I AM FREEZING ALL THE TIME????

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by shazzy1970, 9 April 2008 Social URL.

1. shazzy1970

shazzy1970 Full Member

I am feeling cold all the time and i was never like this before. The first few days of CD i was FREEZING but i still feel cold now though not quite as bad. Is this normal??

Sharon

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Spikylady

Spikylady Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    I am cold too, but I thinks thats because i am in Ketosis.... I think that makes you cold!

4. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

yip def ketosis makes you cold. Im nearly always freezing.

5. NoMorePies

NoMorePies Full Member

Yes in ketosis - Just think about all those calories you are burning simply by shivering,

Pies

6. hutchi

hutchi Member

Diet:
    exante
    yes its due to your body burning fat(ketosis) put on a cardy and just try to see it as a good thing!

7. shazzy1970

shazzy1970 Full Member

that fine i can cope with being blue and thin!!;)

8. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Lol! I'm cold today too - it's gloriously sunny outside yet I am wearing a big cardi!! I like it though, being cold is good :) xx

9. hotstuff

hotstuff Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I see it like this...... Here somes the science bit......

When you are warm your body inside is at the same temperature as outside as it is not doing very much but now that you are burning fat your inside is much warmer than the environment outside so you notice and feel the cold more.

maybe it's just my warped mind but it makes sense to me. I was cold but i am used to it now and I definitely see it as a positive sign!

10. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Ah! The ketosis fairy has sprinkled her freezing dust your way! It's great news. Love it! Just wear socks to bed, PJ's, and a hot water bottle.

11. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    8st3lb(41.97%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Oh Yes SO normal...never worn so many coats,arctic fleeces and the like in my life....even today we were all out in the garden and everyone was warm and I had coat and scarf on!!Roll on the summer!

12. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    I have looked into the reasons of prolonged feelings of coldness and apparantly the main reason for this is the very low calorie intake. It takes a large percentage of our daily energy to keep ur body adequately warm through the day and night but since we are now taking in much less in the way of calorie/energy our bodies are using the new 'stricter supply' of calories and using them in the most important way.
    Therefore we are heated to a 'safe' temperature and then the body uses the rest of the calorie energy in other areas (brain activity/ organ function/ muscle energy etc etc).
    So basically, heating the body is expensive in a calorific way and our bodies are now on a stricter budget so its time for a little 'budgeting of the body'
    cherylxx

13. cassiopeia

cassiopeia Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.91%)
    Diet:
    Intermittent fasting
    Hmm, I don't think it's ketosis - I never felt cold when I did Atkins. I think it is because technically speaking we are starving ourselves and therefore our bodies are going into shutdown mode where non-essential functions like keeping our extremeties warm (and growing our hair!) are cut back.

I do like Hotstuffs theory though!

ps. sorry, only just saw Cheryl's post for some reason, and she puts it much better than me!

Last edited: 9 April 2008
  14. Yuna

Yuna Let’s do this!! d(*.*)b

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Just wanna comiserate/congratulate the freezingness!!
    I bought some lovely fleecey pjs and fluffy bed socks and although cold I can imagine I'm all snuggly.

Big Cheer for the fat burning - WHOO HOO!!

15. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I dont think its ketosis either as I have also done high protein diets before, been in ketosis and never once felt cold, I feel that because we are not taking in the calories there is not enough energy in the body to heat the whole body.

16. Ruthlet

Ruthlet Wants to be a loser!

Diet:
    CD
    I was absolutely freezing all last summer - it was 24 degrees in our office and I was still wearing 4 layers of clothes and cold :eek:.

The thing is even now I am eating a coventional healthy balanced diet I still feel the cold more than I used to - clearly all the fat I lost was keeping me insulated ;).

The following comes from the Cambridge website:
    PS - I'll take being cold over being overweight anyday!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.