I am sooo going to do it this time :-)

i know Kat and thank you :D. need to turn to something other than food at them times.

You only have 33lb to go, i really wish i was there. Its great when you can see what someone else has achieved gives others (like me) determination.

Loosing 33lbs will still officially make me "overweight" - but it seemed like such a long way to start that it was a good goal - not sure what will happen when I get there! x

I know :) I can't believe I'm do close . Although that 33 actually takes me to the 'ideal' weight and BMI though which I'm not sure I want. I definately want at least another stone to stone and a half but after that ill see.

I'm pleased there's actually so many if us 'oldies' still here. We've all come a long way And learned so much. So many forums have a high turnover and I think a lot of our success is the support and friendship found on here

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Made these earlier - for my Step Dad who follows a Gluten Free diet - they are really nice!! Worked out they are 130cals per piece - higher in fat due to the nuts but a really nice treat!
Ingredients
100g/4oz Ground Almonds
100g/4oz Ground Hazelnuts
2 tbsp Honey
250g/9oz Caster Sugar
50g/2oz Candied Peel, chopped
2 Egg Whites
For the icing
4 tbsp Icing Sugar
1 tbsp Lemon Juice

Instructions
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the nuts, sugar, honey, peel and egg whites. Knead into a workable dough then leave in a cool place for at least 30 minutes.

2. Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, Gas mark 3 and lightly butter and flour 3-4 baking sheets.

3. Turn the dough onto a surface which has been thickly dusted with icing sugar and roll out to 5mm/1/4 inch thickness. Cut into squares or diamonds and transfer to the baking sheets, spacing well apart. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.

4. In another bowl, mix together the icing ingredients and use to cover the biscuits whilst they are still warm. Cool completely before eating.

9 stone! Wow ! What a feeling that must be.

Hi everyone, I have been to the GP today to get some more tablets and he said I am officially the "biggest looser" this year at the Surgery - he was really quite excited for me! But, he was really reluctant to prescribe anymore for me - after some begging and pleading he agreed to give me one more script to get me through Christmas - I explained to him that I am relying on them psychologically now rather than physically and he said that taking one a day is not going to have a massive impact on me so if I thought it would help me over the festive period he would let me have them :) So, I have worked out I have 101 tablets left - 101 days and I have to go it alone - scary stuff!! xx

Sweetheart you can do it! I didn't think I would & when I stopped taking them I'd still got 3 months worth but I haven't ever had to have one, there have been moments when I did think I might have to after slipping but I didn't. You have all my support x

Happy Christmas everyone! I was planning to have two days off over Christmas - yesterday and today, but after yesterday I clearly cannot be trusted with food choices so back to it today! I hope everyone has a lovely day whatever you are up too! XXX

Do you need to worry about food choices on Christmas Day, lol?! I've already had two massive scones with butter and jam, a walnut whip and a chunky kit kat - oops! Now what's for lunch?? :) xx

Do you need to worry about food choices on Christmas Day, lol?! I've already had two massive scones with butter and jam, a walnut whip and a chunky kit kat - oops! Now what's for lunch?? :) xx
I really shocked myself yesterday having a free rein! I am too scared I won't be able to get it back under control if I don't get it sorted today! X

Lol Tracy!!! :) do you not find you naturally restrict your choices anyway? My brain is so ingrained to 'healthy' options I feel guilty if I go too mad . Having said that I am going to enjoy my Christmas pud and drunken trifle.

Hmmmm said:
I really shocked myself yesterday having a free rein! I am too scared I won't be able to get it back under control if I don't get it sorted today! X

I do understand that, actually, lol. But I'm just enjoying a few of my favourite things for a few days, then will get straight back to it on Thursday, probably with a sigh of relief! xx

toofatkat said:
Lol Tracy!!! :) do you not find you naturally restrict your choices anyway? My brain is so ingrained to 'healthy' options I feel guilty if I go too mad . Having said that I am going to enjoy my Christmas pud and drunken trifle.

Lol, you're right, Kat. I did have my naughty breakfast, but I've tempered it at lunch by having WW petit pains, low fat pate and reduced fat humous - all stuff I wouldn't normally eat but which is not too bad (and just a tiny bit of yummy Wensleydale with cranberry!). I can't actually give myself free rein, because I feel full and sick very quickly nowadays!! Hope you're enjoying your Christmas -I'll be having my cooked meal this evening, but it shouldn't be too naughty. :) xx

I'm absolutely stuffed now :) pudding has to wait fir an hour I think. We'll just eat leftovers for tea plus the hams I cooked Nd cheese and crackers . What a day . Makes me realise I just couldn't eat like this every day

just thought i would pop in and see hows it going???

Back