how to use up all your hex and syns for one lovely cheesy lasagna

judywoody

Just came up with this idea..a bit crazy and wouldn't do it every day as I would never sacrifice all my syns and hex just for a lasagna.but if you start craving something cheesy and fairly unhealthy you can still stay within your allowance. I'm sure there are other recipes this can be applied to - this is just an example! The following recipe I just made up myself and is perfect for green days:

You need

210 grams extra lean mince (15 syns)
6 babybel light grated (2 x hex a)
114 reduced fat mozarella (2 x hex b)
Passata,Italian herbs & salt'n pepper for red sauce
Lasagna sheets
Cottage cheese, 2 eggs, Nutmeg,Oxo cube for white sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

I guess the preparation is a no-brainer..only the white sauce I haven't tried yet...the idea was: blitz the cottage cheese with a blender, warm it in a sauce pan and add the eggs and mix..heat it up gently but don't boil.add the nutmeg, oxocube and salt'n pepper..not sure if it is any good. Maybe u shouldn't heat it up at all...just mix it with the blended cottage cheese...

Voila! That's one cheesy lasagna for you...and you can have it all by yourself!! But keep in mind you can only have free food for the rest of the day:)

It's fine to use both your HEa for cheese in way but as you so perhaps not every day. But why not just use meatfree mince instead and save yourself the 15 syns? Or go extra easy and syn some of the cheese instead as that would be a lot lower in syns.

It's like saying: why not have an apple instead of chocolate??

You get me?

It's more a fun-recipe and I would just do it for a special occasion:) yes you can do it extra easy but don't think I could manage the 1/3 superfree food in this recipe...and who wants a salad with an unhealthy lasagna anyway?
;-)

Each to their own but I just don't think many people will be willing to use all their syns and HEs on a single dish when you can substitute and still have an equally delicious meal. And it's relly easy to get superfree foods into a lasagne, onion, tomatoes, carrots, peppers, passata and you're sorted.

Each to their own but I just don't think many people will be willing to use all their syns and HEs on a single dish when you can substitute and still have an equally delicious meal. And it's relly easy to get superfree foods into a lasagne, onion, tomatoes, carrots, peppers, passata and you're sorted.

But some might, and I think it sounds a great recipe. We're all different - personally Im quite happy to spend my HEX and syns on stuff like cheese, pasta, meat, olive oil etc and very frequently do as I have very little interest in sweets and snacks but LOVE a really delicious properly cooked meal with 'real' ingredients instead of SW substitutes - but I appreciate other people might not want to do this.

Let's be serious "use meatfree mince instead and save yourself the 15 syns"? - while it might be perfectly OK it's still not a delicious meal, not comparable to a REAL mince lasagne, for me anyway.

Nobody's saying do it like this all the time but as the OP said it's an option for the odd occasion. Like the burger I posted yesterday - almost all my HEX's once the sweet potatoes are included - I dont do it every day but it's a great option every now and again.

When on a green or red day - I struggle to use my HEXs up. So a great idea!

Maybe we could use this thread for suggestions for using up HEXs whether it's incorporated in a main meal, pudding or other idea??

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back