Hungry!!!!!!!

glitzybug

Hi Guys,
Getting married in July.....want to look fab in my dress so started LT yesterday. Starving and feel like crap. How long does it take for the hunger to subside? Feeling really nervous about doing this diet, so many bad side affects. Cant afford to be feeling like crap with 2 kids to look after. Know it will be worth it when skinny (lost 5 stone 18 mths ago thru healthy eating and exercise only to put it all on again), so know how it feels to be slim and confident. So annoyed with myself for putting it on again, anyway I've read alot of ye're stories and know there is hope for me yet :break_diet:

You will feel the hunger for the first 3-4 days, till you get into ketosis. I find the best thing to do is to drink more water, have a tea or coffee, and get out of the house. The hunger won't last forever, just keep picturing yourself in the summer with the eight gone! Good Luck! :)

Good luck and well done for starting your diet, althought this is the Cambridge forum you might want to move your post to the LT forum :)

hi glitzybug, i think i was hungry for around 3 days. if you drink a glass of water when you fill hungry it should do the job. and if you read old posts i think water seems to help the weight come off even quicker :) Good luck with your journey. Helen x

hey. i was hungry til day 3/4 then it lessens and its just a normal hunger when ur between meals. just keep thinking wats worse bit of hunger now or a life time looking at ur wedding pics and thinking oh god i look ..... . (congrats by the way hope its a lovely day)

the hunger usually lasts around 3 days when ketosis kicks in it will subside. i have 3 babys and i can asure u i have more energy now than b4 i startred this.just drink lots of water it will pass dont worry

agree with everyone else - the hunger only lasts a couple of days but if you drink lots of water then it really helps - I was worried when i 1st started cos i work fulltime and have 3 kids to look after and my husband works shifts so often i work a full day then have to come home and sort the kids out myself - but i have to say i honestly have more energy now than i ever had and don't feel sluggish anymore. Just stick with it for a couple of days - it really is worth it.

Back