Hunger Strips

Oh well I have ordered some! I need something to put in my mouth after all this coffee, so it will be good to try and get a minty mouth! I will report back!

Wow there fab that cartoon lady must of dropped about 5 stone in 24 days lmao x

But did you notice that she only had one strip in all that time and no meals:eek::eek:

Not a healthy way of dieting imo! :D

BTW, any of you on a VLCD, please take care if you are going to try these. We really don't know if any of these ingredients could set off ketosis. Anyway, I don't think you are supposed to taking any dieting aids when on Cambridge :(

Bet they don't work anyway:rolleyes:

Right, I've just got home, armed with my Hunger Strips. Here's a laugh - it says this on the packet:

Not a significant source of calories from fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, Calcium and iron.

Why don't they just say "there's nothing useful in these" and be done with it?

Right, I'm feeling peckish right now but that's because I've just done an hour of high impact aerobics and I haven't had my tea yet, so this probably isn't a good time to test their appetite suppressant qualities. However, I can certainly test the taste. Here we go.

First impressions - minty. And not a nice green like in the picture, more a dark seaweedy green.

Right, the thing has dissolved and I have a minty fresh aftertaste. Taste verdict: like a less terrifying version of the fresh breath strips. It would be cheaper to just brush your teeth when you feel hungry (which is my top tip by the way) but perhaps less convenient.

I will report on the snack-curbing properties later :)

I'm feeling quite peckish now so I've just had one. Verdict coming soon!

Aha. Found this thread again.

DH brought me back a pack from work.

Tried one at lunchtime. Was getting peckish about 12:30 and would have had lunch. Put strip on my tongue (which immediately stuck to the roof of my mouth and wouldn't come off:confused:)

Then it vanished and I forgot all about lunch until 1:30. Could have been a coincidence. Who knows, but I'll try them again next time I get hungry :)

It worked for me, and I'd say it was probably for two reasons - a) because it left a minty taste in my mouth, and anything tastes weird just after a mint, and b) because I was actively thinking about NOT snacking :)

I don't think they would have worked at all for me a few years ago though.

Reckon you really have to get to know your body. Really understand the difference between real hunger and emotional hunger.

Go back a few years and I would have probably been eating them like sweets and swearing they didn't work:rolleyes:

I'll be interested to see whether they work on Monday. If they work then, then I'll believe it.

Monday, busy...don't want to think about food..no time to eat lunch...no time to think about food, yet the hunger pains always distract me from what I'm doing. Cool if it stopped them as I know these are 100% hunger pains.

Go back a few years and I would have probably been eating them like sweets and swearing they didn't work

LOL

I bought some tonight so will be try them tomorrow and give feedback. Luckily I probably wont have to buy too many packets as just looking at them has put me off food.

Baileysandice

Back