Hungry and want diet coke

PamLS

Hi Everyone,

this is my first post on this Forum, I have been on Lipotrim for 10 days now. I have been in ketosis for a while, I have been checking my urine which has millions of ketones and can smell my own breath :(, but I am still so so hungry :sigh:, and all I want is a diet coke. I did Lipotrim for 3 weeks last year and drank diet coke all the way through, 2plus litres a day and lost 10lb in the first week and 5lb in the 2nd and 3rd. This time although I hate water I have rigidly stuck to it and lost only 7lb in the first week so am very very tempted to have a diet coke. The thing that keeps getting me is on CD they are allowed Coke Zero as it does not have any citric acid.

Not sure I can last the distance. I am doing it for 5 weeks to try and get my BMI down before starting IVF in Nov. Keep seeing other more tempting diets like W8 that has so many more options

Any advice..., why am i so hungry I wasnt last time when I was drinking diet coke :wave_cry:

I dont want to sound harsh but youv only got 5 weeks to get to goal. Some people have been on LT for months and are still miles away from their goal! Do what you think is right but as you can see from people on here LT definatly works and it works well

Hi, I know I am only doing it for 5 weeks, but I dont have 5 weeks to get to goal, I have 5 weeks before I start IVF. If this cycle fails I will be back on it as to get to goal would probably take 6 months because my BMI is more than yours. I have been on 300cals a day for the last 2 and a half months now, but I stopped loosing weight and have been so stressed out that they will refuse me my treatment so I switched to LT for the last 5 weeks. I may try the fizzy water and see if that fills me more, I am hungry all the time and shouldnt be in ketosis should I?, thanks for the advice

your not hungry all the time that is impossible, your head is just messing with you and its upto you to give it a slap, so come on chin up and forget about food, food is not everything. I reckon IVF is far more important than drinking crap coke, call me old fashioned but in this case the scales tip in one direction and eating and drinking whatever is not even open for discussion.

Well you should definatly be in ketosis by now. Im someone who very much believes in the idea that your body will tell you what to do and whats best. I got ill the other week and i knew i needed food so i ate and i didnt feel bad about it. So if your still getting hunger pangs and you think diet coke will do you no harm and help, then do what you think is best for you. Personally id try the sparkling water first to see if that helps.

your not hungry all the time that is impossible, your head is just messing with you and its upto you to give it a slap, so come on chin up and forget about food, food is not everything. I reckon IVF is far more important than drinking crap coke, call me old fashioned but in this case the scales tip in one direction and eating and drinking whatever is not even open for discussion.

You should listen to this man...he always speaks the truth and tells it straight!!

Yes I will try some tommorow. I think my head is messing with me I have spent the weekend at a family wedding, spent Friday all evening at a Mexican Restaurant and all day Saturday at the wedding then all day Sunday at a massive after wedding buffet Party, so had a bad weekend, but I stuck to it. I hate the shakes but people say that you get used to them so am holding out for that. I just find it odd that cheating I lost more weight and was never hungry- but I am determined so i have no intention of quitting. Has anyone done or heard much about W8?

im sure there is a reason for the what seemed like larger losses on diet coke but I really wouldnt try it again, your weightloss of 7lb is an excellent loss and I will personally guarantee drinking coke will not make you lose more

Hi Hun...i know its hard...but you are better off not having anything other than what you are supposed to have, i considered the coke zero too...its just your mind playing games with you... dont do it...one little taste of something, may just push you to have a little something else..

I dont think it matters how long you have...5 weeks or 5 months,...you are doing this for you..Even 5 weeks seems like a lifetime especially when you want to achieve something..
Keep going...glug more water :tear_drop::tear_drop:, and keep posting...there will always be someone on here that wil lift you!!!

Your doing fine...:) keep it up!...and leave that coke alone!

Ok, I will consider myself suitably lectured. No diet coke and my hunger is in my head.

Thanks kitten kat, 5 weeks does seem like a lifetime at the moment, especially considering what is at the end of the 5 weeks. I am under alot of stress at the moment so its nice to have some support. I will keep posting, although I was beginning to wonder if everyone was going to just yell at me lol :confused::D

no one wants to lecture you pet!

Thanks everyone, well I had better be off to bed, another night down. I have been addicted to diet coke for 20 years so I am finding giving it up a million times harder than the food :D. Whenever I am stressed a diet coke sorts it, it is my nicotine I guess but I suppose it is good to go cold turkey :D:D:D 11 days tommorow, night:wave_cry:

good night tomorrow will be a doddle xx

Thanks kitten kat, 5 weeks does seem like a lifetime at the moment, especially considering what is at the end of the 5 weeks. I am under alot of stress at the moment so its nice to have some support. I will keep posting, although I was beginning to wonder if everyone was going to just yell at me lol :confused::D

This forum, can be full of lectures, and FULL...of positive thoughts too!!...
Your doing fab hun... people who lecture are just wanting you to keep on track..although it is sometimes hard to take it from people you dont know..we are all here to help each other..

Chin up, the stress will pass..:)

Hi hun and welcome.

I'm guessing, and it is only a guess, that your first loss was low because you have been on a low cal diet for so long. The first weeks loss is mainly water and glycerin (or something similar - I can never remember the name) and if you've been good before there is less to flush out!

Don't be downhearted. You have 5 weeks till the IVF and the more weight you lose the better. My sis-in-law has had loads of treatments which failed and I'm sure if she lost some weight she'd have a better chance at conceiving. She has tried but is still obese. My little sis works in the fertility sector and has seen everything and she has advised my sis-in-law to lose weight without success!

Good luck to you, I understand your addiction as I have been addicted to diet coke since my teens (I shan't tell you how many years that is but a lot!!!!) and thought I'd never be able to give it up! 25 weeks later and I don't miss it! I love my water and black coffee (though I'd love a milky tea!!!!)

Often hunger pangs are just thirst so keep supping that water.

x

Back