HUGE thanks

I will succeed!!!
Hi all -

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to you all for your kind words since Thursday on the thread I posted about our town being flooded. What everyone said was really kind and for that I am very thankful.

Luckily the water is receding now and roads are re-opening, but a lot remain closed due to fear of how badly the bridges have been affected.

It's going to take time for things to get back to normal, but hopefully the community will stay close knit and work together. The sheer level of this already has been amazing.

I went to see my BFF for her birthday on Saturday morning, after a lot of consideration. I was planning to stay home and help, but my OH said I'd been looking forward to it for too long and that it wasn't just any old thing - it was her birthday and it might be the last in the UK for a while as she may be moving abroad. Also, we were putting my sister and her family up as she had no power etc, so it freed our bed for them (OH slept on sofa bless him).

Anyway, I am going to drop some clothing and food off at a base point tonight and see if we can help this week now the water is pulling back.

The local community is dented but not broken - it will get back to the place I fell in love with and now call my home.

My thoughts remain with those directly affected and the other areas in the UK where floods caused so much pain and damage, and to the families of those who have lost their loved ones.

We have the internet back at home so hope to try catch up the best I can on here.

Love to you all. Your replies all mean a lot and it's nice to know people were thinking of me and the local area. And thanks especially to Hellie for the link to the EA website. You do an amazing job and thanks from me and the area for coming to help.

Christina xx

It's been so shocking to see on the news Christina, our area was badly flooded two years ago and I've seen the devastation it can cause.
Thinking of you and hope your town gets back on it's feet soon.

PS - thanks for the link too Hellie, where I live I'm about 500 meters outside of the bad flooding zone, I never knew that.

*hugs* still thinking of you hon.

im glad your okay. try to relax and enjoy your bff's birthday, but still.. relax and know your doing all you can to help your community. your such a strong person hon.

xxxxxxxxxx

Well done to you all up there for the camaraderie you have all shown. You are all still in our thoughts and prayers. You have been a trooper as usual putting others first, you are a very special lady with a huge heart. Love to you. xxxxx

Back