How will I know Im in ketosis?

NikkiH

Likes to eat
Hi all,

Just wondering, without using the sticks, how will I know when Im in ketosis? (am currently on day 5)

Thanks a million x

Trust me, you will know. It feels like a hamster has moved into your mouth! x

Thanks a million! I was worrying I had missed it - LOL!. Does this awful lethargic and cranky feeling go too?? please tell me it does!

Ketosis for me was just at the end of the carb withdrawal.

I also noticed a slight metallic taste in my mouth.

Some people hit it after 3 or 4 days, it was day 5 for me. Don't stress it.

Thanks electricsheep. Im completely miserable if Im honest, Im hoping that this isnt "it" until I finish LT - that ketosis might make me feel a little bit better.

once you hit ketosis it all gets better! You still have off days but it is so much easier.x

Thank you so much Caroline!!! dont think you would believe how much I needed to hear that!

Alspo you will feel cold......when i was on LT I would be sat with gloves on wrapped up in a blanket......that is also another sign of ketosis

Thank you sonkie. I thought I would be "there" by now, if Im honest. Im definately not - I dont have any of these symptoms. It wasnt like I was eating loads either - I was on ww for a couple of months up to starting so wasnt exactly on carb overload. Am probably sounding dramatic, but am really dispairing - feeling really awful.

day 5 almost over and still no ketosis.. I have stuck to this 100% and am drinking 4 litres of water, without fail, every day.

Anyone have any idea when I can expect it?

It will come.......when you are there its great.......my house was like a shiny pin......had so much energy I cleaned all the cupboards out ....was brilliant, even started walking.......lol

Hiya hun, so glad your on day 5 already. Your doing brill and dont worry, when i do these types of diet it usually takes me about 6 solid days to get into ketosis. The others are right too, once your there you will know. The taste and smell of your breath will be a dead give away for a start. Toothpaste will be your best friend!

Hi all

I am not sure about Ketosis. I am on week 3 so must be in it!!!

I have a very dry mouth in the mornings - almost as if I have a few drinks the night before. i drink 4 litres of water each day so its not dehydration so must be ketosis. My tongue is a green colour all the time - I am forever cleaning it. I assume I have the bad breath as ye all talk about it but how am I supposed to know. I ask my hubby and he must be too kind to tell me as he always says no!!! I must have bad breath though so am obsessed with teeth and tongue cleaning and those listerine strips. The furry feeling in my mouth I cant say I have.

So after all that I assume I am in ketosis.

I agree - this diet definitely gets easier after the first week. I hope there are no surprises around the corner for me!!!

Back