How to eat out successfully on SW

lickthelid

Lives here....
I don't eat out much at the moment. New baby prevents life and all that, however there are ways to eat out on SW without throwing a whole day away.

Firstly research, research, research. If you know where you are going look up the menu beforehand. Forewarned is forearmed and you are less likely to make synful snap decisions

If you are drinking with your meal alternate with sparking water or have something light like a spritzer or Diet Coke.

Ask for sauces and dressings "on the side" so YOU control how much. Not the chef who dollops it out. Opt for tomato based dishes rather than creamy sauces

Just "asking" generally is a good tip. Remember you are paying and they are providing a service. If they want repeat business they will hopefully accommodate requests for different cooking methods, swapping chips for salad or a jacket and so on. The worst they can say is no! Most restaurants will work with you.

Try and make your plate fit the SW principles. Although it may not be 1/3 speed try and get a some in and choose your meal with lean meats(or veggie choice) carbs and veg balanced. Steak and jacket potato with salad anyone?

Share a starter, side or dessert with someone or ask nicely if you can have a kids pudding ;) personally I let my daughter order and then when she doesn't eat it....bonus.

Try flexi synning. This is giving yourself a predetermined upper limit syn-wise and sticking to it so you regain control

Most of all have fun. Remember that eating out is often more about the company (unless you live in my house where it's about escaping) and so it's important to enjoy it and not let it upset your whole week. Food is a tried and tested method of celebration and of coming together. Just remember it's not the last time it will happen so don't eat as if it is! ;)

Last edited:
Back