how to cope with visitors

deepwaters5

Wondering how others handle things when you have weekend visitors. :confused:
They arrive on a Sat. afternoon and leave Sunday afternoon. My husband has Sunday covered with something I'm not interested in but I don't know what to do about Sat. Normally we would find an activity of some sort to do with them, then dinner and a night in a pub(s). I'm not a big drinker so can live through that all right, but would be super tempted at the dinner. Not to mention hungry if we're out all day with them. Not worried about over doing it as I'm sure just a little would fill me up. But hate to get off diet at all. Any ideas?

Hi. Well the official advice will be don't eat at all! However,I can sympathise with you going out for a meal with your friends and so if you feel like you're going to eat stick with something that has no carbs at all and a bit of protein. I would say something like a chicken salad obviously no dressings, etc literally just the salad and meat (no skin). Completely avoid any alcohol as you can become quite poorly when you drink on LT. I don't find going to the pub a problem as I've never been a big drinker and it really doesn't bother me to stick on soda water all night. Best of luck.

Thanks for your reply. Will definitely be sticking to protein and no carbs foods. Worried that it will be harder to not eat after that tho. Your weight loss is very inspiring!

You are right that it might make it tougher so I think you need to be telling yourself now that its only one meal and no more. Be very strict with yourself, make it clear to yourself what's allowed and stick to it. I talk to myself all the time! Make sure you are back 100% on Sunday, no excuses. Best wishes.

You are right that it might make it tougher so I think you need to be telling yourself now that its only one meal and no more. Be very strict with yourself, make it clear to yourself what's allowed and stick to it. I talk to myself all the time! Make sure you are back 100% on Sunday, no excuses. Best wishes.

Great advice. People often stumble with this kind of thing. Including me thats why on this attempt I haven't allowed myself anything even on occasions like this. I have been out to dinner and had a shake immediately before so I'm full and not eaten anything. It can be done. Its hard the first time but gets easier x :)

Thanks for the support! Great tip. Unfortunately, I will be out from about 1 that day and not sure what the day holds. Whether I go with them to eat though, that's still undecided so I may not be faced with the temptation. I've decided to get a flapjack, as disgusting as they are, for that week to take with me and nibble at which I'm hoping will help

Back