How to get back on track?

Diversity

Likes to lurk
Hey everyone. :wave_cry:
I've had a truly awful past couple of weeks, I'm not even sure where or why it's gone so wrong. I was thrilled at losing a stone but for some reason it's all gone downhill since and I've only been sticking to my dailies about 2 - 3 times a week and eating crap the rest of the time. Because of this and how low it makes me feel seeing a gain I've avoided going to weigh in for the last two weeks and I know if this continues I'll probably end up never going back. :(

I'm so frustrated with myself as I was only a stone away from goal but God knows how much I've gained; I've been too ashamed to even check at home. I want to do this so badly and be back in the positive and motivated mindset I was in before but I've no idea how to get back there, so I guess I'm just wondering how you guys deal with it when you fall off the wagon. Any tips, tricks? etc.

Sorry to ramble on, I just needed to get this off my chest. Any advice would be very much appreciated. :)

Go to your next meeting face the weight to be honest nothing is more motivating then a gain it will motivate you to get going again :-D noone will be disappointed your not the first person to fall off the waggon but it takes a brave woman to hold their hands up and say i've gone off plan a while and dont even know why but i'm back to give it another go, im no quitter!!!!!

I'll definitely be going to my next meeting on Thursday, I refuse to miss a third meeting in a row lol. It will be hard because I know I've gained and it'll be TOTM but like you said I need to face it and the longer I leave it the harder it will get. I'm gonna try my best to be 100% from today and hopefully I can limit some of the damage but even if I don't it will feel good just to be back on it again. :)

Well I've gone and blown it again today, the day I was supposed to be having a fresh start. My head is just not in the right place at all and I don't know what to do. I'm so close to just giving up completely. :cry:

hey, dont give up!! but you have to have your head in it, iv tried sooooo many times this year and i finally have it.

where you going wrong?

you know if you make a diary on here its a massive help x

hey, dont give up!! but you have to have your head in it, iv tried sooooo many times this year and i finally have it.

where you going wrong?

you know if you make a diary on here its a massive help x

Hey :) I really don't want to give up, I just feel hopeless at the moment. I agree you need your head in it to succeed but how do you do that? I don't feel motivated at all. :(
I was keeping a diary at home and tracking everything which helped massively but I haven't done that for almost a week now. Maybe I should make one on here like you said, it might help get me back into the swing of things? x

Defo. I tried and failed so many times and I got so fed up with feeling so down I just said right thats it. I joined a class and iv gone every week to get weighed and started a diary it helps me and you get to meet people who help you in your journey. Start one ill follow and get the ball rolling. You can only try x

I was going to classes up until a couple of weeks ago, haven't been for 2 weeks now because I'm a coward and I don't want to find out what I've gained. Also TOTM is due in a couple of days and I always gain because of that. :(
Thank you for your support though, I think I might start a diary on here. xx

just go face it then you know where you stand and then you can start all new!
do a diary it will be good for you!
i always lose when its totm but i sts the week before x

I know where you're coming from cause I'm doing the exact same thing! It's like the closer to goal I get the more I mess it up.......really trying hard today but its difficult to get back on track.
Def write a diary....it helps xx

I know where you're coming from cause I'm doing the exact same thing! It's like the closer to goal I get the more I mess it up.......really trying hard today but its difficult to get back on track.
Def write a diary....it helps xx

I'm sorry to hear you're going through the same thing, it sucks doesn't it? I find it a lot harder to get back on track the longer I'm off it lol, which is why I want to get back on the wagon ASAP otherwise it'll just get harder and harder. I hope things get easier for you too, you can do it. :)
Do you have a diary on here? xx

Diversity said:
I'm sorry to hear you're going through the same thing, it sucks doesn't it? I find it a lot harder to get back on track the longer I'm off it lol, which is why I want to get back on the wagon ASAP otherwise it'll just get harder and harder. I hope things get easier for you too, you can do it. :)
Do you have a diary on here? xx

I do have a diary but its on the sw board as I only started ww 2 weeks ago lol gonna see if I can get it moved to the ww part though.. if you do want to have a look its called my mostly green diary. Good luck x

Strange , i just added on another thread how at this moment I'm really buzzed about how good things are going when any other day for no apparent reason my diet and all good intentions go out the window. Sooooo frustrating, especially when you can't put your finger on why. We all have to just keep trying and one day with any luck the stars align and we actually feel good about it all and that spurs you on to the next day and hopefully the next. I have had so many days, weeks and months when i couldn't get my ar$e into gear this year and put on over a stone that made me so so miserable. Now suddenly, and i honestly just don't know why my head is on and I'm going for it. Keep at it , everyone who is struggling. We all have , do ,are or will be ...... and thats when we need to be on here giving each other that :bighug:

Strange , i just added on another thread how at this moment I'm really buzzed about how good things are going when any other day for no apparent reason my diet and all good intentions go out the window. Sooooo frustrating, especially when you can't put your finger on why. We all have to just keep trying and one day with any luck the stars align and we actually feel good about it all and that spurs you on to the next day and hopefully the next. I have had so many days, weeks and months when i couldn't get my ar$e into gear this year and put on over a stone that made me so so miserable. Now suddenly, and i honestly just don't know why my head is on and I'm going for it. Keep at it , everyone who is struggling. We all have , do ,are or will be ...... and thats when we need to be on here giving each other that :bighug:

I agree, it's so frustrating! I was like you, totally into it and feeling really good, then it all just went out the window and still is unfortunately. I really don't want to put back on the stone I've already lost but even so I'm still finding it hard to get back into the right mindset. I think right now this place is the only thing keeping me sane lol and there are so many inspiring stories and people on here, as well as the much needed support.
Good luck to you, I hope you reach your goal and thanks for the kind words. :) xx

Don't be too hard on yourself, there is always someone else out there willing to do that job! Its so silly that we let a little (or maybe some days not so little) number dictate how our day will go. Is that just me maybe, I don't know. Anyway try not to let it, accept that right now its just not happening for you but that, who knows maybe tomorrow it will.:cross: Chin up

Don't be too hard on yourself, there is always someone else out there willing to do that job! Its so silly that we let a little (or maybe some days not so little) number dictate how our day will go. Is that just me maybe, I don't know. Anyway try not to let it, accept that right now its just not happening for you but that, who knows maybe tomorrow it will.:cross: Chin up

True that! Well today I think it has finally happened for me, something has clicked and I'm feeling much more positive and in control than I have for what feels like ages. I hope it continues, I'm determined to stick with this now and am just gonna put the last couple of weeks behind me. :)
Thank you for your support, it's helped me lots. :hug99: xx

Back