hunger pangs.

pratty77

Hi all, on my fourth day today, and srill having hunger pangs! Had 3-4oz of cathedral city cheddar to try to put it at bay. Will these pangs go away?? Ps... Having 15-18 net carbs a day all in. Any ideas for carbless snacking?? Mucho appreciated! B-)

Last edited:
There is absolutely no reason to feel hungry on Atkins.
You can have up to 20g carb a day 15 of which should be green veggies.
Boiled eggs are a good snack and probably quite filling.
Are you drinking enough water? Water does help a lot.
Have you read the stickies? :)

Try snacking on protein dense foods like chicken breast as I found that it fills you up more than cheese. Drinking more water should definitely help though. Also maybe try eating little and often as opposed to 3 meals a day, perhaps you are leaving too long between meals e.g more than 6 hours. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

In actual fact you are hungry. Not for a few days will your hunger go away. Just fill up on legal high fat things. Fat will fill you more than protein. Try olives, a bit of splenda sweetened cream, salmon, egg yolk or cheese.

Cheers Marysu, all advice to keep me on the straight and narrow. Had smoked scottish salmon and eggs for breaky, and ten black olives for snacking. Hope your all well. :-D

pratty77 said:
Hi zion, yea will do that. Cheers for the advice folks. Roll on day 5. B-)

No problem. You just have to try a few things out and see what works for you. Dense proteins like meat and poultry tend to work for me because they are more difficult for the body to digest so I don't feel as hungry as quickly. I also try to snack on boiled eggs (although i've gone off them a bit lately:/). I love cheese too but just trying not to eat so much of it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Back