Huge gain in first week

I hope so jewel, the whole point of going was more inspiration to carry on with getting weighed in front of people and normally there's a loss in first week!! :(

Keep going Gizbok, you will have a loss next week :D

Hi. I've come off cd onto sw and my weight is moving up too. I did a period, albeit a smaller one than they recommend, of moving up but so far this week I'm up about 4lbs :( I know I've stuck to plan 100% so hoping it will level itself out but it's difficult to see isn't it. Glad I seen this thread to see others going through it though, makes me feel less on my own xxx

How are things for you both now? X

Last edited:
I gained a total of 6lbs from the switch but have since lost 2lbs again so a 4lb gain so far but I imagine that will come off over the next couple of weeks xx

It's hard not to feel deflated isnt it. Think im gonna put the scales in hubby's car so I can only weigh once a week too. I'm enjoying the freedom of food again are you? Well done on your 2lb loss x

Hi rkmriddle,

I remember you from cd site, my 1st week and put 2lbs on, hopefully nxt week it will be better!

May end up back on cd if not to finish off xxx thought losing last 24lb would be best done through ww tho

Omg, why couldn't I have got weighed today - couldn't resist and jumped on scales at home and now back to start weight, so my 2lbs are off!!! Woohoo!!!!!

Ah thats fab!! I dont feel deflated because the loveliness of being able to eat far outweighs the big losses on CD for me. I have accepted that I will lose slowly now but at least I will be eating xx

how come u only did 3 wks of cd? i couldnt imagine goint through that starving feeling stage for only 3 wks, did u not enjoy it? i was gonna try it once but the thought of the first couple days scared me, plus it was like £80 a wk, couldnt affort that!

Gizbok said:
Omg, why couldn't I have got weighed today - couldn't resist and jumped on scales at home and now back to start weight, so my 2lbs are off!!! Woohoo!!!!!

Excellent well done!! I'm sure it will balance out in the bd trying not to work myself up too much about it lol. Cd stopped working for me :( I lost 5lbs in 6 100% weeks over Xmas hence started working up. I'm enjoying being able to eat again though, just struggling addressing some of my greedy issues x

Jewel77 said:
Ah thats fab!! I dont feel deflated because the loveliness of being able to eat far outweighs the big losses on CD for me. I have accepted that I will lose slowly now but at least I will be eating xx

I feel the same. I'm enjoying being able to eat and not have to worry about it x

I only did CD for 3 weeks because I couldnt cope with it anymore. I have Fibromyalgia and having so few calories was really affecting my pains so had to stop doing it xx

Weighed today and gained 3lbs since I switched. Not too bad, should be downhill from here xx

Hi jewel, im following ww now did lighter life last year, lost 54kg since april 10 id say ive put on 5kg so trying to lose that and then follow some structure to maintain. Im finding plan really good and think its helping me have a more balanced view

Hi, I started Weight Watchers on Saturday and followed the Pro Points. In 3 days I have gained 6lbs which I'm guessing is because I have switched from the Cambridge Diet to this :( Realistically, how long will it take me to get that back off?

Hi Dahl. In August I did cambridge for 3 weeks and lost 1 1/2 stones...within 3 weeks off it i had put it all back on!!! I started ww in nov and in the first two weeks i had lost almosts 10 lbs! Although i have a lot to loose, you will drop quite a bit after your initial sjhock on the body from cambridge....cambridge only works if you stay on it for months and then reintroduce slowly....so that's why you've done 6 lbs back on in 1st week...don't worry, just stick with it. It WILL work!!! x

Back