Hungry after exercise?

blonde_sue

Silver Member
Went to the gym and swimming today for the first time in months.. feel so good for going but I felt really hungry and ended up eating 10 weeklies wen I got home (didnt eat the activitys)

Does anyone else get hungry after excercise and what do you do to stop eating? lol x

I was hungry when I got home last night and happily went into the kitchen and started to graze on a slice of bread and some peanuts before I thought probably shouldn't be doing this! (cost an additional 5pp taking me way over my daily allowance when added)

I think in future ill keep some fruit close by or leave enough points for a post swim snack I tend to feel better if I don't use my weekly points but sometimes you have to that's what they are there for

Good luck

I now exercise before I have my dinner, do my workout as soon as I am home from work then I have my dinner.

When I used to go swimming I always felt hungry after it, cup of tea and a banana used to help a lot though.

Sx

I am currently working with a personal trainer at the gym and when i finish i feel sick for the first ten minutes or so (lol) but then the hunger kicks in and she told me to eat a high protein snack when this happens, so i usually take with me a hard boiled egg chopped up with a couple of tomato slices, fish sticks or lean wafer thin ham slices rolled up with some sallad inside. Definately takes the hunger pangs away.

I get really hungry after I work out too! I usually eat some fruits and nuts (cashews and pistachios) when I get home. They fill me up till it's my next meal time!

Good luck!

I'm the same, my fitness instructor told me to have two eggs scrambled and 1 slice o whole meal toast no butter. It's really filling and I use my weeklies for it x

of course you're hungry. Exercise speeds up your metabolism so it makes you be hungrier. However, it also stimulates the production of endorphins which help your mood and should stop you being too hungry... odd!

It's best to eat some protein after exercise this helps build back the muscle tissues that you've used.

i thought it was just me! LOL - did my first week on WW with no exercise and enjoyed the plan.....now this week did 4 gym sessions and feel like i am pmt cos i am so hungry :(

Back