Huff :(

Sam R

AHHHH!! I was doing soo well, lost 6lbs yesterday and have been great all day and just ate LOTS when I got in.... what is wrong with me!!!! :cry:....... How can I be strong like all you other people??

Failure is not an option
remember why you are doing this!!! and remember the benefits of once you reach goal

Last edited:
I wouldn't forget today as that may mean you continue to eat throughout the evening.

Forget the food you have eaten but address how you felt when you ate - what are the emotions you were experiencing. Write things down, talk them through, keep thought records and if you need to, go look in the mirror and give yourself a damned good talking to!

Start again right now!

You have to remind yourself why you want this, what the health benefits are and why you started LL. Remember that feeling when you saw the scales 6lb lower (well done by the way)

This diet ONLY works if you do it properly.

You will get yourself a good kick in the butt on this website if you need it and sometimes it can really help!

You can do this!

Kat xx

Hey Kat,

Thanks, thats what I need a good kick in the butt!! There was no excuse, I wasnt even hungry earlier when I ate, I just "fancied" some food, which is stupid!!

I have written and made a logged what I am feeling now, which is not nice and hopefully it will make me think twice if I get an urge again, as I feel very disappointed.

BUT I do want to do this, I just need to get back in the swing of it....

You have done very well, 7 stone thats amazin :)

Habitual eating is difficult but something many people here can relate to. It is that boredom eating, eating just because...., eating because we should i.e. breakfast, lunch, dinner etc... The first thing you need to do is learning to break that habit and you may never fully do that but you will learn when it is happening and how you can manage it and that is ok.

That disappointed feeling is unpleasant, particularly when it is yourself you are disappointed at. You will get passed what you are feeling right now but it is important that you feel it and good too, as it helps you recognise some of your issues and your relationship with food.

You are right back in the swing of it now. Line drawn, back abstinent and on those foodpacks.

Next time you fancy food, have a bath, paint your nails, try some different styles with make up - anything to occupy you.

Just remember, food will always be there! It isn't that you can't have it, you are just choosing not to right now.

Kat xx

Thanks for your reply, its something I need to read!! - How did u do on ur journey? Did you ever slip up? How long did it take u to loose. I am also struggling gettin the support I need from home, they are very much against the diet, and do really annoyin things like make an extra dinner for me and tell me its on the side, it makes me sooo mad!! I know at the end of the day its me that has to do it, but I wud jus like them to be behind me

Oh Sam, you silly billy!

Perhaps you felt (on some level) that you deserved a reward for losing the 6lbs last week? I only mention it as that often happens to me when I have a good loss, I leave my meeting feeling like I can "treat" myself to something (f**d-wise) for having a good week. I have to strongly remind myself that f**d is NOT a treat, or reward, or anything of the sort. In fact it's what got me in this position in the first place.

Have a good look at why you felt the need to eat. For people like us who develop food as a "crutch" for something else that is wrong or missing in our lives (be that stress, loneliness, boredom....) it is hard to step away from that as it's stepping out of our comfort zone and forces us to deal with our feelings and emotions in another way, which is scary, but we *must* find alternative coping methods if we are going to succeed not just in this program, but in having a slimmer and healthier life.

The good news is that as this was your first week, the majority of that 6lbs loss will be water/glycogen and other excess fluids and not actual bodyfat (which people usually start losing after 5/6 days once the glycogen and excess fluids are gone and ketosis really kicks in), so if you stick to the packs from this point on again whatever weight you have gone up by from eating (which will just be a re-supply of your glycogen levels and water retention) will be gone again within a couple of days providing you don't eat again and it is possible that you could still see a somewhat decent loss at your next WI.

The downside is, you might well feel hunger again for a day or two depending on what you ate and how far out of ketosis it took you.

Good luck for tomorrow, you can do it! :)

hi there
i don't think your head is in the right place at the moment for this diet.
if you really can't not eat then maybe you should try the lighter life lite or a more conventional diet like slimming world?

At the end of the day there is absolutely no point in doing LL if you can't commit 100%.

1. Its expensive - and if you are eating food too, even more so

2. It relies on you being in ketosis to work - you won't get the big steady losses if you muck about going in and out of ketosis - and it will be so hard on yourself as you will get hungry.

3. You will mess up your head - you will be constantly feeling like you have failed and could end up binging to make up for the days you have stuck to it

I really believe your head needs to be in the right place to do this diet - did you spend much time reading up about it before you started? If not then spend some time trawling the web for info - good and bad so you can really focus on why you are doing it.

I really hope you can get your head round it, as it has been so fantasic for me. But I do believe that its not the answer for everyone and if you really are struggling then maybe there is a better plan out there for you.

out of interest who do you live with - just wondered who you are talking about when you say 'they' make an extra dinner for you

daisy x

You're welcome Sam. You need to use this website, do lots of reading and research.

I started my journey on 4th June this year and reached my goal on Nov 3rd this year. I remained 100% abstinence throughout. I spent some time researching this diet to make sure it was right for me, would work for me and the key factor in that was me.

We are all individuals and come to LL for similar but different reasons. We have different coping methods, drive, will power etc... Try not to judge yourself or your successes or lapses on anyone else.

As for people at home being against you, that is tough but if it is important to you can make it a struggle. Speaking more to the point, you are proving them right about their mis-informed opinions of this diet if in only a week you are eating already ;)

Read the posts Daisy & Pete have posted and ask yourself why you are doing LL and what you want from it, really.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Kat xx

Thanks for your reply, its something I need to read!! - How did u do on ur journey? Did you ever slip up? How long did it take u to loose. I am also struggling gettin the support I need from home, they are very much against the diet, and do really annoyin things like make an extra dinner for me and tell me its on the side, it makes me sooo mad!! I know at the end of the day its me that has to do it, but I wud jus like them to be behind me

I know what the diet entails and what I have to do, 6 months tomorrow until I have to be a bridemaid for my best friends wedding, your right I NEED to get focused, I do know what the diet is all about and I can do it and I will. Feeling much more positive now and and going to give it another go tomorrow, for good :) .............

Well done. Don't forget to get your butt back here if it needs another kick. You won't get judged here.

Kat xx ;)

I know what the diet entails and what I have to do, 6 months tomorrow until I have to be a bridemaid for my best friends wedding, your right I NEED to get focused, I do know what the diet is all about and I can do it and I will. Feeling much more positive now and and going to give it another go tomorrow, for good :) .............

Hi Sam

Are you doing this to look good in a dress for your friends wedding? Or are you doing this because you want to change your life, and your habits, and your relationship with food, for good? Two different reasons, and one will bring you a better result! ;)

Daisy's advise is spot on. The diet will not work effectively if you do not get yourself into ketosis, and embed yourself in the psychological aspect ofyour food habits thorugh counseling.

You have to want this for YOU, not for your friends wedding.

GOod luck to you - you will always get support here. I hope you can get into the groove, and let ketosis work for you. Once you are in ketosis, you are not hungry. If you find you are, its psychological - and those are the times to put in the hard work and figure out why you are hungry....etc.

100% adherence is easy when you get your head in the right place.

Good luck. :)

i got married in july 2008

i would have loved to have been a size 8 - but i didn't want to diet just to get in the dress. I did lose a couple of stone by excercise and calorie counting but it all went straight back on after the day. (i still like my wedding pics even tho i was 3 stone heavier than i am now pics in my album)

i had seen lighter life before the wedding, but realised even tho its guaranteed quick weight loss, it also had to be a long term solution for me - which it wouldn't have been. i wouldn't have done it for the right reasons for me, and it would have just gone straight back on.

i could have been the size 8 bride but i realised if i had done LL then it would have been for the wrong reasons - and i hadn't got the time to dedicate myself to the diet whilst wedding planning.

hope that made sense - just wanted to agree with BLs concerns. For me it has to be for a 'bigger' reason than to get into a dress, or to go on a certain holiday - its for life.

daisy x

I'm with Daisy and BL I'm afraid.

You are under pressure now, what is it going to be like over Christmas!!??!! Are THEY slim and are happy for you to be 'the fat one' or are THEY big too and don't want to see what they should be doing in you? THEY are not good support and Christmas is going to be far worse. You're going to mess up constantly, get depressed and end up hating this diet. That would be a shame because this diet works stupendously but you have to do it right, 100%.

Come January, everyone jumps on the slimming bandwagon. Then is a good time to start with the goal of you being slimmer and more healthy for the summer. When the wedding is and what size you'll be then is neither here nor there, your goal is YOU and no one else.

We're all here for support but we're not there slapping your wrist out of the fridge and telling THEM off.

Your choice.

I do want this for life, for sure, feeling positive today, the kick up the butt is what I needed, if I dont do it now it will just get put off and off and it will never happen and I will have another year hating what I look like next year which I do not want, I want to be happy with myself :) !! - As for Christmas, there are always going to be events throughout the year, I will make it through Christmas

Well arm youself with a bottle of washing up liquid and every time they put you a meal on the side, squirt the liquid all over it. And keep doing it until they stop wasting food and perhaps give you some support.

Oh and don't forget to smile while you're doing it. They are not going to break your spirit!

Do this for you and nobody else, it's your health you have to look after
good luck

foxtrot said:
Well arm youself with a bottle of washing up liquid and every time they put you a meal on the side, squirt the liquid all over it. And keep doing it until they stop wasting food and perhaps give you some support.

Very good advice, the evening before the day I started back on LL last week I got together everything left f**d-wise in my flat, opened it all up put it in one big binliner and emptied an entire bottle of Fairy Liquid into it!

Not only does it remove any potential nibbling but it's also a great mental activity to really commit yourself to not eating. It's also kinda fun! LOL

HAHAHA, that it Brilliant adcise, what a good idea, I may look silly but I am actually going to get some washin up liquid !!! hahahaha THANKS GUYS :)

good on you.
and you are right about christmas - there will always be some excuse to eat - birthday, easter etc etc. At the end of the day its just one day. if your head is in the right place it won't matter what is put in front of you.
i can honestly say while abstinent there is no way i would have eaten, christmas or not. i had lots of 'celebrations' that i refused food at, and each one made me stronger and more determined to succeed

daisy x

Back