Hummingbird's Green Day Bonanza

You'll soon get that back off :)

Hope so Ally! I can but try!

Today's food:

B/F- 2 slices of wm bread (heb), lf spread ( 1 syn), cherry toms, marmite, dairylea triangle (part hea). 1/2 apple, pineapple.

Lunch- Baked potato with cheese (hea) and peppers
veg chilli. 1/2 ginger snap (1syn)

Dinner- pasta n sauce (0.5 syn), veg chilli.

mint aero bubble bar ( 5 syns)

hea- 3 (milk, cheese)
heb- 1 (wm bread)
syns- 7.5

Today's food:

B/F- 2 slices wm bread (heb),melted lf cheese (hea) , brown sauce (1 syn). Tea

Lunch- rice, quorn, green beans, banana

Dinner- potatoes, baked beans, 3 lmc sausages (1.5), yogurt (3 syns)

Snacks- sf jelly(0.5 syns)

hea- milk, lf cheese
heb- wm bread
syns- 6

Made a sw quiche today so i'll grab a slice on the way out in the morning, heading for a days shopping and meeting up with old work pals to show off baby! Meeting dh for lunch as well so will try to be good. I have a heb and my extra hex to use up this evening as well so can have a wee snack watching tv.

Wow, great to see you doing so well, I have been cruising desperately looking for inspiration after I raided the biscuit tin tonight on day one after a day of meticulously counting and weighing hex's! You have a lot of similiarities to my own life, I have also been vegetarian for most of my life, although have recently succumbed to fish, mainly because of my weight issues and the fact that I think it would be good for my children to eat. I also have children a similar age, a two and a half year old little boy, and twins aged 1 and a half, your children sound similar ages, and I know how tough it is just feeding them without thinking of your own menu's! I have lost quite a bit of weight on a VLCD but havent got the will to abstain from food right now and would like to lose some more weight by eating healthily. I have done slimming world before but has never really worked, but think that is probably me rather than the diet, perhaps I forgot to count my red wine and choc......

Anyway, lovely to see you getting on with it, maybe I should start a diary, might help,

very best wishes

melody

Hi Melody, thanks for popping by, how have you found your 1st week? I have been awful at updating this week, just keeping a mental note each day but I wouldn't say I was 100% by any stretch of the imagination!

It sounds like our kids are fairly similar- ds1 is 2 and a half and ds2 is 7 months now :eek: where does the time go?! You have your hands full, esp with twins! 2 of my brothers have sets of twins, born in the same year and I remember how manic it was with them (they're 15 now). But I agree it's hard enough trying to feed them, let alone yourself. If you haven't already, I would recommend keeping a food diary, it definitely helps keep me in check when I see exactly what I've been eating right in front of me. It also means when I'm stuck for what to make for lunch/dinner I can refer back and get a few ideas.

The VLCD is good to kick start things and you seem to have done really well; I don't think I could cope though! I love my food too much, that's probably why I find SW suits me. I do find I'm thinking about food most of the day though :p

Back to keeping my diary updated! Wasn't 100% last week, more like 75% so pleased that it still meant a loss. Annoyed that I couldn't quite shift that extra half a pound but it's better than putting more on!

Yesterday-

BF- toast with butter and a little jam (heb and 5 syns?), tea.

Lunch- jacket potato, cheese (part hea) and baked beans.

Mid-afternoon- coffee, alpen light bar (1/2 heb), ff yogurt, babybel light (part hea).

Dinner- irish stew (potatoes, carrots, onions, stock), half a slice bread (1/2heb), bowl of blueberries, raspberries, ff yogurt. 2 galaxy minstrals ( 1 syn?)

Fibre plus bar (heb), tea. Spoonfull of dh's tiramisu (couldn't resist it!) 10 syns per pot so 4 syns to be on the safe side!

hea- 2 (milk and cheese)
heb- 3 (bread, alpen light, fibre plus bar)

syns- 10 syns

Nothing very exciting planned for today, running low on supplies and quite frankly broke until I get paid next week. On SMP though so still be broke next week anyway lol, just a little less.

Today's menu plan-

B/F 2 slices wm bread, lf spread, marmite, dairylea triangle, cherry toms (heb, part hea and 1 syn)

Didn't bother with the lunch I'd planned, grazed on some fruit (orange, banana, blueberries) and a babybel light. Too tired after being up so much with the boys last night to eat!

Dinner- pasta bake (chopped tom's, passata, onion, celery, carrots, broccoli, courgette, peppers, butter beans, garlic, olives, herbs, stock) all thrown together with pasta and topped with light mozzarella (half hea per portion) 0.5 syns for olives.

Don't seem to have eaten much today for some reason but had a big portion of that pasta for dinner, and some left for lunch tomorrow.

hea- 2 (milk and cheese)
heb- 1 wm bread

syns- 1.5 so far (saintly!) but that will go up !

Last edited:
Today's food/plan as below. Glad to have a few days at 100% under my belt, feeling a bit more in control this week, let's see if I can keep it up! Just seen a nice recipe for sw flapjacks so I'll have to get the ingredients in and get baking, I love flapjacks! Mmmm could really go for one with my cuppa but will have to settle for (another) alpen light bar.

B/F- Porridge (heb- only 28g so have to remember and have ryvitta to make up full hex), milk (hea), raspberries, sweetner.

Snack- banana, ff yogurt

Lunch- pasta and green beans (totted up with my syns/hex fom y'day so no need to syn it today as well)

Snack- alpen light bar (3 syns)

Dinner- 2 mf burgers (2 syns), wm pitta (heb), sw chips, salad, tomato sauce (1 syn).Maybe some cheese from hex??

2 hex to play around with this evening and a few syns for when I get to veg out in front of the tv!

So far:

hea-1 (milk)
heb-2 (porridge, pitta)
syns- 6

I really have to get on top of keeping this updated but was far too tired last night and the boys kept me too busy yesterday! Yesterday's food went something like this:

Bf- 2 slices bread (heb), lf spread(1 syn), 1 dairylea triangle (part hea), marmite, cherry toms (I seem to have this alot, maybe I should switch it up but I like it too much!)

Lunch- Beans on toast (heb), bit of butter (3 syns??), nectarine, dairylea triangle

Ff yogurt, bit of free veggie raviloi, banana

Starbucks skinny latte (hea) sf vanilla syrup (free), chocolate coin (6 syns)

Dinner- vege chilli, jacket potato, bit of cous cous, light babybel. Aero biscuit bar (5 syns)

A's- 3 (milk x 2, cheese)
B's- 2 (bread x2)
Syns- 15

So, today I had a cheeky little mid week weigh-in and it looks like I've shifted all the weight I gained which is good! I'm hoping that'll give me a boost to keep 100% over the weekend before my weekly weigh-in on Monday. No extra loss showing but I'd be happy enough with half a pound tbh. Can't lose 2lb every week!

Planning on doing a bit of baking this weekend as well, got lots of eggs from the chickens to use up and some cupcakes I've been promising to make for ages. Did a bit of 'baking' with Ds1 today as the weather's just so lovely here :rolleyes: we're stuck indoors. Decorated some rich tea biscuits lol, he doesn't have the patience for proper baking (he's 2). He cries when I put the buns etc in the oven; doesn't like the waiting part, he wants to tuck in straight away! I think he gets that from his mum. Synning one of the single versions (sandwiched the others together with jam) at 4 syns? 1.5 for the biscuit and that leaves 2.5 for a bit of choc it's dipped in and some sprinkles?? Does that sound right or too low?

Thinking of 'icing' my cupcakes with choccy philly, have a tub in the fridge that needs used up. Could be tasty and easier to syn than poper cupcake frosting. Not sure what the syns are for cupcakes/faiycakes will have a wee search, can't be bothered to count it all out I'll just be lazy and use the generic syn value (unless it's too high lol and I'll have to get the calculator out!).

Well today's food is as follows:

B/F- 2 slices wm bread (heb), 1 dairylea triangle (part hea), marmite, cherry toms, handful of raspberries and blueberries.

Snack- ff yogurt

Lunch- Jacket potato, baked beans, light babybel (part hea), banana, alpen light (part heb).

Dinner- cottage pie (can't believe I'm eating this in June but it's definitely comfort food weather!), rich tea biscuit topped with a bit of melted choc (4syns). Made another 3 cottage pies at the same time to freeze.

Snacks: planning on having a bag of low syn crisps (squares or baked stars) and a low syns choc bar to use up my syns. Got a hex to use up as well.

Had a little cadbury's bar 5.5 syns and a bag of squares 5 syns. Had 2 ryvita with dairylea tiangle to make up my hea/b.

A's- 2 (milk for tea and cheese)
B's- 2 (bread and 1 alpen light)
Syns- 14.5

Last edited:
23/06/2012

B/F- FF yogurt and banana
Snack- apple

Lunch- pasta n sauce and sweetcorn (1/2 syn) mikado daim stick (1/2 syn)

jacket pot and dairylea (hungry and not eating til later)

Dinner-smash pizza (tomato sauce, peppadew peppers, 2 olives, mushroom, sweetcorn,lmc sausage 1/2 syn) and a pot of blueberry yoomoo for afters (7.5 syns) hex for the cheese.

Love sw can have pizza and ice cream too!

Fibre plus bar

A's- 2 (milk and cheese)
B's- 1 fibre plus bar
Syns- 9

Last edited:
Didn't have breakfast as such, made a batch of syn free cheese scones and snacked on them everytime I walked past! Hea for the cheese. Spoonful or two of ff yogurt.

Lunch- Sausage sandwich- 2 slices wm bread heb, 2 lmc sausages 1 syn, lf spread 1 syn, brown sauce 1 syn, banana.

Fairy cake and choc philly topping 4.5 syns

Dinner- mash pots, quorn peppered steak, carrots, peas, spoonful of gravy 1 syn. Little dairy milk bar 5.5 syns

weetabix oatybar heb, mint options hot choc 2 syns

A's- 2 milk and cheese
B's- 2 oaty bar and bread
Syns- 15
Made my fairy cakes today, 44 syns for the lot and made 14 so about 3 syns each. They weren't bad but could've done with a bit more sweetner. The choc philly was lovely on top. Used a third of a 30g tub 1.5 syns, had intended to have another one later with a cup of tea but the dairy milk bar just fell into my mouth :p prob burnt it all off though watching the GP!

I've noticed I've not been great with my fruit and veg the past few days so that'll be a mini goal for next week; to get at least 5 a day. Just hoping WI goes well tomorrow, I've tried to be good this week and have stuck to plan I'd like to see the results!

Weigh in this morning and I lost the grand total of..... 0.5lb lol :rolleyes:

Still, it's better off than on and it has shown me how easy and quick it is to put it on, and how much work it is to get it off! So onwards and downwards. This week I'm aiming to get my 5 a day in, as last week fruit and veg seemed a bit thin on the ground, unusual for me!

B/f- 2 slices toast and scraping of butter (4 syns?)
2 syn free potato scones and banana, few grapes

Lunch- slice of bread, tomato, dairylea triangle. Light choices lemon drizzle slice (3.5 syns).

Handful of cherries, carrot sticks.

Dinner- this will be a sw curry (quorn, peas, aubergine, courgette, carrot, onion, spices, passata), rice and wm pitta.

I've got some sf jelly made up for a sweet snack and am planning on making rice pudding with part of my hex milk, have a bit of a notion for it and some jam! Going to*try* and not have any chocolate today; we'll see how long that lasts!

Evening-

Well, I made my rice pudding and it was lovely, used to have it alot when doing sw 1st time around. Had a teaspoon of jam with it too, so will need to syn that (2.5 syns?). Had a cup of tea as well but didn't bother with the jelly. Made a mint aero cheesecake for some visitors we have coming tomorrow, won't even bother to try and calculate the syns in that!

A's- 2 (milk, 1 dairylea triangle)
B's- 3 (bread x2 and pitta)
Syns- 10 approx.
5 a day mini challenge- about 6 today I think!

Last edited:
26/06/2012- off plan :p

B/f- syn fee cheese scones and baked beans, banana

Lunch- wm pitta (heb), quorn peppered steak, salad, cheese slice (hea), tomato ketchup (1 syn), sw wedges. Cheesecake (too many syns), small piece of choccy bun too, oink oink!

sf sweet (1/2 syn)

Dinner- small portion of sw curry, salad, few more sw wedges. Lots of melon.

Evening- 1 slice wm bread (heb), quorn fillets. Cheesecake!!!! It's all nearly goe now, gave most of it away lol.

27/06/2012

B/f- heb of museli, yogurt and banana

Lunch- roll (heb plus 2 syns) with cheddar cheese and 3 tomatoes.

Carrot sticks, cherries, orange.

Dinner- this will be quorn bolognese with pasta. Melon and sf jelly (1/2 syn) for afters.

LC lemon slice 3.5 syns
2 slices wm bread, lf spread 1 syn, jam 2.5 syns

A's- 2 milk and cheese
B's- 3 museli, roll, bread
Syns- 9.5
5 a day- 7

Last edited:
28/06/2012

B/f- grabbed a banana and ff yogurt

merengue with cream (5 syns)

Lunch- wm pitta (heb), bean salad, waldorf salad (2 syns), hummous (heb), feta with olive oil (hea & 1/2 heb- not sure if feta is hea on green, hope it is because that's how I'm counting it lol).

Apple

coffee and 2 ginger snaps (6 syns)

Leftover bolognese and pasta n sauce (1/2 syn, part hea)
Cherries

Used most of my hex for the day by lunchtime which is unusual for me, as I normally save a few for the evening! Still it's been nice to use them on something other than cereal bars and bread! Out shopping this evening, so dinner will just be something quick when I get back in. Noodles and baked beans or some leftover bolognese. Plenty of fruit and ff yogurts to snack on as well. Have to have a look for the fibre plus bars as well, I had been able to get them in our local Sainsbury's until last week sob. Hoping there'll be some there and I can stock up! Failing that, are there any other nice cereal bars I could get, other than the old faithful, alpen lights? I don't go to group so can't get the hi-fi bars and loved my fibre plus with a cup of tea in the evening!

A's- 2 (skim milk/feta)
B's- 2.5 (wm pitta, hummous, olive oil)
Syns- 13.5

Last edited:
Very proud of myself for resisting temptation last night when I was out shopping. Had been feeling a bit down, not sure why, but it was definitley a bottle of wine and family bag of crisps night lol. I'd a pot of clotted cream and scones in my basket, but by the time I'd got to the tills I'd put them back and stuck to plan! Not very often that happens, so progress of sorts!

Today-

Breakfast- 28g porridge oats heb, cherries, sweetner, part hea of milk. 2 ryvitta (one to make up heb, synned other 1 syn) dairylea light triangle, 2 tomatoes.

apple, 2 choc buttons 1 syn (making buns with ds1)

Lunch- will be yet more yet more of that bolognese and pasta with some bean salad

Dinner- making quorn casserole and maybe dumplings. Not sue whether to do my own or a packet which is easier to syn! Sf jelly for after 1/2 syn and one of thos choc buns 4.5 syns

Wee update of food diary for past few days.
Have been a good girl, even though I was out for dinner!
30/06/2012
Grabbed a banana first thing.
lunch- leftover quorn beef casserole, tasted even nicer thenext day! Fibre plus bar for choc hit. Ditto alpen light. 1.5 heb.
Waldorf salad, babybel light, cherries, ff yogurt
Few spoonfuls of baked beans.
Dinner out- cheesy garlic bread (left half and cheese fromhea so 8 syns?), veggie curry and rice, maybe 5 syns? Passed on dessert(polishes halo) and had a coffee instead. No wine either and had a great nightcatching up with the girls!
A’s- 3
B’s- 1.5
Syns- 13 approx

01/07/2012
Brunch- 2 slices of wm bread, 2 dairylea lights, cherrytomatoes, apple (heb, part hea).
Cup of coffee and caramel square (shared with dh and ds lol)8 syns to be on safe side
Morning coffee 1 syn
Dinner- potatoes, quorn fillets cooked with stock and lotsof root veg.
Oaty bar (heb).
2 slices wm bread, cherry tom’s and dairylea lighttriangles.
A’s- 3
B’s- 2
Syns- 9

Back