How to gain FAITH back in myself, because I know I have it... Somewhere!! please

khazarji

I keep failing the CD and myself over and over and every damn day I start I'd make excuses to eat, I need to stop.

I'm ashamed to ask you guys, you must think I'm some weak idiot :copon:

Please tell me what to do to make tomorrow my last try before succeeding.
And having heeps of time doesn't help, I just have way too much free time, that I don't know what to do with myself since food usually consumes most of my time.

Many thanks

Hey! Don't beat yourself up too much! I had a 10 day binge and today is my 3rd day back on! This is prob not following rules of CD but I have got back on track doing the ss+ but bigger portions so just picking at a bit of veg and chicken thru the day. I know this is not sticking 100% but I feel it works for me. As i have eaten last week it would be harder to tell myself I could have shakes and that's it. I hope to be back on track 100% next week by gradually easing myself in this week... xxx Hope this helps

Khazarji, noone will think you weak, we are all here to support each other. Most of us have had problems with eating from time to time.
The 'lucky' ones are those who don't have to have food around them for someone else, but most of us don't and try to cope.
Don't make plans to be good for the whole diet, or even for a whole day, I had to start just meal by meal. Gradually, as you see the losses (and they will come) you will feel more motivated most of the time, and most of the time it will get a little easier. I find the expense also spurs me on to try to be 100%.
If you are going to eat something, make it green veg and a little chicken which won't do as much damage as what you probably really fancy.
And don't beat yourself up about this, we all have a poor self image, or we wouldn't be dieting this way - just read the threads. Be gentle with yourself, one step at a time. Good luck and keep posting for support, the other people here are brilliant and I am grateful for the help I have been given. :hug99:

Back