Hunting for presents and getting told off :(

becciharland

Hiya,

I havent been on for a while been off being naughty lol

Well at the weekend i knew Darren had been xmas shopping..... So i though i would have a look about for what he's brought.... Always been the same, get really excited this time of the year.... This year i got caught red handed lol Darren found me in his side of the wardrobe on a chair looking under his training top to find a Starbucks gift set.....(just what i wanted ) :) Needless to say this then lead to a falling out over christmas.....my my i was a naughty girl.... He said if i didn't stop looking for my presents then xmas would be cancelled!!!!
Since the weekend i haven't dared look for said xmas presents, i am having to sit on my hand to stop myself.... So excited like a big kid this time of the year lol

Men really need to find better hiding places for gifts i think and put them somewhere where i wouldn't be going to put away his clothes..... Well thats the line i tried to use when i got caught red handed lol

Just thought i would share, is anyone else as bad as this??

xx

I once was caught by my mum looking for Christmas presents, man, I bawled like a baby!

Usually I do have a sneaky peek, so I can mentally prepare almost. This year, my Christmas presents are right next to the bed in a santa sack, how tempting! But I promised that I wouldn't peep, and you know, I haven't even peeped at them! I like surprises, and its me spoiling them, so I have taught myself to stop! I already know what some of them are as I chose them/was asked, so the few surprises are remaining exactly that, surprises. My birthday presents weren't surprises due to my super sleuth skills, so it was a bit of a bummer.

Tsk tsk on getting caught though! Next year, attach bells to the doors so you know when he is coming :D

I once came across a load of recipts in my hubby's trousers (emptying pockets before washing!) and I read them all - it really ruined tho on the day...and one gift was 'missing' :-/ the day after I recieved it but it did make me wonder who he'd bought the PJs for?!

The only time I have searched since was when o was looking for an engagement ring reciept!!! - I fist find it, but I got the ring on Christmas day :-D he obviously hid that one safe!!!

I'm not too bad for trying to find them, but my parents have far too many places they can hide them these days!

However, Xmas eve my sis and I are usually like little kids, squeezing and rattling the pressies under the try to see if we can guess what any are. In fairness, I only do so once she's started and sets me off!

Up until now I've been bah humbug but now I'm starting to get more excited and Christmassy!

Oh no, really have to disagree on this one :eek:

I don't, and never have, gone hunting for my Christmas presents. I like it to be a surprise. If you know what you're getting it takes away the whole fun of unwrapping presents and being greeted with a surprise.

Tut tut, naughty girl!!

xx

I ruined Christmas for myself when I was about 7 years old and that's how I found out Santa isnt real - sorry to drop that bombshell on all you believers out there!!

Anyway, that put a stop to me hunting for presents full stop! I know the exact cupboard that my hubby has out all my pressies and I have absolutely no desire to look in there! I've spoilt it for myself once, I won't do it again!

Santa isn't real? Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Don't believe it!

I wouldn't look at my presents in advance because I wouldn't want to spoil anyone's fun.

I never look - hubby leaves them under the bed or in the wardrobe or just left in the hall! I like surprises so wouldn't want them spoiled.

Princess_Stevie said:
Oh no, really have to disagree on this one :eek:

I don't, and never have, gone hunting for my Christmas presents. I like it to be a surprise. If you know what you're getting it takes away the whole fun of unwrapping presents and being greeted with a surprise.

Tut tut, naughty girl!!

xx

I'm with you,I think it's just wrong. He's made an effort and probably looking forwards to watching you open the present :(

He's made an effort and probably looking forwards to watching you open the present :(

Yup, that is the EXACT reason as to why I haven't even peeped, even when I took the receipts out his pocked for the wash. He's really excited to see my reaction, and I can't rob him of that :)

Noooo you shouldn't go looking for your presents.
I know if my hubby went looking for the ones I'd brought him he wouldn't get another. Christmas is meant to be magical and surprising, how can it be any of that if you can't wait to see what you've got :(

I'm the opposite, I'm usually trying to tell people what I've bought them cos I'm so excited to give them their presents!! :D

Me and my brother went present hunting when we were little, every year we'd look and every year we'd find nothing. They were always hidden in the attic! I'm glad we never found anything tbh I would have been so gutted to see all my gifts and not get any surprises.

I did it once, as a kid. Me, my sister and our step-brother found the pressies (top of the wardrobe again!) looked at them and put them back. Come Christmas morning, there were no extra presents, just the ones we'd found and I was so disappointed, never went looking again. My hubby alwaes tries looking, so I usually wrap his stuff as soon as I've bought them. He's a typical man and if something can be giftwrapped, he will get it done! I know what I'm getting from him this year, a Pandora bracelet, but only cos I had to go to the shop to try it on, but I don't know what charms. In fact, he's gone shopping for them today! :)

I love Christmas though - the pressies, the food, the reason behind it all, the tackiness, I'm like a big kid! Even my kids get embarassed by me! Ha ha!!

I've already had my Xmas pressies from my parents - my main one was a tv when I moved out of my ex's place and into my own.

I had been talking about getting another tv, smaller one with dvd combi, to go in the bedroom and had pretty much decided which one I wanted when I had the spare money. Anyway, visited them for the weekend and the tv I wanted was on offer but I couldn't afford it. dad said he planned on giving me money for Xmas so could use that to go and get it on Saturday if I wanted, to which point my mum told me she'd already rung and reserved it for me! :D

It's not wrapped under the tree however... it's already installed in my bedroom! Hehehe... well, as my dad said, I get a couple of extra weeks use out of it that way! ;)

And right in time too - work's xmas do on Friday night so can stay in bed watching tv and dvds on Saturday while recovering now!

No doubt there will be a few small pressies under the tree for me as well, but already feel spoiled rotten!

aw your parents are good to you, thats a lovely story, KittenKat. From what I've seen about here, you've had a tough time of it lately and deserve it x

My parents are just awesome and the best, I am a very very lucky girl, and wouldn't be in as good a state as I am currently in without them. I'm amazed at how quickly I have picked myself back up and it's all down to them, some wonderful friends, and you lot! :D

Just wish I had the money to spoil them back this Xmas :sigh:

Lol, on a related note, my husband just sent me the following email:

Now until Christmas under no circumstances are you allowed to open any post sent to me directly. Not even if you think it may be for your family. Failure to follow this simple rule will result in instant cancellation of Christmas, no tree, no Dr Who, no pudding (not that that matters to you) no trips to Somerset and most certainly no yuletide cat cuddling.

And last night he snuck in with a present as I was on my way out to my weigh-in, and had wrapped it up before I'd got home! :D

My hubby goes and gets my gift on or around the 23rd of Dec. We both go out on the 24th with friends, and then its the day itself. Awesome!

x

Lol, on a related note, my husband just sent me the following email:

Now until Christmas under no circumstances are you allowed to open any post sent to me directly. Not even if you think it may be for your family. Failure to follow this simple rule will result in instant cancellation of Christmas, no tree, no Dr Who, no pudding (not that that matters to you) no trips to Somerset and most certainly no yuletide cat cuddling.

And last night he snuck in with a present as I was on my way out to my weigh-in, and had wrapped it up before I'd got home! :D

No doctor who!!!! I would leave all post on the floor just in case. :eek:

I never look, but think I may have seen... I went into the spare room on his say so (its basically his computer room cum laundry drying room) to get the Christmas tree, decs and wrapping paper. As the tree is small I had to root around to get to the box, saw a tatty carrier bag nearby and assumed it wad more decs so poked my nose in, only to see a brand name I recognised. I haven't looked more than that, and theres every chance he's fibbing about not having bought for his nun and its for her, but I feel awful just for seeing that much!

Back