Husbands

Crazyarmywife

Hi, I have just gone back to weightwatchers after losing 2 and half stone last year on slimming world, I then gained it back and now I have reached a point where with my weight and having got myself a bad back its become a health problem. my doctor said physio won't have much of a affect unless I drop a few stones so at the moment I am in constant pain so it really is now very important I get this 7 stone excess off me for good, what I want to know is from everyone who has yo yo dieted over the last 10 years like me what reactions have you had from your hubby. my hubby always supports me but I have found him this time very quiet and not saying much about it, I think he thinks here we go again and that it's only a matter of time before I fall of the wagon and to be honest i don't blame him as he has seen it happen over the years but I can't help feel really upset over it even though if I said that to him he would be motified I felt like that, do you feel that your husbands sometimes think the same when they see you changing diets and rejoining time after time? I know this time it's now the time I have to do it but I really think my husband ain't convinced!

My husband is exactly the same.
I've known him four yrs and just over half that time has been spent on some diet or the other, the other half I've been pregnant!

I would like to show him (and my mum lol) that I've done it once and for all!

I sometimes get the feeling from my mum that she's like here we go again, my boyfriend supports me whatever I do. My ex husband didn't they and would try and derail me hence 1 of the reasons he is now my ex lol x

I don't have a husband or bf but I work in an office where several people seem very interested in what I am doing, when I'm doing it etc etc :rolleyes: so this time I havn't mentioned ww at all and I am having my lunch as normal and fruit for my snacks and as yet no one has said a word. I have told the people who matter to me and despite seeing me do every diet in the book they remain supportive and encourage me.. do it for you and get suppport here xx good luck :)

I've had this with my hubby. He's very upfront with his view and this recent time i got told "you've done Weight watchers before and it didn't work"

Ive dieted 3 times since being with him, 1st was in 06-07, 2nd time was 09-10 which was 1st baby weight and 3rd time is now with losing weight after my 2nd baby.

He is supportive but got exasperated with me cos I was on/off the diet. Id lose weight only to gain it again and he saw that i couldn't maintain it so WW in his eyes didn't work long term.

This time even he admits that this time is different, he knows losing weight isn't hard for me, its the maintenance that I struggle with. He said that he can see this is long term and totally supports me.

I think it must be hard for them, when we are constantly on/off a diet but we can show them that this time its for life!

It's good to read people's view on it and I can see I ain't on my own and not only my hubby thinks it, your right I am determined to show him this time it will be for good!

I ave been on SW, cal counting , lipotrim & now WW so far this YEAR. I feel comfortable wi WW at the mo & although my OH is supportive he will sometimes say "dint think you could ave that" " thought u ad to measure that" & a roll of eyes as if to say here we go again when a new diet is mentioned. I just feel he thinks it won't last & every diet I try is a passing fad.

My OH is useless when it comes to supporting me to diet. I have constantly been on and off diets since I've been with him, so he has little faith I will stick to it, but I have managed a 2st loss so far and he doesn't even mention it. He won't come the gym with me, and will sit and eat fish and Chips in front of me, telling me I should have the will power not to want them! I reckon secretly he Is a sabotager and I've told him this! Anyway, I'm in that mind set that I'm going to prove him wrong!!

my EX used to do weight watchers with me but he wasn't much help because of his height and weight he was allowed alot more points than me plus he never had breakfast so he used to sit there eating loads of yummy stuff that i could only dream of eating.doing so much better on my own now it's amazing how someone can drag you down if you don't get the right support

i should point out that not all blokes are like this but i think that they are happier when you are larger because you're less likely to turn other blokes heads, just a thought. I could just be one of the unlucky ones

Well my other half treats "hun i'm doing this or that diet" like I have said i'm off to bed I say it so often! I have joined slimming world twice this year, have fell off the cambridge wagon 3 times, and had countless slimming pills cures, have listened to hypnotherapy, and stupid amounts of diet books that are still in perfect condition. I am ashamed to say that I do the accounts so I get endless reminders of money spent of "diet" things that have proved fruitless. Needless to say when I joined ww this week he didnt bat an eye :) My own fault, and I dont blame him at all. He is supportive in a way but its my own doing that stuffs things up I have to get my head around eating healthy :sigh:

Me and my OH did Cambridge together and have just swapped to WW. We are as bad as eachother really because I always complain about wanting to eat bad stuff, and because he's only about a stone from goal he doesn't mind having the odd treat because he's not got much left to lose. He always nips out shopping and buys nice stuff in though and I have no will power! Apart from that he's not too bad :)

my husband doesn't understand why i'm still counting points and watching what i'm eating,,i reached goal in April and i think he thought that would be it!!he eats what he likes but he does a lot of marathons and i'm such a lazy bum,,i'd rather just watch what i eat:D

oh yummymummy75 i'm so jealous of you,i'm looking at your weight loss and hoping i'm that weight by christmas,well done

Back