I am sooo going to do it this time :-)

Beware... Just going to have a little moan!!

I have just been to the GP and I am not allowed to drive for 4 weeks - due to "unstable blood pressure"! 4 weeks - does he realise how long that is and how much I depend on the car for work and my sanity? I have been started on some medication called Quinagolide which is to reduce the Prolactin levels in my blood - an MRI detected a small tumor on my Pituitary Gland a couple of months ago. The Consultant warned me about the side effects but I thought he was being dramatic lol - however they have knocked me for six - haven't been able to go to work since Monday (started them Mony night) and am so bored!! Mornings are the worst, I take the tablet a night and it seems to wear off about 2pm but up until them I am really dizzy which makes me vomit (if I don't lie still). The GP has given me Buccastem (anti-sickness tablet) so hopefully it will be less of a problem - he wanted to sign me off of work for 2 weeks but after lots of begging and pleading he said I could go back as long as I don't drive!!

Being at home on my own is so dangerous for me in terms of food - I get bored which quickly manifests into apparent hunger - I guess being sick in the mornings is not helping because by lunchtime I am starving - it is a weird sickness - not a constant nausea, which means I am hungry soon after!

Sorry about that - moan over and feeling a bit better now!

Hope everyone is having a good week.. xxx

Ah massive hugs babe, I don't drive so can't sympathise on that count but I do know the hunger boredom thing, I was like that off sick Monday & Tuesday with an ear infection..... Xx

Awww hun big hugs, i hate being dizzy, I take Stemetil for my dizziness, it doesnt help my driving lessons at all, especially looking in all the mirrors!
I hope it settles down for you soon x

Hi hmmmm, my mum has Cushings disease, which is a tumour attached to the pituitary gland. She has had one removed and awaiting to see if she needs another. If you would like to pm me or speak with her don't hesitate. There is not much info in the uk (mainly USA).

I have a prolactinoma which is a small tumour on my pituitary gland, was diagnosed in 1998 and have been on medication to keep my prolactin levels on an even keel. It's comforting to know there are others out there with similar conditions. You will be fine. x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi, thanls for the messages - I am feeling a bit better today :) I haven't been given a name for it - just shown the MRI results and started on medication - I have got to see the Consultant again in 6 weeks so will ask then! Do you take Quinagoline? xx

A little victory today.. was sorting out old photos, putting them into folders on the computer. OH has just brought an Apple Laptop (for to technical for me) but it has facial recognition and the computer sorts them into groups dependent on the people in them - it put the photos with me in into two different catagories - thinking I was two different people - fat face and my face now!! :) It's the little things that make me smile!! x

Hmmmm said:
A little victory today.. was sorting out old photos, putting them into folders on the computer. OH has just brought an Apple Laptop (for to technical for me) but it has facial recognition and the computer sorts them into groups dependent on the people in them - it put the photos with me in into two different catagories - thinking I was two different people - fat face and my face now!! :) It's the little things that make me smile!! x

That's fab!!!! Xx

securedownload1.jpgsecuredownload2.jpg

Just been looking through some old (and more recent photos!) What a difference 100lbs makes!! :D First one was taken Sept 2011 (I wasn't at my biggest here, but seem to have managed to avoid the camera after this) Second one was taken a few weeks ago!

You look amazing :) like two different people. Well done. How much weight have you lost now?

You look amazing :) like two different people. Well done. How much weight have you lost now?

Thanks - I have really struggled this week so was looking for some motivation! I've lost 119lbs - about 8.5 stone! xx

Ah now I'm gutted Rachel :) I thought it was me :( though actually I don't blame you. I think I've found my new thinspiration too :)

Wow you have done so well!! You look so amazingly different - 8.5 stone truly fantastic :)

Rachgleeson said:
aw kat your still there too, really do admire her so much makes me think this could of been me last year if i had stuck to it :(

I was joking Rachel ;) I think she's done amazing but you did fantastic as well. You've seen the results, you know what's achievable so go for it. I know you had lots of family issues last year and some of them are long term but you will do this if you find coping mechanisms for the tough times. We're here for you x

Thanks for all your comments (and no need to argue ladies! ;)) Honestly, If I can do it anyone can.. I never would have imagined this time last year that I would be here - still a way to go but putting them side-by-side has given me some more determination! xxx

Back