Huge gain in first week

KBQueen

Yummy Mummy in the making
Hi, I started Weight Watchers on Saturday and followed the Pro Points. In 3 days I have gained 6lbs which I'm guessing is because I have switched from the Cambridge Diet to this :( Realistically, how long will it take me to get that back off?

Hi jewel

Did u track? And it might be the changeover when is yr wi day? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I tracked everything online and havent went over my 26 points per day but I imagine my body will be holding onto every shred of food right now due to the starvation mode of Cambridge x

I expect u will gain if ur going from shakes and bars to actual food, if I remember right Ur meant to come off Cambridge slowly ie 2 meals shakes 1 meal food! Have u done this?
I wouldn't count that gain anyway as it's not ur weigh in day that's the only one that counts!
If u gain at weigh in then it could b cause of the switch or maybe it's ur time of the month?!
If u gain at weigh in day u may even loose it by the next week, if u follow the plan like u have been!

I wouldn't worry about it...it is probably due to you eating real food rather than replacements. Just stick with it :)
I find it is best not to weigh myself during the week...it is what shows on your WI day that matters! Weight can vary by so much over the day/week so don't let it get you down....good luck for your WI on Saturday!

Thanks everyone. I am not going to worry about Saturdays weigh in as I know my body will be holding onto real food right now but I should start to see results by the next one hopefully xx

Hi jewel, the same has happened to me, I get weighed tomorrow, so will let u know how I get on x

Your body will have replaced your glycogen stores also, which is normal after finishing a vlcd. Best of luck with ww!

Thanks everyone. Its starting to come back off again now :)

Good Luck with WW, I have come off CD before and gone straight to WW and the gain comes and goes within a few days.
xx

Well got weighed this morning and put 2lb on after finishing cd and going ww, hopefully next week will be more successful xxx

Thats not a bad gain considering Gizbok, I gained 6lbs! Hopefully by weigh in on Saturday it will be a 4lb gain then next week a loss. You will probably have that off by your next weigh in :)

You store approx 7lbs of glycogen in your liver. Cambridge diet meant you use this glycogen up, then you are taking in so few cals that the store cannot build up again, plus its made from carbs so no carbs means no glycogen store.

When you eat again, this store builds up again, meaning you gain up to 7lbs. This would have happened whenever you stopped Cambridge, whether you had went on to ww or not. Don't worry, its all downwards from here on :)

WW is amazing, def stick with it xx

Hey hunny, keep you chin up as you do gain weight after doing meal replacements.

I tired it once and didn't like it so that's why I started ww in 2008 and gained 6lbs in the first week.

Dee x

Thank you everyone. I am tracking online and sticking to it well so I am not too worried about gaining in the first couple of weeks as I understand the glycogen thing now :) Will stick with it and should start seeing results in the next couple of weeks x

Back