I am a moron!

ermintrude

Gold Member
How have I gone through my entire life not knowing that balsamic vinegar was full of sugar? Was going to make a recipe using a whole bottle of it - its 18½ bloddy Syns!!! Dammit!

Noooooo, balsamic vinegar is free. Isn't it? Please tell me it is!!
Balsamic dressing isn't but vinegar, all varieties is supposed to be free.

I didn't know this either! I sprinkle it very liberally on my salad and don't count any syns for it, but with a relatively small amount it probably doesn't matter that much (hopefully!)

Mine doesn't have sugar but it does have "grape must"???
Thing is, it's 20 calories per tablespoon so 1 syn if you equate it to the likes of ketchup.
Hmm, got me thinking now!

That's good enough for me Eclipse - free it is!

Oh, OK if everyone uses it as free then I will too! :D Phew! Had me panicking there! :eek:

I tried to look it up but it said it didn't know what it was so I put it through the calculator. Its 74kcal per 100g and the bottle is 500ml. p=0.3, f=0, c=18.2

I guess you're not going to eat that much of it at once even if the recipe does add up to that much? I was going to make some chutney so it'd only be a coupla tablespoons at a time or summat? Ah 'twill be fine Im sure, I just cant believe I never knew it had sugar in :confused:

I only syn my Pizza Express Dressing one - the standard vinegar one is fine on its own! :)

The sin free BBQ sauce from the saucy secrets book has balsalmic vinegar in it - and that is zero sins...so it must be free right?!"

Ah cool, cool, all is good then, I can chutney away to my hearts content :)

:eek: Panick over!

I got rather scared then. What on earth would I do without it?

Back