I’m back again for the third time

After a good food day during the day I had an attack of the snacks last night🤦🏻‍♀️ I was really hungry yesterday and it’s still my totm but I am a bit disappointed. Another week of trying to get back to where I was, come on Charlotte, get your act together! X

Morning Charlotte, sorry I have not been around recently. Looks like you are doing well, sorry ToTM is so bad for you but well done for managing it. Will be nice to have the garden done. I'm not green fingered at all so all about getting someone in to do it! Hope you have a good day today, don't worry about the snack attack yesterday it happens to us all!

I have the back doors open nearly every day to get some fresh air and I can see out but it’s such a mess at the moment. The grass is now full of very tall weeds(I’d like to get artificial grass at some point), the patio is pretty filthy and the beds are overgrown. The only upside is that I have a pergola with climbing roses(1 pink and 1 white) at opposite corners and every year (before I was unwell) I trained them to go up and over and weaved through the top beams so now it is massive and covers the whole thing😃 Luckily that’s the bit I can mainly see.

I try and stick to just water but I do sometimes have the odd diet drink. I don’t have hot drinks very often and I try and stay away from caffeine so it doesn’t affect my sleep.

I seem to lose focus very easily when it’s my totm, actually when there’s any extra or added stress I can do. This is the bit that’s taking the longest to learn and deal with. I’m still moving in the right direction, slowly, it’s just that it would be easier and less of a battle if I could stay focused and get my head around my emotional connection to food.

Here’s to a good day for us all😃 x

I've got artificial grass in our rental property. We had it about 13 years ago and it still looks great now. Every now and then we have to go round and weed it, because we get the odd one and the tenants never bother to do anything with the garden. It is so easy, I would highly recommend it, it looks beautiful all the time.

I don't think I could go that long with just water, I guess you train your body though. I've seen some people do about 12 hours, I think I probably do that long without realising most days. So I'd probably only benefit from a long one. I might try it after my holidays, see if I can do it.

That sounds great, we will get it done at some point, probably when I’m doing a bit better.

Yeah, you do get used to it. I’ve noticed that I can do longer fasts the longer I’ve been fasting, if that makes sense. I started doing 16:8, then 18:6 and then on to one meal a day. From there I’ve been able to do around a 2 day fast(I think 50 hours is the longest so far) and at some point I would like to try to get to a 3 day fast but I think that would be my limit. I’m not sure if by having diet drinks it’s still classed as a fast? I hope it is lol.

I would say it’s worth trying it just in case you like it and find that it works for you. It could be something that you do once a week or something. Obviously listen to your body though and do what feels right.

How long have you got until you’re off on your holiday? X

That sounds great, we will get it done at some point, probably when I’m doing a bit better.

Yeah, you do get used to it. I’ve noticed that I can do longer fasts the longer I’ve been fasting, if that makes sense. I started doing 16:8, then 18:6 and then on to one meal a day. From there I’ve been able to do around a 2 day fast(I think 50 hours is the longest so far) and at some point I would like to try to get to a 3 day fast but I think that would be my limit. I’m not sure if by having diet drinks it’s still classed as a fast? I hope it is lol.

I would say it’s worth trying it just in case you like it and find that it works for you. It could be something that you do once a week or something. Obviously listen to your body though and do what feels right.

How long have you got until you’re off on your holiday? X

OMG 3 days without food!!!!!! That would kill me, lol!
I know what you mean though, your body adjusts. I think I could do 16:8 easily enough, although I'm not sure how I would cope without my cuppa tea in the morning.
I've done detox's before and found they really helped give me a quick boost but not really a long term solution. Maybe I just need something to jolt my body into shock again.

I'm going away in 3 weeks, I'll be away for the summer, so the diet will be over for a while. Last year I only gained 2lbs the whole summer, so hoping I'll be ok again this year. I do a lot of walking, so that helps burn the alcohol calories, lol.

Because I get nausea quite a lot I find it makes doing long fasts easier and fasting also helps the nausea😃

Wow! Away for the whole summer😃 I bet that’s lush x

19 hour fast. I had tuna salad with olives and gherkins.

I’ve got a stonking headache this evening. I’ll try and have an early night and hopefully it’ll go. Sometimes my headaches can last for days on end and I don’t fancy that much!

I’ve just noticed that I’ve got beau’s lines on all of my nails. I’ve already got terrys nails(nail beds are lighter than they were with a darker band below the white tip of the nails and no white crescents ) and I think it’s pretty telling of how bad my health is. I’ll look into the beaus lines when my head feels better.

Night peeps x

Oh dear.... sleep doesn’t seem to be happening tonight😔 x

I’ve just noticed that I’ve got beau’s lines on all of my nails. I’ve already got terrys nails(nail beds are lighter than they were with a darker band below the white tip of the nails and no white crescents ) and I think it’s pretty telling of how bad my health is. I’ll look into the beaus lines when my head feels better.

hope you got some sleep eventually hun? I just googled Beau's Lines and wiki says it's caused by iron and zinc deficiencies, or there's a long list of meds that can cause it too. There's 10 key foods that have zinc in them - https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/best-foods-high-in-zinc#section3 . Maybe keep an eye on it, and when you do break your fast, make sure you load up with all of these?

Morning.

I had my hair tested for heavy metals and minerals a while ago and I had very high zinc(it was off the chart). They could also be caused by the antibiotics I had in hospital or it could be systemic disease or stress. Who knows lol🤷🏻‍♀️The lines are between a third to half way up the nails so it’s from a little while ago. I’ll keep an eye on them and see if it happens again. They are not very deep so hopefully it was just the antibiotics and or the stress of being in hospital.

Sorry if that’s not clear and I’m waffling, I’ve only had about 4 hours sleep and feel like💩

I’ll be having a cottage pie and an options hot chocolate soon to see if that helps me get off to sleep.

Fasting doesn’t seem to give me headaches but as I don’t have caffeine I don’t get the withdrawal headaches. I did when I first gave up caffeine, it was awful. My head is still banging but after that rubbish nights sleep in not surprised x

After my lunch I ended up sleeping for 4 hours! 😴 I’m feeling a bit more with it now and my headache is not as bad.

I’ll try and do a long fast to hopefully get near to where I was last Friday and get my head back in it. I’m sure I’ll gain after the weekend and a couple of nights of snacking like mad🤦🏻‍♀️ X

Thanks ladies 😃

It was a bit of a late one but I slept much better last night.

I didn’t end up fasting yesterday, I was so hungry last night so I had some scrambled egg and then I had a load of snacks again🤦🏻‍♀️ I just can’t seem to stay focused this week and I’ve been slipping back into bad habits. I’m showing quite a big gain this morning and there’s no way that’s going to drop off by tomorrow morning. I’m going to try and fast today with just water and hope for a pound or two to come off for the morning. Now my totm has finished I’m going to try and get focused and absolutely smash next weeks weigh in. I can’t start to get stuck losing and gaining the same few pounds over and over again, otherwise I’ll end up like the other times and end up back where I started. I really want to push on and get into the 21st bracket and then get into the 200’s. 299 here I come!!!

Hope we all have a focused and good day😃

We can do this! X

Glad you slept better last night.

Oh no not the munchies, I try not to have anything naughty in the house that I would eat. So I keep snacks for the kids and hubby but make sure they have things I'm not bothered about.

You will get back in the zone, you are focused and know you want to do this. Draw a line and get back on the diet wagon :)

Back