How to speed up metabolism naturally

wirralmum

I am on medication which can't be changed or altered. The problem is that a side-effect of the medication is that it slows down the metabolic rate. I was therefore wondering whether anyone has any tips for how to speed up my metabolism?

I can only use natural remedies, as Pro-Plus or similar are contraindicated with my meds. I have heard Green Tea, so have purchased some. I have also heard chillies, but would I have to eat loads for them to have any effect? Boots do a supplement (Capsicum) - has anyone used this?

Any hints or tips would be great. Thanks.

I am on medication which can't be changed or altered. The problem is that a side-effect of the medication is that it slows down the metabolic rate. I was therefore wondering whether anyone has any tips for how to speed up my metabolism?

I can only use natural remedies, as Pro-Plus or similar are contraindicated with my meds. I have heard Green Tea, so have purchased some. I have also heard chillies, but would I have to eat loads for them to have any effect? Boots do a supplement (Capsicum) - has anyone used this?

Any hints or tips would be great. Thanks.

Hey wirralmum..my partner is from the wirral btw ;)

I think the best way is adding some muscle personally. It requires extra calories to keep muscle so raises metabolism..

I honestly believe the big reason people put weight back on when they eat normally again is that they have lost muscle during weight loss.

As for dietery, well caffeine, but its not great for you- also ive read a few articles claiming a high protein diet can raise metabolism as well.

Not heard of any supplements though sorry.

Hi trw1972, thanks for your response!

I'm from Liverpool originally but moved to the Wirral when I had children - we love it here :)

I think the best way is adding some muscle personally. It requires extra calories to keep muscle so raises metabolism..

I honestly believe the big reason people put weight back on when they eat normally again is that they have lost muscle during weight loss.

That's a really good point and one I hadn't thought of before. I was planning on starting some weight training anyway (would love toned arms!) so that's an added reason for me to start. Thanks!

Hehe its nice to see someone who knows where new brighton is!

And a lot of people forget the importance of muscle in metabolism ;)

My partner is constantly up and down with her weight, she does TONNES of zumba and eats hardly anything for 4 or 5 months, loses a couple of stone then as soon as she eats normally her weight goes back up..

Ive tried so so hard to convince her to do resistance work but she never does and its quite fustrating... the problem is that when you lose weight via a calorie deficit some of the weight lost will almost always be muscle (and hence metabolism) unless you work the muscles hard and make your body believe it needs that muscle to survive.

As for weight training DONT worry about going musclebound btw, it just will not happen ;)

Only other comment is, i know you want toned arms, but 'whole body' exercises such as pushups, squats, deadlifts etc are worth more than thousands of bicep curls etc ;)

I' m from liverpool and have rels in wallasey,spent a lovely afternoon in New Brighton on monday,the change is brill!!:-D

Sent from my E15i using MiniMins

acc said:
I' m from liverpool and have rels in wallasey,spent a lovely afternoon in New Brighton on monday,the change is brill!!:-D

Sorry to hijack thread

Back