How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Morning Fran - so glad you got your money back!! Mmmmm I could just eat a curry.

Arghhhh bloody cliquey mothers grrrrr and bad mannered kids - it bugs me !!

Aye. I have never played the clique game and I never will. Probably why everyone knows me. Haha. It's when the one was happily chatting away until someone else came along and then they kept moving away from me. The other one was having a nice afternoon with her daughter at the park... oh wait... no the au pair had her daughter while she was at the park with her. Baffles me. The au pair thought I was funny riding on the round about. Hehe.

Instead of rice I mixed some lentils in to make it like stew. Mmm.

Got yogurt and carrot sticks and fruit to come with me to work should hunger strike.

The au pair thought I was funny riding on the round about. Hehe.

Why?!! It's lovely getting the chance to relive your childhood! I'm desperately looking forward to grandchildren so that I have an excuse to go on the swings again, lol. I bet I fit on them better now than I did when DD was young!

I loathe cliquey people too. And as for those who want to boast about their child all the time - you know, the 'Oh isn't she walking yet? Mine's 3 months younger and has just run his first sub-4 minute mile' brigade - well, I haven't got words to describe how sorry I feel for them and their child.

Haha patty it was nice laughing. Not so much laughing at, more chuckling at my being nutty. Confidence and politeness are the two things I was thrilled about hearing from Nate's preschool.

Thanks for the welcome, I feel in a much better place.

Didn't munch any of my snacks. Made my burger into a bacon burger. Nom. Heb on the roll, lots of salad and sw chips. Had a yogurt for pud and used half a syn on tomato sauce.

Not used any of my hea yet and just the half syn.

Poor munchkin has a bit of a gash next to his eye when the childminder's son's hulahoop snapped and flew across and got Nate. The poor lad was crying more than Nate bless him!

Not hungry so not had anything else. Had a big chat with mum and she thinks the ideas the vicar from Wales had were really good :) one of them was to do an artist showcase thing. Kinda great for here, my friend is an artist, mum's friend's daughter is - I might invest in one of hers as I think they will become quite collectable. I've another friend who's father in law is rather famous too - think micropigs. There's a big artist scene here. Also got one of the things ticked off from my interesting call yesterday. :D I've so got a nutty job

Lovely big sleep last night after watching some of the storm - it was just lightening but I did get woken up when the rain started battering the house.

Made a sw English this morning 1.5 syns for sausages and brown sauce. Nate had part of my breakfast as his second breakfast! Monkey.
Lunch was going to be kedgeree but I don't fancy it. I might whip up some soup. And either paella or fish cakes for tea.

Urgh after months of hearing nothing from Nate's dad he replies to my request for his mum's contact details by saying he wished I wouldn't email to that address (that he asked me to use instead of his other one) because it's where his junk mail goes and I should use another platform to contact him. He was changing his number every few weeks i gave up trying to keep track. I think that was his way of asking for fb again. Which, after his last stream of abuse, I had blocked him from.... once again no answer to what I ask and him blaming me for his short comings. Annoying twerp.

Got to see if the shop has butter for Nate and I to do some baking. He enjoys baking together and it'll go to the big wheeze. Debating whether to do banana tray bake with creamcheese frosting, butterfly cakes or marble cake or even marble butterfly cakes. Whatever we do we need butter.

Ahh nice big sw English. Nom nom. 1.5 syns of deliciousness. I did have a quick weigh this morning 3 lbs down! Come on lovely lbs you wiggle off nicely. I did read an article about how in some people stress not just makes them want to eat more but it also causes them to burn calories more slowly. So the idea that if you're stressing the weight won't shift is true.

Chilling this morning then up to the big wheeze party thing. Don't want to get there too early. Debating between fish pie and fish cakes. Fish fishy still! Not sure what to go for. Thinking fish cakes. I've run out of peas :( tonight got to plan the next week's meals. So nothing huge going on tonight. Nate's dad was actually emailing back like a human being. Although he thinks I was exaggerating how awesome munchkin is. Poor bloke hasn't a clue!

Had a banana mid morning. Half an apple and a pear in the afternoon. Dinner's been fishcakes 1 syn and veg. Used the last 3 pieces of frozen broccoli and nearly took a big chop out of a caterpillar. Ew. Had carrots too... no wildlife there!

2.5syns total today. Been using my hea on milk and got a heb to nom later :)

Spoke to the vicar and she loved the ideas which is great :) I'll just be planning this week's meals tonight. Any suggestions?

Used my heb to make a ham salad sandwich. I've had a yogurt and cherries too! And 9 syns on chocolate.

Planned my meals, done food shop, paid my rent and I bought Nate a new water bottle and checked on the status of his bike... tsk taking ages! And got myself a couple of albums :) mmm

To be honest my meal plan has a few holes in it! Haha. I'll have to revise it. Thinking porridge in ze morning, lunch will be leftover fishcakes and salad, dinner will probably be trout and I've just realised I didn't specify I wanted it gutted! I don't mind doing it but I prefer it done already. Bit of a fishy day but that's fine by me.

Tmi time

Aunt flo dropped by today I swear my periods have gone strange since having that boyo... especially this past year or so. But it appears there isn't anything up with me, and to be honest if it's the right colour and doesn't smell I don't really care too much, I would just kinda like them normal again.

Last week of school. Boo hoo. Tomorrow school for boyo, meeting for me, then lunch, shopping delivery and if we have time and it's not tooo hot, crabbing. Tuesday I'm dog sitting so dad'll take Nate to childminders and bring the dog to me at work, then after work I take the dog to mine and meet Nate at toddlers, then a quick trip to the park, home to the dog and making tea. Wednesday Nate has a pirate day at school and mummy prays his outfit she made still fits! Busy busy.

Food!
B: porridge heb with berries and banana
L: fishcakes, salad and free vinegarette, yogurt, apple
S: grapes
D: rainbow trout, new potatoes, peas, broccoli and green beans.

Music will arrive tomorrow and got the dog with me. Can't believe how hot it has been. No way were we going out Iin this heat, not good for a 3 year old! He was a bit emotional today. He was super tired and napped foe nearly 3 hours!

Poor Nate. It is really hot and for a three year old, it can just get a bit too much for them. I wish I could sleep for 3 hours during the day! I've done a spin class today and just got back from an hours long walk with the dog. Am shattered now, but really want a good loss tomorrow night.

Phew! I'm sure you will get a great loss hun :)

It's saying it'll be even hotter here tomorrow. Poor wee monkey. I'll be busting out the paddling pool after toddlers I think. Normally we'd go to the park but I think home to a paddling pool will be better, he has the swing set etc. Still no bike. Boo.

I didn't say I lost 3lbs this week. 8.5lbs in 2 weeks is nuts! Hoping for 2 more this week.

Just had a soreen cake 5 syns and chocolate for 9 syns.

Think I might have a sausage sandwich for breakfast, a lemony prawn orzo salad for lunch. Then not sure for tea choices are:
1. Pork adobo
2. Smoked haddock and pea risotto
3. Chicken kiev and chips and veg
4. Leek, pea and ham pasta
5. Chicken yakitori and rice
6. Mac n cheese.

I'm leaning towards chicken kiev or chicken yakitori. Had a lot of fish recently and pasta at lunch time...

Last edited:
Well done on the loss - WOW! That is awesome! Over half a stone in 2 weeks! Bet you can really feel that change in inches on your body.

My scales are showing a STS, but who knows what will happen by tonight's WI. We all went away for the weekend and had fish and chips, ice cream and went over on syns in general. So what will be, will be this week.

yakatori sounds a good option for lunch. Your food sounds so exciting. I need to start planning meals again and cooking but have a serious touch of CBA in this heat!

Ooh I'll have my fingers crossed for you. Cheeky weekends are always risky, but sounds like you've been balancing it out.

Had sausage sandwich with onions and mushrooms and brown sauce 2 syns and heb

L: prawn orzo salad - ready to go and looks so lush! 1 syn. And I'll bob some strawberries into my new Tupperware :)

Think I agree yakitori for tea :) I think that it's 1 or 1.5 syns I'll know when cooking!

I'm afraid planning is the main thing that works for me. If I don't plan I seem to eat everything in the house.

Given the heat today we're not going to the park! We'll come home and get the paddling pool out.

love sausage sandwich, but with a slice of cheese too - yum!
Never tried orzo, looks similar to rice though. is it the same taste?
too hot to do anything today, I just want to go home to bed!

Aww did you get anything done. I got two wedding enquiries today and lots of jobs done with the dog keeping me company. Dropped him off home then went to see Nate at toddlers. Soon after i was told that before i got there the thugs referred to previously were both on top of Nate one kicking him and the other Nate said was biting his hair. I think he meant pulling. Another mum got the boys off Nate. The mum of the thugs spent the whole time twatting about on her phone. So angry yet again. Last day of preschool tomorrow. Going to tell this so called mother that if this continues to happen I will climb on top of her and kick her and I'm a lot bigger than her kids so do some fecking parenting you useless dolt. Or words to that effect. Stupid twat. Ive made sure Nate still feels safe and secure and that those boys are not nice and we don't play with them because they're not nice. It's not nice to exclude kids but I'm tired of it now.

Had a 3 syn ice lolly at the park. So 2 at breakfast, 1 at lunch, 3 at the park, 1 at dinner. 7 total. Probably dine on some fruit later if I get hungry.

Going to have a wee party at the park next Tuesday for a little group of us. Going to ponder as to what to bring.

Back