I am sooo going to do it this time :-)

Well done on your weight loss, that's fantastic! My weekend was okay, I cheated a bit on saturday and felt bad about it straight after but stayed on the straight and narrow since then

I am so happy - I called all the pharmacies in Basingstoke yesterday and found some in stock in the last one I tried!! I picked them up this morning - I wouldn't believe it until they were in my hand but I have got a whole new box :) I have had a good week so far but am really hungry for some reason - haven't been affected by hunger previously - wonder whether it was psychological becasue I didn't have any tablets left? Will start taking them again tonight xxx

Ahh well done! I still can't get hold of any in Brum, I have some left right now though and hoping I get some more before they run out...

What a couple of days!! I was really struggling towards the end of last week - I think a couple of days off of the tablets affected my mental attitude and I was really hungry!! I managed to get some more tablets on Thursday of last week but didn't take them until Sunday..

Thursday night I went out for dinner and had a jacket potato and chicken breast which was OK but had forgotten to take a tablet with me! Friday (this it where it went downhill) the girls from work arranged a little leaving party, which ended in a VERY drunken night ending with Pizza. Saturday I felt awful (hungover) and was easily pursuaded to have a takeaway by OH :-( This consisted of Chicken Balti, Pilau Rice, Bombay Potatoes, Poppadoms and Nann Bread!! I had loads and was then sick Sat night - not sure if it was to do with the tablets still in my system or because of the quantity of oily food I consumed?! Either way.. never again!!

We then went to visit family Sunday and Monday - had to eat at other peoples houses but think I managed to avoid fat and was under my calorie allowance each day! Today we went to Swanage and stopped in the Harvester on the way home - had "Simply Chicken" with a jacket potato (no butter) and salad from the salad cart - feeling much better today but an gutted by the little (big) blip!! I am mostly concerned about my ddodgy relationship with food i.e. one drunken night ends in a full blow out - how will I ever maintain this long term?! I am too scared to get on the scales - might have to wait until my next weigh day (Monday) and will be pleased to have stayed the same as the two weeks previous i.e. have lost what I must have put on!!

Hope everyone eelse is doing well.. xx

Hi, it's so hard if you have some bad days and it does knock your confidence. There's been many a time when I've worried about how I'll manage to keep going and eventually keep my weight off and I'm sure most dieters worry about this. In my own personal experience I think it's better to draw a line under bad days as quick as possible and just jump straight back into diet mode. Try not to be too hard on yourself as we're all only human and it's a blip that you'll soon get past....

Hi, I've had a good week since my little blip last weekend.. Have had a week off of work which I usually find quite difficult in terms of staying focussed and in a routine but have been using MFP and think I have done OK :) I have had a little sneak on the scales and was 0.5lbs lighter than the Monday before my blow out weekend so fingers crossed for weigh in Monday morning!!

I noticed some of you guys have been using the 30 day shred - I ordered a copy off of Amazon and tried in this week - Jeeze - I could hardly move the next day and there is no way on this earth I could have done it again the following day!! Well done to those of you who manage it - must be a lot fitter than me!!

On a positive I did dig out a pair of jeans that I was wearing at Christmas and they are hysterical!! I wish I have measured myself now as I am interested to know how many inches I have lost but those jeans are a good reason to keep on track!!

We have just paid the final chunk off of our Summer Holiday in August and would like to try and loose another 2 stone by then!

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine! xx

Take some measurements now and start to keep a record. I measured myself for the first time since january and one of the things that i was struck by was that I had lost 2.5 cms off my neck - i didn't realise how fat my neck was.....lol

I have tried the Shred a few times, i did it 2 days in a row last week and have not touched it since. I do thing its worth persevering with though - maybe try it again.

You lost inches offf of your neck? I never thought of that but I guess you (not just you lol) would!!

Just realised I haven't posed for a while! I have lost all the "binge" weight and a bit more and am certainly back on the straight and norroow which I am really pleased about! On a negative, I went to see my GP today after some routine blood tests taken on Monday and I have got an abnormal level of the hormone Prolactin! The normal count is between 0 and 300 - mine was 2583!! So I have been referred to a Consultant and they have arranged an MRI scan! :( I am sure it is noting serious but I could do without it to be honest!!

Everyone else seems to be doing well xx

A high prolactin level could sometimes just be because of stress - and even the stress of doing a venepuncture for drawing a blood sample can cause an artificial elevation in your prolactin levels. This means that if your levels are high, they should be re-checked, to reconfirm this diagnosis, before proceeding further.

Have a read of the below, hope it turns out to nothing serious :)

http://www.drmalpani.com/prolactin.htm

Thanks for the research :) I have been referred to the Consultant before because it has been consistently around 900 for the last couple of years so it has been elevated for a while - for some reason it has shot up further! I am not having any other symptoms that would suggest anything awful - headaches/blurred vision etc. so even if it is not good news they should be able to treat it with medication! Thanks again.. xx

Hi,

Just realised I haven't written in here for ages! I was having a look at the forum and have realised how quiet it has gone - where is everybody?

I have had a good week (I think) and am hoping for a 1.5lb loss on Monday morning taking me into the 16's! When I started 6 months ago that seemed like an impossibility but now I am nearly there!! Next big target is the 13's - I don't think I have weighed that since I was 16 yrs old!!

Going on holiday next Sunday for two weeks and am adamant to come back weighing the same or hopefully with a small loss! We are going with my family and they are fairly healthy - we have got a cottage in Italy meaning self catering which should make things easier to manage and there will be loads of walking! I am going to stop taking the Orlistat tomorrow meaning I will have stopped for 7 days before we fly - just incase I inadvertently eat something that doesn't agree with them. I will take them with me incase I slip, in whcih case I will start taking again! It will be interesting.. If I can manage without them for the three weeks I will consider not re-starting?!

I went shopping last night and brought some cropped trousers from M&S (it is so difficult to find summer clothes - it is autumn stuff in the shops!) and got them is a size 18!! I was a 28 at Christmas - so pleased!!

Hope everyone else has hada good week! xxxx

Sounds like you've got a good plan. Hdveva wonderful holiday. Just watch the Italian s love of olive oil. It gets into everything :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have a fab time! I think that the italians do some really healthy stuff. They do loads of meat free dishes which might help keep the cals down. Most of all, enjoy your holiday x

Good morning,

This is it.. holiday day! We are off it Italy for two weeks - I am really nervous about the food but will do my best - if I come back with a STS I will be happy!

I have weighed his morning (a day early) and have only lost 0.2lbs this week - wonder if it is because I have stopped taking the Orlistat? Never mind - will sort it out when I come back! Assuming we will not have any internet connecton over there so I am going to try and calculate calories on paper..

I'll be back! xxxxx

Have a lovely time & enjoy your holiday. I don't think it will have been stopping the meds I've not taken them for 6 months now & still lose xx

Just make sure you write down what you've eaten. Even if I didn't know the cals just writing it down kept me on track

Enjoy the holiday :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How was your holiday? I am new to reply on this thread but I have been enjoying reading your diary. When I went to Italy last year I had a hard time sticking to my diet at that time i was on Cambridge diet. At the hotel I stayed in breakfast was more like dessert tarts, pastries, cakes no doubt it was hard to not come back and not gain anything i gained 4 lbs on a 5 day trip. oh well I enjoyed myself and the food in Italy was to die for.

Hi, I keep forgetting to update this diary!! We had a fantastic time in Italy and I managed to loose 4lbs over the fortnight! To be honest I ate very little becasue it was so hot (42c) and we did loads of walking - everything is up hill! The only thing I did slip up on was the Italian wine but it didn't seem to do me much harm!

I have never tried a meal replacement diet - what are you following now?

Hmmmm said:
Hi, I keep forgetting to update this diary!! We had a fantastic time in Italy and I managed to loose 4lbs over the fortnight! To be honest I ate very little becasue it was so hot (42c) and we did loads of walking - everything is up hill! The only thing I did slip up on was the Italian wine but it didn't seem to do me much harm!

I have never tried a meal replacement diet - what are you following now?

Well done you!!! That's an amazing loss on holiday xxx

Ps I once tried slim fast but didn't feel like I'd eaten (as it was a shake) and ended up having lunch as well- twice as many calories ooppss!

Back