I am back again

alibabs

Hi all just coming on to apologize for my absence . I am still eating the Atkins way for over a year and a half now and it will be a year in September since i reached my goal. I have become a bit complacent in the last while so need the support of this forum to get back on track a bit .

I have gained no weight thankfully and have been maintaining well for a long time now .I do find a few bad habits creeping back in like larger amounts of 85% dark chocolate than i should be having and picking at things like chicken nuggets and things when cooking my little boys tea and stuff like this .I dont want to go down the slippery slope .I also had a few family occasions like meals out and it can be hard to stay on plan with lots of alcohol weakening the defenses. Anyway another reason i am back is because for over a year and a half of atkins i never had a attack of IBS so Atkins works for me in this way but in the last few weeks its back big time .I am going to go induction for 2 weeks just to cleanse and work back up the rungs to find my triggers .Look forward to talking to you all.

It s great always to hear a sucess story and someone with brains ( cos i haven't ) that can identify that you may be on the slippery slope ............ give us all your knowledge !!! xx

go you! you're an inspiration.

we love a good success story. welcome back x

Thanks a million everyone .No real secret as such to my success as such . I think Atkins just suited me and once i got into the swing of it i found after a few months that i just did not want heavy pastas and potatoes etc anymore. I also love cooking and trying different things and found so many recipes i could make on Atkins so i never get bored .I do also believe you need to have a love of eggs which i do and could happily live on them .

Of course the mim was a life saver in the early days and i rarely have one now so i must rectify that now that i am getting strict again . My favorite treat is still a chocolate mim with fresh whipped cream yummy and what other plan could you have that on only Atkins .

To be honest the real secret to my success and keeping the weight off is that after a few months i stopped seeing it as a diet and its now the way i eat full stop .I never was under the illusion that when i lost the weight that i could ever go back to lots of white bread and heavy carbs so i limit myself on these .I also at this stage after my target weight was achieved do not deny myself if i really want something .If i have a mad craving for something i have it .Last week i wanted banoffi pie so i had it but went straight back to eating on plan after . Now i am going to confess to something that will prob shock you in that i did not exercise .I am busy day to day in general but i did not increase or do any exercise as such so i am proof you can still loose and not exercise. My losses where not big numbers every week but they were low and consistent .Most weeks it was 1.5 to 2lbs but once i was losing i was happy as i was not seeing it as a diet and i was more content and full than i ever was .

I also think in this time my mental attitude to food changed .I know longer think of food 24/7 and it does not consume me like it used to .I now use food to live and not to comfort or spoil myself i now use wine for that:D. I also love clothes and love that i can now walk into a shop and buy a size 8-10 and know either one will fit .

Wow - great story and nice to have you back here to show both how it works but that it needs maintenance:)

Hi Ali and it's nice to see you posting again love

Back