How to tackle constubation while on lipotrim?

Jiroos

The title is it.

How to tackle constipation on lipotrim without breaking the ketosis?

Thanks

I found the slim & save water flavoring so contain chicory root which is a natural fibre. I didn't realise this for the first 2 days I was drinking them and probably had about 6 teaspoons of them a day plus my fibre powder. Let's just say things got moving quite quickly so maybe try either some chicory root or the flavourings themselves and see if it helps you too.

Hi Jiros I keep things moving by having 2dsp milled flaxseed a day. I take it in the morning in water and then drink an extra 250ml water because it does absorb some. Its a bit like liquid Weetabix but does work! And its natural. I get my flaxseed from the health shop, about £6 for a large bag of it. Good luck!

Kuromi Jenkins and Janeg thanks will try each and hope to get lighter...

Thanks

I drink a herbal tea called "Lax plus" - it's available in health shops. It is herbal so it's not as harsh as laxative tablets like Dulcolax, and is made from leaves (Senna leaves, the plant Senacot is made from), so it won't break ketosis.

works well for me!

I drink a herbal tea called "Lax plus" - it's available in health shops. It is herbal so it's not as harsh as laxative tablets like Dulcolax, and is made from leaves (Senna leaves, the plant Senacot is made from), so it won't break ketosis.

works well for me!

Kirbygirl, does that mean, I can use Senna without breaking Ketoses..

I mean, I think it should be fine because it's made from leaves and leaf tea is OK. Also, this is my 5th week on Lipotrim and I haven't broken ketosis as far as I can tell!

If I haven't used the facilities (ahem!) in like 3 or 4 days and it's making me headachey, I'll take one cup in the morning, usually gets things moving by that evening, or the next morning! If nothing by the middle of the next day I'll have a second cup. It's very gentle.
I tried Dulcolax once a few years ago too, I thought my stomach was going to explode from pressure!

Also, I find that the effects of it will last for a while, I usually only need maybe a cup a week, two if things are bad!!

Thanks Kirbygirl.

@kUROMI, in the end i went to the chemist and he gave me some fibre powder to put in the shakes when i am drinking and that is slowly doing the Job. never been so happy to go to the public WC lol.

Yeah the fibre powder didn't do it for me either, I was a bit wary of using it too in case it was full of nasty chemicals but I s'pose better that than 'blockages' gazooks,i had terrible moments early on, a definite traffic jam IFKWIM

Back