How to mix the shakes & soups?

lauryn

Hi Guys :)

I know this sounds like a really stupid question, and I guess it is :p but what do you all use to mix/make your shakes & soups?

I have a shaker beaker thingy that was my fella's that he got free with protein shakes, would that be suitable or would it not mix them very well? I'd like a nice, even consistency if possible!

Or would it be better to invest in a hand blender, or something else? I start TS on Monday, so want to make sure I'm fully prepared!!

TIA, Lauryn x

I use a shaker for the shakes at work during the week as it is easier, shake it long and hard and it gets out any lumps. Weekend and evenings I use a hand blender especially for the soups, you can't do them in a shaker as the hot water makes them explode!!! HTH :)

I use a shaker for the shakes at work during the week as it is easier, shake it long and hard and it gets out any lumps. Weekend and evenings I use a hand blender especially for the soups, you can't do them in a shaker as the hot water makes them explode!!! HTH :)

Oooh thanks for the tip off regarding the exploding hot soups, didn't even think of that :eek: I'll definitely invest in a hand blender then! I'm sure I saw one in asda for £5, bargain! Thanks hun :) x

I use a glass bowl and a hand whisk :)

Yikes you must have arms of steel :D I can't hand whisk anything!! x

I use a coffee frother a hand blender makes it too frothy for my liking

I use a shaker for mine (its got a light metal ball in with slits). I find its really easy to use and less messy!!. Makes it really frothy too. Obviously for hot shakes you would have to use a small wisk etc! x

I use a measuring jug and a balloon whisk, makes them nice and smooth and frothy :D

I have no idea what a balloon whisk is, I've just had to google pic it :D

Is it just the same as a normal hand whisk? x

I use an electric hand blender it's ace for both the soups and shakes, it was only £5 from tesco. It makes them frothy but I like them that way, also very smooth with no lumps.

BF

WOW - What a remarkable difference in you Bren - wow wow wow you look fabulous - well done

BF

I'm with Starlight. The Coffee Frother/ Aerolatte is the way to go. Handy & portable. Loads on-line. Or inStore Sainsburys have the bodum one.

I have a large glass 3/4 fill with water then powder. Doing it other way makes it lumpy.

Shakers made it too lumpy, hand blender too Frother but Goldilocks is now a v happy girl. Think its just trial & error.

good luck

Yeah the shakers look pretty much the same as long as it mixes the powder up.

BF

Boots sell a shaker in their Tony Ferguson range for about 2.50. I have one and it's great for shakes. And with Its special loud you can use on go and drink straight from the shaker. The slim fast ones are double the price!!

Back