How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Ooh that's pretty! When is your wedding, wish I only had 9 months to wait, come Friday will have a dress with 16 months to go! :(

Oh no, I've got wayyy more than 9 months to wait! We're getting married 23rd May 2015 - so just over 18 months. So about 9 months until wedding dress shopping! Friends and family keep half-seriously-joking that I've got time to have a baby and shift the baby weight between now and then..!

Ooh get you and your Vera Wang. It's lovely everyone wants to celebrate with you but it doesn't help the waistline! What time are you weighing tonight. I've to wait until tomorrow morning. Not expecting a huge loss, just A loss. Between a week ago Monday and Wednesday I dropped 4lbs from 7.5 to 3.5 I'd like to be back in the 14s in the next few weeks and be below 14st 12lbs for xmas. Ideally be 14st 7lbs but I'm not stressing.

After a week of 3 green days and 4 red days I no longer find red days a struggle. I'm doing a lot of red days next week too. Wednesday is extra easy though!

We have a taster tomorrow and I'm not sure what to make I might do toast topped with sweet quark, cinnamon, sliced banana and honey so I van just bring in the ingredients and whip it up while I'm there. I need to make a soup to serve 12+ and a pudding or two for a thing for work I'm not going to but have helped organise. Pretty pleased we have just 13 tickets left for maximum capacity. Woop. I did the publicity and created posters, rolling notices and tickets. I hope it goes down well. I organised one prize ages ago. I'm worried the other prize hasn't been sorted and I'm a bit scared to ask...

Sorted my club card points out and I have £89 woop. I've never used any of my points though. Now I can get them doubled up to use on a hudl. I only need £60 worth of points to get one :)

So tonight is looking up pudding recipes to make and adding them on to my food shop arriving tomorrow. Mullerlight are still 10 for £3 and 10 cal jellies are on offer too. Our Tesco has just started selled chopped up butternut squash for in the freezer but it still has it's skin on. No oil added though which is good.

4.5lbs off!! That is over 3 weeks but I'm so so happy with that.

We had a taster tonight so I made the samosas on the SW website and they are lush, if I do say so myself... And only 1 syn! I will definitely be making them again. They feel really naughty too. I wanted to make something that I would normally pick at when I'm at an evil buffet table.

Your taster dish sounds lovely. I made up the 1.5 syn jelly this week and I'm really enjoying it. I put summer fruits in the bottom and then cover with half the jelly mix and leave it to set. When the leftover jelly mix has cooled I add a Mullerlight to it and top the jellies up. I know there are a load of recipes for it on here but I've never given it a go before - big thumbs up from me. I'm not really a sweet person but it saves me reaching for an Alpen Light.

Ooh, and my Taste of Asia book turned up tonight. I'm going to make fakeaway for when John gets back on Friday. Looking forward to trying all the yummy recipes you've mentioned!

The asia book is wonderful. Hope you have fun cooking up for your hubby to be. Huge well done on your wonderful loss, over 3 weeks or overnight it is great so be proud. I've made jellies like that I like the premade ones because i can keep them in the cupboard before putting one in the fridge. The homemade ones take up too much room. Its a normal sized fridge but its full of yogurt, meat and fresh veg! The samosas sound good. Nom nom.

Thanks, Fran. I've been holding up recipes to him on Skype tonight! I think it'll either be lemon chicken or bang bang chicken on Friday. I'm both excited and nervous about the week ahead now because I want another 1.5 off but 4.5 seems too good to be true!

Tell me more about this dinner you've organised? It sounds like you've been doing some brilliant stuff !

I've made the lemon chicken. it is scrummy.

Lost 1lb today. this morning my scales jumped back up 1.5lbs to show a sts so I was glad they went back down again!

AND I just got myself a purple hudl, a turquoise case and my nieces' christmas presents of some sylvanian family figurines and it cost me £0! I found a voucher code knocking £10 off and doubled up all my points, making £178 of points but I just spent £162 of the points. Rather exciting! So I still have £18 of doubled up points left :D I got £100 gift card for signing up to sky when I moved house, which was cheaper than getting a freesat dish fitted (we don't get digital signal so it is sky, freesat or nothing) and I'm using it on nate's x-mas PJs, slippers and dressing gown and I'm getting dad a nice jumper from there out of the card. woop. I've just got a few more people left to sort out I think I've got about £10 on my boots card so maybe I can put that towards something for someone. woop.

Wow! What a bargain hunter! I haven't even started to think about other people's Christmas presents yet. My brother text me this morning saying his gf was wondering whether we were all buying each other individual presents or joint presents or what. Gah! OH's mum has been badgering us (nicely) for our lists. I don't have a blooming clue, other than a time-turner and a lottery win?!

What's for tea tonight, Fran? Inspire me! I cooked up 6 portions of lamb pilaf on Monday (which always speeds things up!) and I'm ready for a change, but with no mental energy to choose what I want.

Well I needed to think early because mum and dad went to see my brother and his gf last weekend and I'm not seeing them this x-mas so i needed theirs done. I got my other brother a marvel book and a cook book, I have a spare present either for his gf or his ex, just bought my nieces' gifts, got mum one book she asked for and there's another I want to get her. I got nate a leappad for £55 instead of £100 as his main present, and he has some books and dvds. My grandad has sent nate £25 too so I need to have think as to what to get him out of that. I'd like... um... some new pillows. haha. nothing much really to be honest. if i want it i get it or it is too expensive. talking of bargains I got a dress and a top from toddlers that said "free to a good home" and so i just put a little donation to toddlers in. :) dress was fat face and top was monsoon.

dinner was going to be fish pie BUT I forgot to take my fish out and my quark has all gone. boo. I have some mince arriving today so I am thinking pasta and meatballs maybe. taking full advantage of it being an extra easy day.

What have you got in the house?

Ooh good call. I might make up a big batch of veg-packed bolognese sauce that I can transform throughout the week. I've had my healthy extras for the day. We've got mince, chicken and duck in the freezer but I don't like defrosting things quickly so I will probably pop to the shops anyway. I've got a butternut squash that needs using, lots of basics like potatoes, chopped tomatoes, passata, mixed beans, onions, long grain/basmati/paella/risotto rice, spaghetti/fusilli/gigli pasta. I probably need to tup up my superfree. I really fancy some sort of sliced potato bake actually now I've mentioned potatoes. Hmmmm...

I'm really trying to stick with EE this time and it seems to be working. I loved having my extra HEs but I think the extra superfree on EE is what makes the difference for me. I was reading an article this week about why smoothies and fruit juice are so bad for you when fruit is so good. I knew it was something to do with digesting it rather than it being broken down for you, but it turns out the fibre from fruit and veg you chew yourself lines the digestive system to stop it absorbing all the sugar. If it's blended you don't get that, so you absorb more sugar and it usually gets turned to fat. Bit of a tangent there, sorry! But I like knowing why it works rather than it being the magical effect of SW!

tangents are always welcome here hun! I knew the "easier to consume more when blended" thing and the "fiber fills you up which you don't get when as a smoothie or juice" but i didn't know about it preventing all the sugar being absorbed. Very interesting.

How about bacon and butternut squash pasta or risotto? bacon works so well with butternut squash.

FINALLY put all the food shopping away. No wonder I earn so many points. phew! I like to stock up on cupboard (non perishables) when they are on offer. We have plenty of tinned tomatoes, diet coke, beans etc. I've also got white bread *sob* custard *sob* sultanas *sob* and extra milk to make a bread and butter pudding for work's quiz night thing seen as though I've sold an extra ticket today and we haven't got enough people to cater for so many! Hoping it'll be a success, I won't be there on the night. It's the first time they've done something like this. If it goes well we could do more. We're like £18K in debt and this will raise £400 if we sell the last 12 tickets. I just need to make sure I don't eat it. I've got some cooking apples and short crust pastry (on offer and worked out cheaper than buying the ingredients) to make an apple pie for them too. It's nice because I love making these things but no one to eat them! mum kinda does SW, Nate can't eat it all and dad won't have it if mum doesn't. This week I had so much MORE veg because of all the red days that I ran out of broccoli, cauliflower, butternut squash, swede, carrots, tomatoes, celery, leeks and mushrooms (field, button and normal) not to mention the fruit TABLE. I fancied getting melon, pineapple and kiwis as well as the oranges, apples, bananas, grapes and pears. Hilariously this week we are challenged to drink 2L of fluids (non alcoholic obviously) AND 5 portions of fruit and veg. Laughable, I eat LOADS of fruit and veg. Fridge, freezer and cupboards are all FULL. Hopefully I won't need anything much next week. And thankfully I had £13 if you spend £90 plus other little coupons. I had to get some cleaning stuff and bum coverers for mr-runs-away-from-potty.

Whew! I am just exhausted from reading your diary! Don't know how you fit it all in! So much food/cooking/activities - I am in awe with how busy you are! Well done on the loss too xx
I am doing a week of red - are there any recipes/tips you could give me?
p.s was it the cute delivery guy again, or someone else?

someone else. Not the creepy one from last week though thank god! I haven't had the cute one since that time. BUT a nice hotty has been popping in with a tape measure this week. rawr. Nice bit of eye candy. Oh I've always got so much happening, and with two different child minders plus my mum and working 4 days out of 7, trying to get my face seen at church every so often on a Sunday, heading up collections etc, doing so much with rotas, website, publicity, all the groups and the school feed in to me, as well as christenings, funerals and weddings I organise, and sending the stuff off to the registers (I fill in the marriage books etc other than the signatures too and it takes bloody forever!) then there are minutes to type up from constant meetings, getting stuff to those without computers etc etc etc. loads of random requests come through every day too. then saturdays i try to do something with nate whether it is going out to Exeter or Bridport or going swimming or whatever. I try to make sure it is an out and about activity for me and him. He LOVED going to the play centre last wednesday but I can't get there by bus, it has to be by car. I think because on a night it is just me I can just chill then and watch loads of TV and do my craftiness.

Red day suggestions, omlettes are great use one of your hea's for cheese, add mushrooms and onions. I did a chicken salad for work and just brought the dressing and a wholemeal roll (heb) and yogurt and fruit too. Topping pies with mashed root veg, e.g. carrots, swede, butternut squash, celeriac instead of potato. just make sure you check the veg is a superfree, some parsnips are only free on EE and Green, not on Red, and they aren't super free.

Thanks for the red day advise. Will check the veg on red days. So do you still try to do 1/3rd super free on a plate on red?

you make my life look quiet in comparison, manic! How do you have the energy!

we need to find the cute one again, although the hottie with the tape measure needs more detail please xx

Haha he probably requested not to come to the perves house again. Lol. The hottie is just measuring up to put a wooden gate in the bell tower instead of a child gate. Called Adam. Very cute and funny.only spoke for a couple of minutes.

You don't have to have a third superfree but it can be tricky to do red and fill up without at least a third superfree if you have the little book of soups the Italian chicken soup is free on red. Tomorrow im having a cheese and mushroom omelette (hea) for breakfast, lunch is a chicken, ham or cheese salad sandwich and dinner is beef stir fry, no noodles or anything. Friday red day is b: slimming world fry up minus beans, l: cold cuts, cheese, salad, wholemeal roll (hea and heb) dinner was going to be leftover fish pie with swede and celeriac mash but I didn't make it today so I need to think. Saturday is slimming world fry up, lunch is Italian chicken soup and dinner is stuffed aubergine with hea cheese ontop and maybe a heb of wedges. Sunday Iis slimming world eggs Benedict with roast chicken dinner using potatoes as a heb and Italian chicken soup for supper.

Those are all red days. Hope it helps a bit

You are awesome - thank you!! If it helps, I am having gammon steak with roast leeks in low low with roasted cauliflower/brocolli - lovely!! Had cod in a passata sauce with some indian spices baked in the oven yesterday - was gorgeous and will have the left overs for lunch. Is swede free on a red day?

Loving the sound of the Italian Chicken Soup, will take a look when I get home. I miss a homemade soup on red weeks. I was thinking to trying the tomato soup everyone has been raving about - tinned carrots, tinned tomatoes, herbs, stock and pickled onion - I think. Have you heard/tried it?

You need to find some excuse to talk to Adam some more and find out more about him - i.e. is he single!!! Have a good day xx

No problem. lowlow on veg sounds yummy. I might make a tomato-y chicken stew or curry tomorrow morning/tonight and just reheat when we get in. I've not tried that tomato soup, I don't like blended soups. A lady from group loves the tomato soup from the little autumn book that came with the magazine before. swede is superfree and so is fine to eat on a red day.

Lol, I'm not looking for any bloke, I just enjoy the eye-candy! the PE teacher at the school next door is cute but he might think i am a bit mental as I burst out laughing today. they were walking a class back up to the school from the playing fields and I was walking home. He was talking to the kids and said "sometimes we can't hold the hand of the person we want to, sometimes we just have to hold whoever's hand is there." They were walking crocodile. It made me laugh though, sounds like the worst romantic advice ever!

Yay to swede! Love the aunt Bessie carrot and swede mash - so easy!
Loving the image of the PE teacher giving the children relationship advice!
Just bought some tinned fish - mackerel in tomato sauce, kippers in brine, and tinned crab. Gonna experiment with these over the next week. If it turns out too awful, I'm sure the dog will eat it!

Haha they are from a primary school. Pretty sure it is about crocodile walking but I couldn't help but laugh.

Check that mash doesn't have syns in normally though because it's premade.

I've baked two apple pies and a bread and butter pudding this evening. Now I just need to make some soups and tomorrow's dinner and I can collapse. We now have sold 69 tickets. Woop. The hamper is sorted and we are raising money gradually with the easy fundraising (retailers give us money if you shop at their site through easy fundraising. Including amazon, ebay, tesco, m&s etc etc. Admittedly most of the money has come from me. Haha. And both church wardens were being really nice and pleased with my work :) good to know before I screw up Christmas! Eep.

You'll have to say how the tinned fish thing goes.

B: cheese (hea) and mushroom omlette and half an apple - thsnks Nate
L: chicken salad wholemeal roll (hea) 3 babybel light (hea2) yogurt
D: beef stirfry. Yogurt, jelly (0.5) a banana and pear.

Ive also used 1.5 syns on milk. I might have an options hot chocolate later and a second heb on a chocolate orange hifi bar. Mm.

Good red day. Not drunk all my 2L just yet but I will and definately had my 5 a day of fruit and veg.

Back