• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I am SO piggin' demoralised!

I have been working really hard at dieting all week. I started last Sunday at 20 stone. I used to overeat and binge eat and eat nothing but junk, God knows how many thousands of calories per day - and I did no exercise whatsoever. :eek: This week I have rigidly counted every calorie I have eaten on an app on my phone. I have eaten around 800 calories most days, although ONE day it did creep up to 1300. I've cut out beer and wine and have only had a few G&Ts instead of the usual binge-drinking, I haven't had a crumb of chocolate or biscuits or cake and I've had 4 slices of bread all week. I've started eating a healthy breakfast and I eat fruit and veg instead of processed food. I have also walked 3 - 5 miles a day every day since Tuesday.

By Tuesday I was down to 19 stone 12lb and was really pleased - seeing results already. I just weighed myself again, almost a week into my diet and I am still 19 stone 12! WHY?!

I know you're not meant to rush it blah blah but I don't understand how you can cut out so much junk food and start exercising and lose nothing?!

My feet are absolutely bloomin' killing from blisters (and I'm wondering: for what?) and I'm so fed up and SO SO SO tempted to scoff chocolate!

GRUMP!!!

Pud x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Try not to get disheartened. Lot's of things other than fat can impact on weight. Try to avoid weighing more often than once a week. 2 lb is good on a clorie controlled diet so I think you should feel proud. We always want more, but losing anything is a cuase for celebration, Take care and don't give in!

Maybe your body is going into starvation mode, with such a drastic change in your calorie intake.

I would suggest that you are not eating enough. You shouldn't go under 1200/day and when you are larger you get a bigger allowance. Get yourself over to MFP or Livestrong and see what they suggest for a daily allowance.

I think you'll find its something in the region of 1500-1700 for the weight mentioned in your post.

You need to ease your body into this not shock it into oblivion lol

I've had that happen in the past, on my weekly weigh in I've been the same weight as previous week, but if I didn't worry and stuck to it I often found on the next weekly weigh in I'd dropped 4-5lbs

Personally I don't bother calorie counting. I just eat clean-I eat natural foods, cook from scratch. Its simpler. The only things I really "cheat" on occasionally are brown bread and fruit which isn't too bad really :)

I have 2 tbsp/30g oats (pinhead oats are the best but the others will do), 11tbsp/170ml skimmed milk (I do measure portions!), and 3 almonds. For lunch I will have a tuna salad-tuna with spinach, red onion, quarter of a pepper and tomato. I put my mains on a side plate but bear in mind I'm 5'2-you can well afford to stick your mains on a small dinner plate! Maybe the same thing for dinner or else chicken/fish with cooked veg-cabbage/some kind of green veg-or salad. I also drink 3 litres of water a day. The G&Ts are pretty calorie wise..vodka and diet coke is another good calorie option although I'd keep alcohol to a minimum/cut out altogether if I were you as it will just bloat your tummy!

As you are much taller than me and can afford to weigh more, you could have a banana/one piece of fruit with your breakfast. I would still stay away from the bread etc unless you do a lot of exercise.

Maybe post what you're eating on here so we can advice you more?

2lbs is a bit low for a first week but you will probably get a bigger weight loss next week, sometimes weight loss can be weird like that! Just persevere and you will get it off!

Make sure you drink lots of water- at least 2l a day.

boggins

Silver Member
Yorkshire I know how you feel. I'm at a similar weight to you, and despite swimming, jogging and hill walking this week, and keeping to a sensible calorie level (1200 - 1400 net), I've lost one measly pound. It happens.

Staying the same often seems to happen at the beginning of weight loss, judging by what I read on here. I like to think of it as the body stopping and going, "Whaaat?"

As disappointing as it is, keep going. Next week it'll probably all change.

If I had one comment, it would be that I think 800-odd cals a day is probably going to be very difficult to maintain for any great length of time. If you want to eat very low calorie you might be better off trying a very low calorie diet (VLCD) system and speak to your doctor, to make sure your health is monitored. Otherwise you will probably feel better eating a little more, and it won't affect your weight loss. Best of luck!

was just wondering how you're doing?! :)

Hey there Yorkshire, :D
I felt the same my first week at WW. I only lost two pounds but the second week I lost 4lbs. I am steadily locing weight at the moment on 41 points a day - which i think is about 2000 calories. Plus I have 49 points to use during the week on top of that - but i rarely use these anyway.
Would love to see how you are doing?
Emms x