How to make soups thick & creamy??

kazimojo69

Please tell me how you make your soups??? Mine was just powdery and not nice!

Can I make them in a pan? But not boil?

I wont be able to eat them if they are all like the one I had last night:cry:

Hi there

I just add sachet to water and whiz with the blender, usually quite creamy. I haven't tried it by I know some people add Physillium husks which can make the soup thicker, someone will be along who has tried it I'm sure! Persevere as they can be an aquired taste! Which one have you tried?

Gx

Psyllium husk powder will do the trick, keeps you regular too !

I don't put soups in a blender, can't bear it if it goes frothy. I mix into a paste with a little cold water before filling a large mug with hot water just off the boil, then I stir and stir and stir some more.....

Worth the wait though, I love the chilli one:D Have to say though all the soups are an aqquired taste, it's taken me ages to get to like them and I've always just used the soup packs to make crisps before.

I add the soup powder to 250ml cold water, whizz in the blender then microwave for 1 and a half minutes.
I'm gonna try adding some of psylium husks to it 2night because I love the readybrek CD recipe which has them included.

Dawn xx

i just add boiling water to the soup and whisk it with a hand blender. I havent found them to explode or be lumpy. Mind you i only like 1 soup

I used the hand blender method too, until my cdc said to make a paste first and then add hot water a bit at a time while stiring like a mad woman.....I HATE THE SOUPS, POWDER SHAKES & BARS NOW, Thank Goodness for TETRA PACKS, I'd have failed on cd if it wasn't for them.
THANK YOU MR CD FOR CREATING THESE TETRAS :innocent0001:
I WOULDN'T MIND A COUPLE MORE FLAVOURS THOUGH....DID YOU SEE ICEMOOSE'S THREAD ON FLAVOURS?? the baileys one had to be the best idea yet:D

Either way hun, I hope you get some favourites soon, I ended up pouring mine down the sink....I hated them.

xx sj xx

I had my first soup today - chicken and mushroom. I'm at work, so dont have a blender, so just had a cup of just off the boil water, added the sachet and stirred with a fork for about 5 mins (good exercise!)

And it was gorgeous - not powdery at all. It was like a thick cup-a-soup (although not quite a whole cup!)

Sharon
xx

I found the tomatoe ones very powdery! but i did 2 weeks with just banana, choc, choc mint and orange bars... its been hard lol

In answer to anyone got favourites -
I love:
Sweet - Choc Mint, Toffee n Walnut, Butterscotch, Cappucino
Savoury - Spicy Tomato closely followed by Oriental Chilli
Bars - Orange, Peanut Crunch, Toffee, Choc
I drink the Summer Berry and Savoury Vegetable drink flavourings too

Dawn xx

I love the Veg one, it's not powdery at all. I put my hot water into a jug then add the powder then mix with a hand whisk. Doesn't go frothy or lumpy :)

I dont like the blender either, makes them have a horrid frothy foam on top !, i use 2 mixing jugs.. empty the powder in 1, and the other one i measure just over a half a pint, then with a balloon whisk, i mix it..

this is my 17th week.. never had powder, or lumps in mine.. and my absolute fave is chicken and mush..

x

Back