I am trying to refeed more gradually is this ok

matronix

Hi to you all
Any chance of you all having a look and a comment please.
As you will know the idea of refeeding was exciting and nerve wrecking.

For the first 4 days I had 2 shakes and 2 small meals
Today I have had fish and salad for lunch and turkey and salad for tea and 1 shake
am not in any rush to introduce carbs as a daily thing at the moment but will have some a few times this week.
There is no problem with this do you think. As long as I do the redeed gradually it should be o.k shouldnt it?

I would imagine it would be okay as long as you just gradually introduce the carbs when you do decide to have them, and not go from no carbs to loads of potatoes, rice, bread etc, but there are carbs in your salad and vegetables too.

There are two types of carbohydrate: complex and simple.

• Complex carbohydrates

Complex carbohydrates are often referred to as starch or starchy foods. They are found naturally in foods and also refined in processed foods.

Complex carbohydrates as natural starches are found in:
    • bananas
    • barley
    • beans
    • brown rice
    • chickpeas
    • lentils
    • nuts
    • oats
    • parsnips
    • potatoes
    • root vegetables
    • sweet corn
    • wholegrain cereals
    • wholemeal breads
    • wholemeal cereals
    • wholemeal flour
    • wholemeal pasta
    • yams.
    Complex carbohydrates as refined starches are found in:
    • biscuits, pastries and cakes
    • pizzas
    • sugary processed breakfast cereals
    • white bread
    • white flour
    • white pasta
    • white rice.
  • Simple carbohydrates

Simple carbohydrates are also known as sugars. They also exist in either a natural or refined form.

Natural sugars are found in fruit and vegetables.

Refined sugars are found in:
    • biscuits, cakes and pastries
    • chocolate
    • honey and jams
    • jellies
    • brown and white cane sugar
    • pizzas
    • prepared foods and sauces
    • soft drinks
    • sweets and snack bars.

I asked LT this same question and they told me to stick to their refeed advice. However CDers refeed more slowly and I must admit I wish I had done what you are doing! Let us know how you go.

Good luck.

x

Personnaly I would stick to the refeed plan exactly for two weeks and then vary the amount of carbs that I took in

thanks for responces

Hi All
Will give idea what I have been having and then let you know wen I go for weigh in tomorrow,
DAY 1 - 2 shakes -salmon/salad
Day 2 -as above - tuna salad
Day 3 -as above chicken salad
Day 4 -as above - chicken salad
Day 5 -1 shake - tuna salad - chicken veg
Day 6 -1 shake - tuna salad/8os potato (felt so full) - chicken/ veg
Day 7 - 1 shake - Chicken kebabs with natural yoghurt and spices/baked potato /veg-- tuna salad
Day 8 -1 Shake - kippers in brine/salad/baked potato - chicken kebabs withnatural yoghurt veg- apple
Going for weigh in tomorrow so let you know how I got on.
The idea of having to add a light meal like a bagel/pitta puts me off as I don't have the appetite for it.

I did buy some pitta today medium wholemeal but feel so full coulnt eat it.

I would imagine it would be okay as long as you just gradually introduce the carbs when you do decide to have them, and not go from no carbs to loads of potatoes, rice, bread etc, but there are carbs in your salad and vegetables too.

• Complex carbohydrates

Complex carbohydrates are often referred to as starch or starchy foods. They are found naturally in foods and also refined in processed foods.

• bananas
    • barley
    • beans
    • brown rice
    • chickpeas
    • lentils
    • nuts
    • oats
    • parsnips
    • potatoes
    • root vegetables
    • sweet corn
    • wholegrain cereals
    • wholemeal breads
    • wholemeal cereals
    • wholemeal flour
    • wholemeal pasta
    • yams.
    • pizzas
    • white bread
    • white flour
    • white pasta
    • white rice.
  • Simple carbohydrates

Simple carbohydrates are also known as sugars. They also exist in either a natural or refined form.

• chocolate
    • honey and jams
    • jellies
    • pizzas
    • soft drinks
    • sweets and snack bars.

See, you totally are the queen of knowledge!!! :)

This is very helpful thanks mary :)

What are the best carbs to have then?

The ones highlighed in blue are the best ones to have and anything natural, like honey with no added sugars.

• Complex carbohydrates

• bananas
    • barley
    • beans
    • brown rice
    • chickpeas
    • lentils
    • nuts
    • oats
    • parsnips
    • potatoes
    • root vegetables
    • sweet corn
    • wholegrain cereals
    • wholemeal breads
    • wholemeal cereals
    • wholemeal flour
    • wholemeal pasta
    • yams.
    • pizzas
    • white bread
    • white flour
    • white pasta
    • white rice.
  • Simple carbohydrates

• chocolate
    • honey and jams
    • jellies
    • pizzas
    • soft drinks
    • sweets and snack bars.

ideal - thanks kered :D

weigh in after 1 week refeed

Hi All
Went for weigh in today and lost 2lb. So I am now 5lbs under original target.
My pharmacist was very pleased and with this and said I should carry on. He did not totally go against the lipotrim refeed programme but advised that I take the refeed more slowly as I am doing, where I gradually introduce carbs. My stomach will have shrunk and I would feel uncomfortable over loading now. I doo remember the awful bloating feeling from eating bread and am not in any to go there again. He said it could take me up to 3 months to find out what my ideal intake of food should be to maintain loss, and that during that period I may lose or gain some. I feel happy with this advise and will continue.
As you know I go on holiday on the 22nd and have then to make decisions of what to eat there.
I am finding that I fill up very quickly.
Food today
Chocolate shake for breakfast
Chicken/salad/med. w/m pitta though couldnt eat it.
Banana/apple
Salmon steak.green beans.mange tout and only managed 2ox potato.
I know it probably not enough but its all I can do an the moment.
It is a marvellous feeling -feeling full I mean. Bing able to recognise the feeling.
I am following Paul mc kenna's 5 rules which I am sure you all know about and they do work.
So thats my 1st week oversee how I go next week.
I feel fantastic. My weight loss has inspired 3 colleagues to make appointments to sign up, so hopefully we will see them on here soon

thanks Mary for info.

Thanks Mary for info on Carbs. It will be a great help.

You're welcome for the info and well done on your 2lb loss, amazing. Keep it up you are doing great.

well done on your loss chick :D

hi matronix I go on holiday on the 29th had a little bit of disaster following refeed, as you have picked up on my thread, but I have had two meals today and a shake had three small new potatos at lunch and have felt full, I am going to be careful with my carbs and will watch them on hoilday too. fingers crossed we do ok. have a lovely holiday x

Well done, it's all a bit hit and miss if you STS or lose a bit on refee., I'm hoping to STS as I really don't want to lose any more weight. I'm also like you and don't want to eat bread, my biggest downfall.....I really don't miss it anyway!

hi matronix I go on holiday on the 29th had a little bit of disaster following refeed, as you have picked up on my thread, but I have had two meals today and a shake had three small new potatos at lunch and have felt full, I am going to be careful with my carbs and will watch them on hoilday too. fingers crossed we do ok. have a lovely holiday x
Hi Where are you off to on your hold. I am going to turkey Olu Deniz 6h time 9boring or what) but we love it and I know what to expect with the food. I am continuing on 1 shake and two meals though am introducing fruit up to 3 pieces and having some carbs(medium pitta bread ) an/ or potato. Am a bit stuck on the protein though so mainly having chicken or fish. Tuna or fresh salmon.Have tried canned kipprs in brine which are gorgeous but again an oily fish9good oils however) Am very partial to salmon and know it is higher in calories that most fish but its nice to have something hot, especially considering the terrible weather we have had here in manchester. Am going for my 2nd WI on friday so will see how I go. Will try to post my results before I leave. We can only try so they say.:D

My second name is BREAD

Well done, it's all a bit hit and miss if you STS or lose a bit on refee., I'm hoping to STS as I really don't want to lose any more weight. I'm also like you and don't want to eat bread, my biggest downfall.....I really don't miss it anyway!
Hi Supaslimma
like you I don't want to lose anymore weight, all my slothes will be too big for me. Granted I got aa lot of clothes from my sister who lost 3 1/2 st on lipotrim, but have had to get new t shirts etc. I am 5lbs under my original target but reset this and am 2lb under that. Considering my heaight weight ration I would still be classed as overweight but I am thin enough for me.
I am staying off the white breads of course, and trying wholemeal pitta bread medium size which is nice. While I feel strong and motivsated I am not even going to bother with w. bread, in fact I am eating mainly chicken.fish veg and salad. Throwing in the muller light total 0% yoghurt to make kebabs and fruit. Still having 1 shake a day and will continue this while on holiday. Well this is the plan so far, will see how I go on friday on 2nd WI

Hi Matronix, well as you can see, I've gone and lost another 2lbs...sigh!! My OH said he could see that I'm still losing and I think that he may pin me down and start force-feeding me if I keep losing!!!

Good luck for your WI on Friday.
How about some eggs for protein too?

Have had an egg which I love. do it in fry light but not the same without baked beans. Havn't vebtured that far yet. Still only on potato and pitta. Sad creature that I am.
Had some kebab chicken tonight which was cooked fresh for me with a little hot chilli sauce and all the salad trimmings. Didn
t miss the pitta bread actually.

Back