I am sooo going to do it this time :-)

I use MFP and it calculates that to maintain I should be eating just under 2000 however, I have it set at 1700 and usually have around 1400 - this allows for my "little blips" and my weekly average comes in around 1500 - hope that makes sense - a bit random but works for me!

I've accepted :) can't see your food entries though - if you want to share you need to go to settings and change the privacy settings..

I use MFP and it calculates that to maintain I should be eating just under 2000 however, I have it set at 1700 and usually have around 1400 - this allows for my "little blips" and my weekly average comes in around 1500 - hope that makes sense - a bit random but works for me!

I do this. I am aloud 1970 calories but during the week I use about 1400 sometimes more sometimes less. So I don't feel guilty about enjoying a treat at the weekend.

Thanks Rachel, it's definitely about getting a balance.. It's just learning to do that without panic and regret! You are doing amazingly well :) x

Thanks Rachel, it's definitely about getting a balance.. It's just learning to do that without panic and regret! You are doing amazingly well :) x

It is and we should never forget we have to live too :)

Thanks I am getting there again slowly but surely. Been an up and down couple of years.

If it works for you, it's the right thing to do. It's probably much healthier to average things out than be a slave to a very rigid number of calories each day. That's ok for a few days or weeks, or even months for the disciplined...but losing weight long-term and being happy and healthy in you mind and your body is what you sound you are aiming for.

Hi all, I have slipped with updating this again! Had a really hideous week, work wise.. Which has been really stressful - but I am really proud that I didn't turn to food! We went out for dinner last night - OH treated me in an attempt to cheer me up and we went to a lovely country pub.. Made OK food choices and drank way too much alcohol but it was just what I needed :) Had crab and grapefruit salad to start, rissoto for main and sorbet (and some of OH's cheeseboard) for dessert - did pick at the bread and olives and drink a rediculous amount of wine but given the delicious food on the menu could have been far worse! They were also selling homemade truffles on the bar - which I resisted buying as I would have eaten the packet!!

weight - I have lost the 1lb I gained a few weeks ago and yesterday morning had lost another 1.5lbs (probably stress related) but this morning am back up to 12.2.5lb so need to have a good weekend and should maintain this week!

Hope everyone else is doing OK - wishing the sun would make an appearance!

xx

Hi all, I have slipped with updating this again! Had a really hideous week, work wise.. Which has been really stressful - but I am really proud that I didn't turn to food! We went out for dinner last night - OH treated me in an attempt to cheer me up and we went to a lovely country pub.. Made OK food choices and drank way too much alcohol but it was just what I needed :) Had crab and grapefruit salad to start, rissoto for main and sorbet (and some of OH's cheeseboard) for dessert - did pick at the bread and olives and drink a rediculous amount of wine but given the delicious food on the menu could have been far worse! They were also selling homemade truffles on the bar - which I resisted buying as I would have eaten the packet!!

weight - I have lost the 1lb I gained a few weeks ago and yesterday morning had lost another 1.5lbs (probably stress related) but this morning am back up to 12.2.5lb so need to have a good weekend and should maintain this week!

Hope everyone else is doing OK - wishing the sun would make an appearance!

xx

I'm feeling your work pain, well done on controlling your food, hope you enjoyed the booze :)
We have to live normal lives but recognise what we have done wrong one week and then put I right the next week.. You've done so well x x x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Lisa.. Just read your posts - it sounds really harsh and glad it's sorted!

My stress is my own fault really - I had to got one of the young ladies we support detained under the mental health act on Thursday - she has been teetering on the edge for a few months now and I have been working really closely with her and her support staff/family to try and stabilise her, but Thursday night she went a step to far :-( We are trained to "not get too close" but I had a real soft spot for her and think she has got so much potential if we could have just gotten her behaviour under control! Anyway, it's all done now so have to look forward and move on, and hope she gets the support she needs! Xx

Thanks Lisa.. Just read your posts - it sounds really harsh and glad it's sorted!

My stress is my own fault really - I had to got one of the young ladies we support detained under the mental health act on Thursday - she has been teetering on the edge for a few months now and I have been working really closely with her and her support staff/family to try and stabilise her, but Thursday night she went a step to far :-( We are trained to "not get too close" but I had a real soft spot for her and think she has got so much potential if we could have just gotten her behaviour under control! Anyway, it's all done now so have to look forward and move on, and hope she gets the support she needs! Xx

It must be really hard not to get too close Hun, yeah glad that week is over for me, hopefully things will start to settle soon... Unfortunately I get stuck in the middle between my client wanting us to do something one way and the company I work for thinking we shud do it another lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi lovely. Sorry work has been so stressful babe, i would be exactly the same.... You've done so amazingly, you've lost nearly as much as I weigh in kg I seem to remember from looking on mfp which is truly brilliant xx

Hi all, I have had the most horrific week food wise - I am too scared to get on the scales but have definitely gained a considerable amount of weight :-( I went of for a job interview Tuesday (wearing my size 12 trousers, that I'd never be able to do up today!) - I applied for the job on a whim, never thinking I would get an interview, let alone get offered the job - but they call Tuesday night to offer it to me!!!! Which is great - it is a much higher position, working across the South West of England - which means I can move back with my family (they all live in Somerset).. But I had to make all these decisions really quickly and of course with emotions comes food - I have literally eaten 4000+ calories in food and alcohol every day for the last 3 days - how can a human physically do that?? I have eaten takeaways, biscuits, chocolate, copious amounts of alcohol etc. etc. - in fact anything I could get my hands on and not enjoyed one mouthful of it!!!! - Utterly ridiculous!!

I have got back on the straight and narrow today - I actually handed in my resignation yesterday and gave notice on our house this morning, so now things are done I am feeling so much better - but dreading what the scales are going to say!

Not really sure what else to write, but do feel better having admitted to someone else how silly I have been!! xx

Hmmmm said:
Hi all, I have had the most horrific week food wise - I am too scared to get on the scales but have definitely gained a considerable amount of weight :-( I went of for a job interview Tuesday (wearing my size 12 trousers, that I'd never be able to do up today!) - I applied for the job on a whim, never thinking I would get an interview, let alone get offered the job - but they call Tuesday night to offer it to me!!!! Which is great - it is a much higher position, working across the South West of England - which means I can move back with my family (they all live in Somerset).. But I had to make all these decisions really quickly and of course with emotions comes food - I have literally eaten 4000+ calories in food and alcohol every day for the last 3 days - how can a human physically do that?? I have eaten takeaways, biscuits, chocolate, copious amounts of alcohol etc. etc. - in fact anything I could get my hands on and not enjoyed one mouthful of it!!!! - Utterly ridiculous!!

I have got back on the straight and narrow today - I actually handed in my resignation yesterday and gave notice on our house this morning, so now things are done I am feeling so much better - but dreading what the scales are going to say!

Not really sure what else to write, but do feel better having admitted to someone else how silly I have been!! xx

Aww, we all have these blips! The important thing, as you know and have done, is to draw that line and get back to normal. No matter what the scales say temporarily, the most you could have gained in real fat terms is a couple of pounds, and that's nothing compared to what you've lost! So forget about that - more importantly congratulations on the new job, that's very exciting, a whole new life by the sound of it!! :) xx

Right then my lovely, even if you have gained 1/2 a stone it will come off quickly I can promise you that. I gained 8lbs on holiday & 5lb of it went in 5 days so back on it now & you will be fine. You are amazing & an inspiration to us all & you are allowed a little blip every now & then... & most importantly massive congratulations on the job, you must be thrilled xx

Congrats on the job, your blip will prob be bloat and retained fluids ;)

Exciting times !

following primal blueprint and 5:2 /4:3 fasting plan

Thanks everyone, for being so positive.. Had a good day yesterday - still too scared to get on the scales - might try and wait until next weekend?

i am excited about the job but it is a massive change - I have worked for the same company since I was 17 yrs old - I started as a Support Worker and worked up to Snr Manager.. It is the end of an era! I am not a very spontaneous person so everyone is really shocked by the revelation - I didn't tell anyone I had gone for the interview because I didn't think I had a chance in hell of getting it :) xx

Back