How's the cold affecting you?

Tara.a

Lost a huge amount at my week 1 weigh in on Monday (7kg or 15lb4oz) and I'm wondering if this had something to do how cold it's been?

Am constantly cold, especially at night (am leaving my electric blanket on low). Also suffering from insomnia. Is that usual too?

Would be grateful to hear your experiences!

there is no need for how cold i have been!!! i have tried everythin! hot drinks, hot baths! even the sunbed!! im sitting here now in my clothes, a scalf, a housecoat, a blanket and the heating on!! its driving me insain but i read somewhere its your bodys natural thermostat lowering to try and preserve anergy! x

Fantastic result you must be over the moon!! I am definitely feeling the cold more, work colleagues think its hilarious that I am cold because it's usually me turning down the heat whilst they sit with there over coats on ! I don't suffer too much with insomnia but do have the odd bad night.

I was an insomniac for the first two weeks and then it evened out a bit. Cold does get better especially in the mornings with the help of a car heater or that if you are driving! otherwise stay in bed until you are warm! or invest in gloves and a scarf!

yes me to ,before LT i was always moaning about the Heat now i have the house like a sauna OH is running about in shorts think hes trying to be funny.

I'm so unbelievably cold too. My hands are like blocks of ice. I had to get myself a pair of fingerless gloves for work. I'm getting some very strange looks from my boss lol. At home I've been using one of those snuggies to keep me warm. They're brilliant :)

Insomnia is a common complaint on lipotrim, as is feeling cold (I've experienced both). Not sure if it's true, but a friend told me that if you are cold that (if you don't wrap up) the exercise your metabolism has to do to keep you warm helps with your weight loss.

My heater's on full blast.

My hands aren't as cold as last time.but I am doing more exercise but I can't sleep!!! Every night I wake up around 3 for about an hour and a half and then I'm dead when I need to get up at 7 :(

First week I couldnt sleep at all but now I sleep like a baby lol..as 4 the cold I've always got my slippers,and dressing gown on :)

As usual did get back to sleep until my daughter dropped.the tv in her room 15 mins ago!! My day off too! She claimed her kitten somehow knocked it off her drawers ... Really? A kitten???

slimmabum said:
As usual did get back to sleep until my daughter dropped.the tv in her room 15 mins ago!! My day off too! She claimed her kitten somehow knocked it off her drawers ... Really? A kitten???

Lol slimmabum made me giggle (the kitten) enjoy your day off :)

hi im constantly cold , heating on in house full blast. feel very jittery and full of energy for a while and if i wake during the night i do find it hard to go back to sleep

Me too tigger - am cold and hungry with it, but I suppose its natural for the body to want fuel when its cold??? Also keep waking up around 3! Grrrr

Me three, I'm constantly freezing!! I sleep in my pj's & dressing gown, debating if we should get an electric blanket.
Just think of how more impressed you will be with yourself knowing you did this through winter!! Peppermint tea on my list of shopping today, chocomint on menu tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

In debenhams treating myself to new cozy PJ's and dressing gown in size 18 yeah!!! They will keep the cold out! :)

Wow!!!
What an amazing result for 1 week, you must be so happy with that.
I didn't manage to lose that much in the whole of January (mind you, I had real trouble getting over day 1 without caving!!!)
x x x

My husband says he can't remember the last time he saw me without my coat on!!
I'm sat here at the computer with it on now and my hands are freezing!!!

Ha!!

My husband just walked through the dining room and asked if it was really necessary for me to have my coat on!!:mad:

So I stuck my cold hands up his back! Now we are both agreed that it is;)

I wear a fleecy jogging suit around the house with thermal underwear underneath. I sit with a blanket over my legs when relaxing in the evening and under the blanket I put an oat warmer on my feet. 30 mins before going to bed I put on my electric underblanket (a single one on my side of the bed only) and then sleep with it on setting number 1 each night. This really works for me.

Three waterbottles, fleece pjs and handwarmers and I'm still cold. My hands are like a dead persons. I hug a cup of peppermint tea at all times.

Back