How to do the CD Abroad?

Jaguarxk8

I am off to New York next Wednesday and just phoned American Airlines to find out whether i will be able to take sachets and a bar on the plane and also check its ok to pack the rest of the meals in my suitcase. The last thing i would want is for security to throw out my weeks meal allowance!

Airline said its ok. Thank god!

Now Im wondering what i should pack??

I will be out and about a lot so I think the tetra briks would be better in case there are limited facilities, but i will need to chill them somewhere as they dont taste nice when warm...

On another note- how dedicated am i! ?! Never before would i have contemplated being on a diet in NYC let alone Cambridge sole source....

Although lets see if i can do it!

when i visited spain this year i maily took packs and bars because of the weight more thatn anything i stayed 100% whilst there and bought a mini blender with lid that runs on batterys so that even when i was out just bought a bottle of water added it and drank straight from the blenders beaker.

when i visited spain this year i maily took packs and bars because of the weight more thatn anything i stayed 100% whilst there and bought a mini blender with lid that runs on batterys so that even when i was out just bought a bottle of water added it and drank straight from the blenders beaker.
Where did you get your mini-blender? (I could do with one of those when I go abroad in June!)

I actually found one in my local 99p store it was called a dressing maker i think its like a little beaker with lid has measurements on the side and a little wisk inside and runs on an aa battery. maybe look online see if they do something similar they are very useful on the run i can even make shakes when in the car obviosly not whilst driving though :)

they do have the one i bought on ebay youll find it under dressing maker probably pay more than the 99p hey cost but they are good for those times when you are on the run.

god i admire your dedication. especially with all the amazing food in new york!!! mmmm steak.

I've ordered one too, looks ideal for travel.
That's what I thought too - airports are so pathetic these days that if I took my normal blender, the security goons would probably confiscate it. :rolleyes:

What about the shaker they have on display when you go for weigh in and purchase your products for the week? Is that any good? does it get all the lumps out?

I use mine alot the dressing maker that is and its still going strong just put ur water in first and pour the powder slowly allowing it to wisk as you go that way it doesnt clog up the wisk or turn out lumpy im sure you could have figured it out for yourself but just thought it may be handy to tell you beforehand.

The dressing maker has landed......

Well, my 'dressing maker' just turned up. It basically looks like a shaker with a teeny-weeny little whisk at the bottom (and you put in a couple of AA batteries underneath).

I haven't tried it yet, but it doesn't look as if it will be able to knock the hell out of my porridge, lol! :eek: Perhaps it will be OK for shakes on holiday, if I pour in the powder slowly, as advised by a previous poster??

Anyone got any good/bad experiences re dressing makers?! :)

Back