How to motivate your friend...and terrify yourself

Ally89

Gold Member
So. I found out yesterday there is a charity zip slide happening in october to raise money for the Stroke Association (my Dad had a stoke in 2009, was given 20% chance of surviving but defied all the odds and came out without disabilities) which i've wanted to raise money for for years, told my friend about it and he was like "i'm a stone to heavy for the line less i'd do it with you" (he's a thrill ride/rollercoaster freak!)

...so as the convo went on and i admitted hating these thrill ride type things...and heights...and the idea of me generally sliding over the manchester ship canal with nothing but a cable holding me.... THEN stupidly me being me told him "well if you lose that stone plus a bit I'll do it, but i ain't doing it unless your up there with me"...and he agreed. TOTALLY BACKFIRED ON ME. So we've signed up today. I finally got his ass motivated into losing weight after he's been moaning about his weight for months...but after all that it''s gonna land me on a zip wire. Oh dear. I am TERRIFIED already!

Just thought you'd all like to know how i managed to motive my friend into losing weight haha

Last edited:
Back