend is the manager of the community centre and I have now booked it with a rolling contract , its on a Wednesday night at 7.30 and starts in September , I will still do the tills on my Monday night meeting as me and Tony will share that roll , we are also covering each others holidays , I'm really lucky that we are such good mates and that he wants me to do well .
So where about are you based and have you been going it long ???

Right well my editorial is all written and am just picking out the pics that I like , I've already run it past Tony and he thinks its brill and have me some good feedback on things that needed tweaking ( really helps that he an area trainer sometimes lol )......... I thought I'd share it with you minus the pics .......

FLAB U LESS AT 40

Roanne had promised herself that by her 30 th birthday she would be slim well that was nearly 10 years ago and she hasn't stuck to her promise .
Roll forward 9 years and it was August 2012 and 3 months before her 40 th birthday and having lost a few stone at home she was yet again struggling with motivation and THAT birthday was getting closer.
Roanne explains " I seem to always start off really well but then I miss my favourite foods and then I lose all my willpower ".
Having seen an advert for Sliming World the following Monday Roanne hesitantly walked into Tony Ridgeway -Coles meeting and was so warmly welcomed felt instantly at ease . Tony went through the Food Optimising Plan and to Roanne's surprise discovered that all her favourite foods like potatoes, pasta and fish were free , yes unlimited .
Roanne lost weight slowly and steadily and by May had lost 4 stone in group which was a total of 7 1/2 stone since January 2012 .
Going to group also had a significant impact on Roanne who before the weight loss was a self confessed shy body , but with Image Therapy and discussions on cooking she found herself no longer at the back of the group but actively participating in chats about her favourite recipes which included spaghetti bolognese and lamb stew which are both syn free and in her own words fabulously filling and delicious to eat !!!
Roanne explains " I remember when Tony asked me to be a part of the social team and help run the tills ".
Before the weight loss I would never have put myself in a situation where I needed to talk to people but being a member of Slimming World it is like a family and so warm and friendly and supportive that I jumped at the chance .

Well Roanne has never looked back and has with the help of the members raised £300 for Make A Wish Foundation by running The Marathon in April and completing a skydive in June .
A year ago I could hardly walk my children to school without becoming out of breath and look at me now , I truly believe that with Slimming World you really can make your dreams come true ......

So with getting close to her personal target Roanne has decided to fulfil a lifetime ambition and train to become a consultant, in Roanne's own words
" if I can give back just a little of what I've learned and support and help motivate people then what more of a rewarding career could anyone want "

Hi Roanne, so you have to write this third person story an "editorial" and this is for what part of your consultant journey?
it's very good by the way :)

Hi ya Matt ,

Yeah I was reading through the tips they send you with the contracts and it def needs to be in the 3rd person as if I was being interviewed , also there's a booklet to be filled in before pre training , its like a slimming Questionnaire about how you feel , it says that you can fill it in online but alas the web address comes up empty , also it explains in the pack how to open up a bank account and set up direct debit , all quite simple things ......going to start buying table cloths and odd n sods this weekend as I'm going to try to act organised lol !!!

Nice one Roanne, I'll start mine for when it's needed

Right so I popped into pound land today ( I'm a classy girl ) and got some stationary and clip boards and files and pretty much anything I use at the Monday group .... Am thinking if I get little bits n bobs then it won't be a last minute dash !

Back