I am Treking Costa Rica in aid of Help for Heroes

SammyE

Silver Member
I had tried to do a different challenge but the doctors wont let me do it with my leg (I smashed my leg up earlier this year) Doctors didnt think jumping out of a plane then climbing a glacier would be a great idea but they have given me the all clear to do the Trek (as long as I wear a forest gump knee brace... sexaaayyyyy)

This would not be possible without my weight loss, so I HAVE to stick to this diet and I HAVE to lose the weight.

This is going to be a huge change of life style for me, I have started training by walking for 30mins twice a day, I will be doing this until the 17th of November 2011 when I leave for the Trek, I also have to start doing longer walks at the weekend, with the goal of getting up to being able to walk for 8 hours a day.

I am doing this for my friend Mark... Mark was the life and soul of every party, he made people smile, he made people happy... in August this year I attended Marks funeral, aged just 26, he was killed in the line of duty in Afghan. The world is a darker place without him.

I am also doing this to prove that us with weight problems, can over come them and we can do what many may think is impossible.

Anything is possible if you just believe :)

What a brilliant goal, I'm sure you'll do great, you sound so determined

That's such a wonderful thing to do, well done and I wish you all the best!

That is such a brilliant thing to do SammyE. I knew you had a kind face and now I know that you also have a kind heart. xx

Thank you all for your kind words!

Im in mad money raising mode at the moment, trying to come up with ideas how to raise the money... its such a huge amount, Im really worried I wont be able to raise it... I could sell all my old wardrobe that will no longer fit when Im at target haha

Thank you Joanne!

what a great reason to stick to exante, being a forces wife I am 100% supporting you hun xxx it's scary times and am so sorry for your loss.

xx

What branch berryred? I was an Army Mrs for 8 years :)

Mark died doing what he loved and I am hugely proud of him for that

When I lost the first lot of weight, I got friends and family to sponsor me during Lent - some sponsored me per lb, and others a set amount. I was amazed at the generosity and raised about £1,500. It was great, as doing the fundraising at the same time, and it being about my weight, it really helped to keep me motivated and stick to it.

Anyway, the trek sounds fantastic. Good luck with all the training, it sounds intense and amazing.

xx

What an amazing challenge! It will be amazing and a great goal to work toward! You will do it xx

Back