I am starting lighterlife! - Advice Needed.

JJR93

Hi Everyone, just been to a meeting now to start lighterlife. I got there and was met by a Lady who weighed me and took my height.

I am 5ft 10inch and weigh 17 stone 12 pounds and have a BMI of over 35. I am only 18 years old.

Can anyone give me advice?

Also what can I expect to loose?

Thanks.

My advice is very simple and straightforward. No matter how crap week one DO NOT quit. Stick too it and you will be rewarded with a fantastic weightloss and it really does get easier!

Thanks for your reply and advice!

The first week can be tough. You may feel hungry and ill. However, by day 5 or 6 you will be in ketosis and your hunger will be supressed and you'll feel a lot better. Stick at it!

Drink plenty of water - it speeds up your weight loss. At least 3 litres a day.

Try all of the foodpacks. Some you'll love and some you'll hate but everyone's tastes are different.

Ask questions on the forum whenever you're unsure of anything (you don't need to be told this as you've already started asking questions!)

Make the most of your group therepy sessions. These sessions are essential if you hope to keep the weight off afterwards.

Never skip packs. Once you are in ketosis you won't feel very hungry and may be tempted to have 3 packs instead of 4. You won't lose weight any quicker, infact it'll be slower as your body will be in starvation mode. In addition, you need 4 packs to get the vitamins at you need and also to have the right amount of protein. If you don't eat enough protein you will get muscle wastage which is not the result you want. Having 4 packs a day you are fine.

That's all I can think off for now!

Thank you really excited about starting this myself and my girlfriend are doing it together.

Oh - you also asked how much you could expect to lose. Normally a stone a month is achievable. The first month may be higher. Men also tend to lose quicker than women.

Good luck on your journey!

Hi JJ I'm the same height & about a stone more. I'm doing Cambridge but did LL before. After the first 2 weeks food feels like something that isn't part of my life & I don't feel deprived. Stick with it, take it a day at a time & use your weekly meeting as a refuel to get you ready for the coming week.

Thank you for all lovely replies.

Stick to it 100%. Follow all the rules and never feel that a little bit will be OK - it won't and you will regret it.

Remember that LL is about putting food to one side for a while. You can use the time you have not eating normal food to think about your relationship with it, to study what your cravings are, when they happen and why. You can't make those connections when you are stuffing your feelings with too much food.

Always go to your meetings and do your homework.

Keep coming back to this forum as it is really motivating!

Back