How to do it??

headdown

I have tried (and failed) many times now on cambridge! have been doing WW and told myself i would exercise regular and eat really healthy to loose weight quicker but guess what, i am not!!! When i try CD i think how easy WW must be, but when i do WW i can't stick to it for more than a few weeks.

How do you all DO cambridge! Don't get me wrong first time round i lasted 4 weeks! I need some encouragement so that i can do this. I have about 20 shakes in the house and i am thinking of giving it another go. i keep thinking it is only 14 weeks till xmas and wih ww i wll be lucky to shift a stone... but with cd if i stickto it rigid i could lose loads.

Can anybody help me (I know i ned to help myself). Any wise words please x x xx xx xx

I don't have any wise words for you as I am in the same boat, but i just wanted you to know that you are not alone! we can do this, it's just getting started and then sticking to it, so tomorrow i am really going to stay focused on it and really try, i might have to take up knitting or something in the evening to stop me from stuffin my face. I need to do this not only for me but for my children, and so they don't get other kids saying to them ha ha ha your mum is fat etc...

good luck, i am here if you want to have a buddy. i know i need one!

there is no magic answer, i started 3 weeks ago and i will admit that the first two days were fine, the next two were not so good, you have to block it out, drink loads of water, stay focused on what you want i desperatley want to lose weight and nothing will stop me achieving this, its just gremlins in your head that prevent you from achieving so when you feel the that you are hungry instead of food get a drink, warm drinks seem to be better ie, black tea or coffee, you will find inner strength to lose the weight but until Ketosis is in then will power is what you are looking for. It works ive lost 1 stone 2 lbs in two weeks and feel so much better for it

Good luck and stick at it x

You have to really REALLY want to succeed. You have to keep busy and keep focussed on the end goal. Set yourself lots of mini goals to keep you on track. You can do it! You have all of us on here to support you!!!! xxx

u fall off the wagon, the jump back on again.

i slip up. but the important thing is not to then give up. start over straight away. dont think oh well i have eated now, mite as well carry on till 2moro. think get me a glass of water. i need to flush what i ate out of me NOW. usually when u think oh well i ate now, might as well carry on, u eat more, cos u think well i wont be able to eat tomoro, ill stuff my face now.

its tough isnt it!? i have restarted many a time you literally need to talk to yourself when you go to break it what do i want eat? be slimmer?? take it shake by shake day by day come on here lots of advice and support ;) you can do it maybe 3stone of by xmas how fab would that feel?? x

have u tried about switching to something else? i tried lipotrim, stuck 1 week gave it up, tried cambridge, stuck 3 days gave it up, now am on lighter life this is my 7th day and have no intention of giving up!!
maybe its cd in general that isnt for u!!
i keep telling myself i CAN have xyz if i want and im CHOOSING not to have it! it helps me not to feel deprived cause its my choice not to have it!!

In my moments of weakness I always ask myself one question 'why am I doing this'? And the answers I ahve are enough to stop me from cheating so maybe you need to ask yourself the same and if you have really strong reasons , you won't be tempted to cheat. I now carry a scrap book whever I go and each time I feel weak, I scribble as to how I'm feeling at that time and whether cheating will make me feel better,etc. I wish I could give you a magic pill or potion hun as I have been in your position several times.

Good luck

Much love

Thembie

I know exactly how you feel. I lost 20lb in the first 5 weeks back in July. I gave up for August as had too much on with the intention to get back on it in September - which is just not happening!!! Every day I start with a shake and by lunchtime I am muching on a sandwich!!!

I have about 40 odd food packs/cartons at home which I seem to be collecting!!

I think it is because I have got down to a size I feel comfortable and everyone keeps saying how good I look even though I know I need to lose another 20lbs to be healthy.

I think I am just going to have to bite the bullet and start tomorrow properly. I need to keep coming back on here and getting support!! The trouble is, I have a dinner party next week and the week after which I cant not eat at as they are really special occaisions so I know I will be breaking it....argghhh - why is it so difficult!! I found it so easy first time round!!!

just a quick update! thanks for all your replies, it means a lot.

i did it!!!!! for the first time in about 15 re-tries!!!! I did day 1 yesterday, no cheats AT ALL not even a morsal and i bloody did it!!! Am now on day 2 and having my first shake....

now i know its ONLY Day 2 but to me this is a major breakthrough!

Wish me luck and I'll keep posting.

thanks again everyone.... love x x x

I'm with you all in the struggling boat!

Was fine until my hols in july and since then i've been cheating on and off! This week has been the worst! But i'm back on it tomorrow and i WILL stick to it! No lame excuses!

I think i'll start some kind of diary as of tomorrow - that may help.......

Now on DAY 5 and still managing! Don't feel too bad, just wanting the taste rathr than being hungry.

Saw my cdc last night for some more stock, on the plus side since i saw her mid july i have lost nearly a stone! better than weighing more eh! I had lost 8 pounds between tuesday morning and friday morning so over the moon. Will see if i make it through the weekend.....

Does anyone know how to change the title of this thread so i can keep a running diary?

Ta xxx x x x Helen x

i dont sorry hun, but just wanted to say a massive WELL DONE!!
i'm in the same boat and cant seem to restart, but monday i'm gonna give it one last go.
xx

Back