I am back again

doubletrouble

Hi everyone and Happy New Year. I'm back and trying to remember where I go for things lol.

Not been on here for quite a long time in fact a couple of years I would say due to ill health, hospitals admissions etc. I suffer with Acute Pancreatitis which happened or at least my first attack did 3 years ago, then I had to have hysterectomy a year ago due to a very large ovarian cyst. While I was having this done my surgeon decided to remove my appendix at the same time. It turned out my cyst wasn't cancerous but found I had cancer of the appendix. But I'm glad to say I am now cancer free but still suffer with pancreatitis and have to follow a low fat diet of between 20- 30 grams of fat per day... I can't eat beef or lamb as get pains same with peanuts and sweetcorn and I am also not allowed any alcohol but as long as I am still alive I don't careAnyway sorry for long post and apologies if I do anything wrong while checking things out again ha ha. Looking forward to speaking to people on here. Thank you for reading, well if you got to the end at least without being bored lol. X

Welcome back.:)

Gosh you have had a bad time of it. They thought I had Pancreatitis but it turned out it was my gallbladder so they took that out. I'm pain free but got to watch what I eat especially fats.And I can no long have alcohol. Well I can but don't like the after effects so I stay clear of it.
I was on a very plain diet. I lived mostly on rice cakes.
I'm trying to get back in to cooking so I know what is in everything.

Welcome back :)

Sounds like you've really had a rough time :( Hopefully the worst of it is over and you can look towards the future :)
I've just recently returned as well, so we can get to know our way around together! xD xx

Welcome back.:)

Gosh you have had a bad time of it. They thought I had Pancreatitis but it turned out it was my gallbladder so they took that out. I'm pain free but got to watch what I eat especially fats.And I can no long have alcohol. Well I can but don't like the after effects so I stay clear of it.
I was on a very plain diet. I lived mostly on rice cakes.
I'm trying to get back in to cooking so I know what is in everything.

Thank you for replying and I'm pleased it didn't end up being Pancreatitis for you, it's a horrible thing to have and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. They called my family in twice on my first attack as didn't think I was going to make it, my organs were all shutting down. But I pulled through and enjoy everyday I can .
I think if they said I could have alcohol now I wouldn't just incase lol, mine is classed as idiopathic acute pancreatitis and I lost over 50% of it and worry each time I have an attack more will die but you can't keep thinking like that eh!
I agree with you on cooking everything as then I know what has gone in it and how is has been cooked. Hope you stay well x

Welcome back :)

Sounds like you've really had a rough time :( Hopefully the worst of it is over and you can look towards the future :)
I've just recently returned as well, so we can get to know our way around together! xD xx

I'll look forward to that as I'm hopeless at the moment. Ha ha x

Back