How to calculate sat fat from FAT

Sas101

Hiya
I had some frozen food in the freezer and was looking up the NI but it didn't state saturated fat only fat, am sure a few people said halve the fat and that should be the sat fat but am not quite sure about that so does anyone else know how to work it out x

I was always wondering that too, some foods don't have the sat fat listed and because of this reason I actually don't by that food, if I really fancy it then to be safe I go by the normal fat shown. Most the time foods are atleast half the sat fat so its wise to go half, but Ive brought food in the past where the fat was say 20g and the sat fat was 15g, so wasn't half...

Hi, when I used to go to the meetings years ago the leader told us to half the fat to get the sat fat but it was only as a guideline it would give you an approximate points value, so as long as you are not having your full points everyday you should be ok to have that frozen food.xx

Just repeating what Sazbirl said, that's what we were always told in meetings too. It doesn't always work as exactly half, sometimes more, sometimes less, but my leaders always said it was fine to work it out as half.

Back