hubby just stole my scan bran

geordie_lass21

Silver Member
Got back in about 5 from seeing a friend and hubby said he had 4 of my scan and now is stuffed. he kindly left me one left.

he said they were lovely and tasted a bit like having a biscuit. (i was quite surprised at this opinion as to me they are nothing like a biscuit).

anyway he asked me to get him some - i got mine from holland and barrett at £1.35 and wondered if anyone knows how much they are in class. (i thought it was a tab pricey for something that didnt really taste that nice!)

Is he crazy? :D

I don't like the things much either but think they're a similar price at group though it's been a long time since I bought any.

I stick with the Aldi sesame ones, 69p for loads.:)

It will sound strange but the only way I can eat them is like weetabix. Break a couple up in milk with sweetner and it's like eating all bran. They are filling but it's about the only thing going for them in my opinion!

cheers everyone - i will get some from class on wednesday. i bought them to make the ferrerro rocher and they werent that nice (not too bad but not that great).

I did suggest that Ryvitta might be nicer but he said he liked the scan bran as they were crunchy. He couldnt even manage a full dinner this evening as 4 of them left him stuffed. (we had stir fried veg with beef and noodles and he didnt give himself any noodles because wasnt hungry enough).

Aliben - I completely agree with you. I am NOT a fussy eater but even with the nicest cottage cheese on, this tasted like eating dry cardboard !!!!

Gail x

I don't mind scan bran, in fact I sometimes do a whole week of scan bran lunches. Drown them in enough yummier stuff and they become passable.

I only use carpet tiles (sorry scan bran) in the scanbran cakes !

Wish my OH would pinch mine from the cupboard, LOL! I've only bought them once and used them in ScanBran cake and think it was horrible, as did OH. Certainly won't be buying them again.

Denise

Haha scan bran is about the only thing my hubby will not touch of my sw stuff lol.
I once tricked him into have some scan bran cake but he knew something wasnt right lol!

i can only eat it as pizza, in a cake or broken up into a yogurt lol xxx

I had to stock on some between Christmas and New Year, from a health food shop. The lady serving clearly wasn't worried about promoting sales of scan bran, as she described them as looking 'like a rough old door mat'!

Quite a good description really...!

Thanks for the replies. They really made me chuckle... :D
Remember I said he kindly left me one - he took that too. Apparently had it as a snack before bed last night.

I am a scan bran lover! I think once you get used to them they're nice. I like them with cottage cheese and marmite or cottage cheese and a Quorn ham slice. Oh my mouth is watering (am I weird?) xxxx

Make sure he drinks plenty of water tonight, otherwise he might get 'bunged up' eating 4 on their own like that!!

He drinks a lot of water and doesnt have a problem in that department.... several times a day (i get so jealous lol)

I am a scan bran lover! I think once you get used to them they're nice. I like them with cottage cheese and marmite or cottage cheese and a Quorn ham slice. Oh my mouth is watering (am I weird?) xxxx

No, I don't think you're weird!

I do really like them too, although never got on with having with with savoury things. My ultimate favourite is scan bran with one teaspoon of Nutella!:D

skipalong said:
No, I don't think you're weird!

I do really like them too, although never got on with having with with savoury things. My ultimate favourite is scan bran with one teaspoon of Nutella!:D

Ooh mmm-mmm that sounds ace ace! Not sure if I could be trusted with a jar of nutella in the house though... In my pre-sw days I used to buy a jar then polish it off that same day!!

Back