How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Oh that must be so hard, my friend's boy is autistic and at uni I lived with a boy with aspergers. Mum and I think my dad and his sister may be undiagnosed aspergic. Has he got a good school?

Hopefully your hubby will get used to it. I think when they see they can still have steak and chips and curry and roast dinners they seem to be ok. I don't have to care thankfully! I get to cook what I please so long as I can stop Nate eating the ingredients! He was begging for the smoked salmon this afternoon. Strange child.

Is your illness lifelong or will you get better or remissions? It sounds grim, although I do like oramorph. Mmm. I'd be such a drug addict if I wasn't a) too mean b) unable to inject myself or smoke and c) a bit scared of scuzzy places. I'll just stick to cake!

Houmous, tin of chickpeas, a couple of fat garlic cloves, salt, pepper and lemon juice all wizzed up together. Parsley is good in it too.

Happy anniversary for Friday. I can't imagine someone putting up with me for 22 years! Haha

Thanks Fran I shall give it another go with Celina (she's my main carer 26 hours) she's about 13 years younger than I but we get on great. And she's good at her job. 22 years is a long time but for the first 6 years we didn't live together, I was fiercely independent bought my own house as soon as I was 18 and we never saw each other daily as we kept time for stuff we would do were we not together. As soon as we decided to live together apart from work we were never apart and we are closer now than ever. Don't get me wrong we had a 6 month hiccup a good many years ago and I wanted a divorce but we both realised we really couldn't live without each other and since then we've never looked back.

My son Thomas goes to a special inclusion unit so has one to one lessons but for things like art he goes with a teaching assistant into the mainstream classes so he gets the best of both worlds.

My condition was mis diagnosed by the treating private Dr the other insurance company instructed, it took 2 years to find out what it was by a chance appointed with a duty Dr who insisted they were wrong but they wouldn't listen and made me feel like I couldn't refuse their treatment program, which in turn caused my condition to spread from hands/wrists and left arm/shoulder/neck to now full body.

If caught early enough it can be made to go into remission in some cases but mine is completely out of hand and likely to get worse at times and currently there's no cure. In some ways it's similar to me, but the nerves are permanently damaged and the nerve map in the brain is also damaged. Focus now is to try and avoid flares as the pain flares are so bad I have been known to beg hubby to punch me so I pass out. He refuses obviously. I'm currently on the waiting list for their next trial which puts you into a coma and they give you blood transfusions with haemoglobin enriched bloods to try reset the auto immune responses. Currently my right leg and left arm are wasting and the bones are looking density due to the body responses being muddled by the wrong messages from the nerves. It's a really complex condition that is often misdiagnosed for many years before they realise what it is.

Lucky for me the go spotted it and now the new treat me not the insurance people. Xxx

I dont make houmous often because i always just want crisps with it. Haha.

I'm glad he has a good school, I know through my friend what a difference it can make. I love your independence too. Re divorces, no marriage lasts as long as yours has without that cropping up. My parents have been married for about 35 years and it has come up more than once!

I hope the trial goes well. Have the Drs okayed the weightloss for you? I know with nerves you need a certain level of fats. My brothers are epileptic and a bit of fat is good for them.

I'm much better hun thank. But it is awful stormy here! I'll be off to work and Nate to Dianne's then toddlers. He is so funny. I asked him what he wanted for his packed lunch. He said an egg sandwich, a cheese, a satsuma, a yogurt, a pear, and a marshmallow afterwards. Weird 2 year old... he got the sandwich, cheese, yogurt, raisins and an apple instead. He gets really messy with pears and the satsumas left aren't easy to peel.

I weighed this morning and was 15st 5.4lbs! Woo. Hope it stays that way for weigh in tomorrow.

Had rice pudding berries and banana for breakfast. Yum. Had half a syn for milk in my tea, there is half a syn and hea in lunch and I'll have a cup of tea at toddlers so another half a syn. 1.5 total for today counted so far.

Oh and I found a copy of maracattack for £9.99 so that and some maracas are my 1 stone award prize. Now I just need to get there. When I do I will be back in the 14s again too. Woop woop. Exciting times.

Lunch was per plan plus an apple. Popped to see if the park was open (it's still locked) and came home, danced a bit, did the washing up and cleaned the hob and hung out some washing. Dinner is fish, tomato sauce, sauteed new potatoes and green veg, I'll let Nate choose... We might end up having cabbage and sprouts. Lol. Having a quick sit down and chill out now.

Hungry again... Hmm, thinking of using my heb for a sandwich with a filling of flaked salmon, chopped up capers mixed with natural yogurt, on lettuce and cucumber. Nom Nom. Still just on 1.5 syns for today. Hope the scales are good at group tomorrow, I know I spent 3 days not doing much though. Looking forward to getting my 1 stone so I can get my body magic at home on! I liked running before but I can't do it with Nate and I can't go out when he's in bed. I might be able to do it when he's in school, when I WILL be at target already.

Chatted to mum earlier and she's hoping to get her half stone award tomorrow. I really hope she does, it'll be such a boost to her. If I sts tomorrow but she gets her award I'll be happy.

Good luck to both of you for tomorrow. Fingers crossed you both get awards tomorrow. I lost 2 tonight and finally got into the 80s for loss x

Wow! Well done love! I'm going to have to catch up to you now! After last week's 1lb gain I'd need 8lbs to get my 1 stone award. Lol. I'm doing the magazine plan from tomorrow, or at least as much as I can bear to! Nate picked steak for tomorrow's tea. He he. Food is arriving between 2 and 3 tomorrow. So we shall challenge the 4 to 7lb loss for the week!

Sandwich was lush and I had a pack of velvet crunch. 5.5 syns for the day. 57.5, 4.5, 2, 2, 5, 1(I think), 5.5. 77.5 for the week, average of 11 a day. I'll try to not scoff loads tomorrow, but I've not really fancied anything much rather than making myself not have them.

Hi Fran.

Well done anju100 on your loss!!! Did you do anything different this week that you think helped?

Fran 're drs and fat level they don't think I will be able to loose fast as the 3 different nerve drugs I take gabapentin,amitriptyline, and duloxatine are all known to each elevate blood sugar levels and increase weight levels regardless of lifestyle. So long as I am prepared to be in the top bmi range of healthy or lower range of overweight they will be happy so 24-27bmi. They want me to focus on keeping calcium levels high which is easy on this plan as the condition strips bone density as anyway. My right leg and left arm both are visually different due to it.

How are you feeling about tomorrow weigh in? My carer has had her wobble plus she has boyfriend issues today so I know she will take a gain badly. I am officially no longer constipated so fingers crossed it goes ok. I mat weigh at home first so I know the difference as I haven't done so yet.

How do you find having rice pudding often does it affect your weeks loss? I keep worrying over eating too many carbs? I know once I get a few months in I may get an idea what works for me. Today is the first day I've craved white toast and salted butter I didn't have it I was good.

Hubby has installed a new tv and sky in the bedroom this week for me so we can head to bed earlier as climbing the stairs is agony and takes hours and 3 cycles of oramorph before I can get to sleep. So I've been in bed since lunch as I have had a bad day with my legs. It's been nice snuggling up tonight to watch tv although the sky coverage of the floods is a huge shock and sad to see so many badly affected.

I hope where you are is no where near it all. Good luck for weigh in. I'm looking forward to crossing another off in my book and hope to God it's a good one. I can't wait to get back into all my clothes. Xxx

Thanks texty love, the same to you, I hope Kathryn's weekend doesn't make the scales too grumpy with you. That said you both looked great in those dresses, I can't see where you would lose any more weight from (except your knockers!)

Hi loubyjane. How awful that must be getting up the stairs. Are you looking to move to a bungalow in the future? How nice it must be to have your hubby do the sky etc for you... mind I bet he is enjoying the tv in bed too!

Knowing what is right for you both in eating and weightloss and target weight is so important i think. I know if I just eat fruit and yogurt in the morning it is likely i will fall off the wagon later and stuff myself silly with junk. Other people are quite content with a yogurt and a banana. The rice pudding is a nice way for me to save my heb for lunch while I'm at work... although it seems the youth group may be buying a microwave I might borrow sometimes. Muahaha! I just boil pudding rice in water with sweetener. When cooked and all the water is gone I mix in a yogurt and fruit :) I rarely measure anything sorry! I'm positive there will be recipes with measurements all over the place! My way is different to my consultant's, but she wasn't brought up cooking so that's why she has too much water left over and has to drain it. Lord knows why she rinses it in boiling water and she doesn't add sweetener to the water and thinks I'm nutty because i do. So the rice pudding my way helps me, it keeps me on an even keel. I don't worry about carbs to be honest. Part Irish, part Italian, part Ukrainian. If I worried about carbs I'd be screwed! I'm amazed I don't drink! Everyone is different though. I don't lose fast but when I'm not being a tit and dealing with rubbish i am pretty consistent. So each week I'd plod on and each week a bit would come off. Other people get big losses every other week and that was normal for them. Some people want to be very slim, others are happier a bit bigger. Because I've always been heavier than I appear I'm happier a little heavier. And because i will have excess skin I want to balance that out with my weight. I do love sw for allowing us to decide what weight we are happy at.

My mum has an underactive thyroid so she can't lose fast, and she's a bit naughty at times, so that's why I'm her biggest cheerleader. She lost about 3 or 4 stones but then got stuck and it took over a year for them to work out her thyroid wasn't working properly. You just take it at YOUR pace. Being consistent is more important than big losses.

The floods are more inland i think although last week the beach huts all got buggered by the sea. The pebbles were just smashed into them and the ice cream parlour couldn't open because the pebbles were blocking it shut and there was no access because of them. There are rumours that the cobb wall is cracked round the back and the sea took one of the cannons. The houses are ok though it seems. Any more of this weather and there will be more landslips though. If the cobb is damaged that'll be a bugger. Next week is half term too and we won't get hardly any tourists now with this weather, which will hit us. It's just a sea side town-Lyme Regis. So it is all tourism really. . I'm safe I'm in a village that is a mile or two from the sea, in a new house that they had to prove would not flood. The park is still shut because of flooding though. Last year the sign for the village hall's overflow carpark was underwater. I'm just hoping that means we will get a nice hot summer like last year too!!!

I'm looking forward to the muffin top to be gone in my 16 jeans - probably at my 1 stone mark. I have a skirt I got at my lightest that sooo doesn't fit now that I'm looking forward to wearing again. Last summer was my first with bare legs too so I want to feel able to do that again :) have you been slim as an adult? I've always been big so slimming down is all new for me. I imagine it's very different to have been slim and gotten bigger rather than always big.

I hope you and your carer both do great tomorrow. I checked this evening and my evening weigh is what my morning weigh was last week so I have definitely lost I just don't know how much. 2lbs or more and I will be thrilled. I need 8lbs in 3 weeks to hit my goal set at group so any extra will be a big boost. I'd like to be around 14 and a half stone for Nate's birthday and him starting preschool. March 24th and 26th respectively. Try not to get in the habit of weighing. It can be annoying. I went 6 months without doing it and I just can't keep on track without doing it. I used to only ever weigh at group. Oh. So funny last week I was expecting a gain. I gained and the weighing lady rang her hurrah weightloss bell (we are not supposed to have it but shh) anyway i start laughing and point out I gained a lb. She thought I'd lost a lb. Hahaha..

Morning hun.... Those pics did make our knockers look mahoosive didn't they lol. I tried the full bunny outfit on properly yesterday... Now that made them look even bigger!!:eek: Sent a pic to kev and he said I'll be home in 10 mins... I thought Ooo err mrs! ;)
Then he said put the kettle on, my mate is popping in for a quick brew!! :D

How are you feeling today??

Good luck for weigh in :)

thats what I weighed in at last night! Lets hope you get the same and we can keep each other company pound for piound in the same timescales. I am aiming for a 13 something by Easter. I know its ambitious, but I want to try. I am dithering with a week for Fast Forward soon. Maybe next week...

15st 5lbs! 2.5lb loss. Woop. Got drenched and battered by the wind and rain. Boo. Nate got given marshmallows at the cafe. He he, she loves spoiling him. She asked first though. He did come in eating a chocolate lollypop - my apology for him being cold and wet. Mum sts and I tried to encourage her and hopefully she'll get her half stone award next week. Less than a stone to my new club 10. 2lbs to 6 stone and 2.5 to half way to my new club 10. Need to drop 5.5 lb in 2 weeks to hit my February target.

Back